Joe Kinnear

Skirge

What is clear is that Mike Ashley is mentally incapable of acknowledging any football that occured after 1996.

This isnt Ashleys appointment. As if he's ever heard of Joe Kinnear.  :lol:

Ashley phoned Kinnear personally.

..and hasn't even spoken to Wise about it.

Guest elbee909

What is clear is that Mike Ashley is mentally incapable of acknowledging any football that occured after 1996.

He probably thinks Wise is still a player.

To appoint him. Nothing more.

After discussions, I'm sure Ashley has phoned every fucker on the list of applicants before he got round to Kinnear.

Guest Toon1981

Oh, he's a player all right...

Yep, Chris Mort clearly misunderstood Ashley when he said that he wanted Dennis Wise to direct the football from the middle and execute John Salako.

Ashley? Bullcrap. Where do you pull that from. Kinnear hasn't spoken to Wise, but then why should he?

Guest Toon1981

I haven't been so underwhelmed/surprised by an appointment since Paul Wolfowitz was made head of the World Bank, or John Bolton the US envoy to the UN.  Obviously, this is far more important like, but still.

I've just got back from uni and thought this was some some of joke. My mate told me, first reaction 'who?' then followed by 'him?!?!'. I don't think Keegan coming back would suffice, just seems like we are a joke club going around in circles, especially if KK comes back.

Where has it came from that Ashley personally spoke to Kinnear?

Well at least he is brave enough to get himself involved in this mess.

Personally, I appreciate the fact he's willing to come in and try to help us out, considering the number of other managers who are unwilling to do so.

Cheers Joe and all the best.

p.s.

Keep Taylor and Butt on the bench and my heart is yours.

Guest Toon1981

Well at least he is brave enough to get himself involved in this mess.

Personally, I appreciate the fact he's willing to come in and try to help us out, considering the number of other managers who are unwilling to do so.

Cheers Joe and all the best.

p.s.

Keep Taylor and Butt on the bench and my heart is yours.

Aye, obviously it's not his fault that we're in such a tragic state that he becomes the kind of manager we have to consider for the job...

Hope he does well, but pretty irrelevant stuff.  More symbolic of the shambles we've become in the last few weeks than anything.

really dont see the point in this if it looks like we are going to be sold within weeks, he isnt going to be in charge against blackburn, we then play everton away and then i think there is a two week break for internationals.  so by the end of october he would have had about 4 games and 3 weeks with the squad as a whole.

Guest newcastle4life

Werent getting anybody better on short term as nobody current manager would want the job for a few weeks. We needed somebody in hopefully we get some results and a  takeover happens quickly with a full time manager coming in to fix the mess the club is in.

Guest The Libertine

its win-win for him really. if he does well he'll look like a genius and if he does badly then "its newcastle innit, at least i tried lol"

if he beats the mackems with us he'll be a bit of a cult hero.

Ashley? Bullcrap. Where do you pull that from. Kinnear hasn't spoken to Wise, but then why should he?

Eh? I meant Kinnear has said he's not even spoken to Wise, and dealt directly with Ashley right from the first phone call. So how is it 'not Ashley's appointment' (gggg's comment)? Whose else is it?

Guest unrealterrorist

Can you imagine what Collocini and Jonas are thinking at the minute?  Left decent teams in La Liga where life, i presume, was sweet enough, came over here thinking they were gonna be part of something.  Keegan f***s off, fans go mental, Director agrees to sell, The man behind Rio's world cup wind-ups fronts a bid by a bunch of faceless Nigerians to buy us out, and then..TA-DA!!!! We get Joe Kinnear in as manager!  They must be wondering if they are the butt of some Truman Show style practical joke being run on Spanish Tele. 

If you'd told me we'd be here a day before the transfer deadline closed, I.....I.....ugh!

The ONLY way this could have gotten any more daft is if we'd appointed Vinnie Jones as Director of Hardness and David Beasant as overseer of a newly created Quality-of-Perm Department.

I just don't know what the f*** is going to happen next with Newcastle.  Everyone I've told about Kinnear being boss has reacted with absurd shock and confusion or simply pissed themselves laughing (or both, the first one followed by the second).  Joe Kinnear is a statement of how low we have come.  I've seen so many bizarre things come true in such a short space of time that I'm half expecting Kinnear to do a good job to continue this bizarre theme.

:frantic:

:lol:

That's what I was thinking as weird as things are, we'll probably end up qualifying for the Champions League or something stupid like that.

Now THAT did make me laugh

I haven't been so underwhelmed/surprised by an appointment since Paul Wolfowitz was made head of the World Bank, or John Bolton the US envoy to the UN.  Obviously, this is far more important like, but still.

Who were you expecting - Mourinho?

A temporary job in a pressure situation isn't going to attract the biggest names in the game. Kinnear is an experienced manager who has dealt with difficult situations, and so he's a pretty good choice for steadying the ship.

Terry Venables turned us down man, we were never going to get anyone fans were going to be impressed with - and if we did get someone average then the new owners might be tempted to stick with them.  He's someone with management experience who's willing to take the job, and on an agreed short term basis at that.  We're lucky we got anyone.

Guest Brummiemag

Well the next month is one of the more important ones in the club's history. Its not the appointment most people were hoping for but what did we really expect and anyway the mess we are in is not his fault. Lets get behind Joe and the lads for the next few weeks and see what happens, rather than undermining him at the first opportunity

Good luck Joe