Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not your best defender BUT if he gets some confidence, i.e. the team does, then I can see him and Bassong forming an excellent partnership. He's a bit like Ferdinand to Vidic (Bassong) (as a vague comparison of how I would see them work).

It's much easier for a youngster coming in from France to adapt, than someone who's spent his career on the continent.

No offence O-N but that's one of the strangest arguments I've ever seen on here. 

Are you sayng an experienced international with loads of wordly football experience is at a disadvantage to a young kid who's more than likely never left his home country and is playing at a level higher than he's ever experienced before.

Bassong was part of a Metz team that got relegated from Ligue 1 as well.

That must have made it easier for him to settle into a poor side then. ??? :dontknow: :lol:

He wasnt fantastic today but neither was Ameobi, Carroll, Butt, Duff etc. yet they dont get slagged off like Colo does.

Look at Enrique- He took more than half a season to settle in and get back to his best.

Colo will be good for us (if he stays).

Ameobi was blatantly not even fully fit. The other two I thought played well.

It's much easier for a youngster coming in from France to adapt, than someone who's spent his career on the continent.

No offence O-N but that's one of the strangest arguments I've ever seen on here. 

Are you sayng an experienced international with loads of wordly football experience is at a disadvantage to a young kid who's more than likely never left his home country and is playing at a level higher than he's ever experienced before.

That must have made it easier for him to settle into a poor side then. ??? :dontknow: :lol:

N'Zogbia hadn't even broken into a Second Division French side, yet adapted quicker than Luque.

He's not your best defender BUT if he gets some confidence, i.e. the team does, then I can see him and Bassong forming an excellent partnership. He's a bit like Ferdinand to Vidic (Bassong) (as a vague comparison of how I would see them work).

That has to be very very vague :lol:  More like Shawcross & Faye (Bassong).

N'Zogbia hadn't even broken into a Second Division French side, yet adapted quicker than Luque.

Another shit buy from Deportivo

Because was talented and has the attributes for the Premier League whereas Collocini doesn't at present.  no hard to understand when you see him bullied off the ball so many times, yeh "not adapted" yet.

Guest Stephen927

Wish we had someone good enough to step in so that he could have a couple games on the bench, take a bit of pressure off him.

Strangely, I think playing all our Premier League games so far is having an adverse effect on him. Bit of rest could do him some good, rather than going down the Boumsong route of just feeding him to the wolves every week.

Luckily I think Colo will get more patience than Boumsong ever did. Won't last forever though, especially when every single point counts right now.

Cheers. Sometimes it's nice to hear a neutral point of view especially when some of our fans are so myopic.

Guest BigTrev

Another s*** buy from Deportivo

speaking of luque he scored last night

People are too harsh on him. Simple enough. Victim of his pricetag but is undoubtedly quality. Lacks height, pace and strength but will surely only get better if he's given time to. He's definitely technically and mentally sound and apparently made of bricks.

I see my injury jinxing from last night worked like... hope he's not out for long.

Is correct. He is out of form though. That shitty pass by Butt that almost left him looking like a complete mug via Chopra was ridiculous.

That shitty pass was down to Butt though, at least he tried to get something out of it.

Is correct. He is out of form though. That shitty pass by Butt that almost left him looking like a complete mug via Chopra was ridiculous.

That shitty pass was down to Butt though, at least he tried to get something out of it.

That's what I was saying. You can be a world class defender but when that's the kinda bumbling you have to put up with you are going to be made to look like a mug.

Did anyone see that tackle between Chopra & Coloccini that nearly led to their 2nd in slow motion? Colo's foot looked horrific the way it moved.

Thought it was a rick from Colo at the time but it was Nicky Butt's fault really, stupid header to play back.