The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

But we need a midfielder we know can do a job in the league and is available now. Bullard fits the bill, so if we got him and a few more bassong-type signings to pad out the squad then I'd be happier going into the tail end of the season.

I don't think Bullard - Butt combination is much better than Guthrie - Butt...the major problem lies on Butt.

Also linked with Luis Garcia who played for Liverpool.

Really? Isn't he getting on a bit now?

You sure it's not the Luis Garcia at Espanyol?

No, one of the papers over there specifically mentioned the one at Atletico. He's around 29, so not much older than Laryea Kinston, Bullard or other much worse plyers we've been linked to. He hasn't been getting that much time because of Simao.

Guest LucaAltieri

Just what we need, another left-winger.

Well...if N'Zogbia really is going to PSG.....

Given that all of our right-wingers only play there as a second or third position I'd say that was the more important role to fill.

We are being linked with Mamadouu Sakho, an 18 year-old 'wonderkid'. He is a CD and plays for PSG. We have been linked with him before.

It's in The People paper but I can't find a link. Hopefully he'll be the next Bassong

He's also already captained PSG

I think Sakho is wanted by all top clubs in Europe. In France, they regard him better than Bassong. Will be hard for us to get him here.

Yeah, he'd have no reason to come here and PSG no reason to sell to us. He'll play in Paris a few more years before his inevitable move to one of the "super clubs".

I watched him play in the U17 European Championships a year or two ago and he stood out by far. I doubt he would come here as he is already getting his game at PSG (captained them already). He will be better than Bassong. I think I might have posted about him before, but his heading, strength and reading of the game at such a young age were all superb.

Do you think with shola not up to it and viduka obviously lacking fitness with the likelyhood both may not be at the football club come end of season someone like heskey might be worth a shot?

I also think a midfielder maybe jimmy bullard(central player who can get forward and score a few goals) and an extra left back would be handy too.

At the moment i dont really care hahaha but if we can strenthen in january who knows where we can finish!!! :)

Just what we need, another left-winger.

Three isn't enough man.

I actually thought Luis Garcia was more of a right-sided player, however. A right-winger would be good somewhere down the line so we could get Jonas on the left hand side, because he's better there... and whilst i rate the Zog it'd be more beneficial for the side if Jonas was in his best position imo. That said, it's hardly a vital acquisition for January.

Elano - jump all over him if available

I dont see where a dramatic change of form is ever gonna come from him. He's been plodding along since about decemeber last year.

This whole 'Elano was only good for half a season' malarky has always been a bit of a myth in my eyes. As an entire side City slumped around the second half of the season and I guess as Elano had spearheaded their successful start he got more flak than anyone else. Even in that part of the season he still looked a class player in terms of vision and passing range. This season Ireland's been on top form and Robinho is a guaranteed start when he's fit so he's struggled to get in on the action. Isn't a question of form at all imo.

Elano flits in and out of games, he doesn't dominate the midfield. What you would call a luxury player. I see Spurs are being heavily linked with Bullard in the media. Not sure if that's because Spurs actually want him, or if it's just wishful thinking by London journos wanting him to join their team.

IF we can get a quality cm in then i think we could have a really decent second half season if we dont get too many of our key players injured. And some cover here and there..Will be very interesting next month. But i dont wanna have too high expectations, but if we manage to make one or two signings as good as the last ones then i will be very satisfied.

West Ham and Newcastle are both admirers of the Spanish wide-man and hope they will get the nod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1099170/Former-Liverpool-favourite-Garcia-make-Premier-League-return.html?ITO=1490

No thanks, he's gash.

Don't be daft, he's quality, could never understand Liverpool letting him go.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, on loan as well? Magic.