9 Søren Larsen (SUB)

28 Ahmed Soukouna (SUB)

7 Fode Mansare (SUB)

25 Daniel Braathen (SUB)

1 Sebastien Hamel (SUB)

14 Francois Sirieix (SUB)

12 Cheikh M'Bengue (SUB)

Rennes vs Toulouse tonight i think.

Despite both deals seemingly dead, would be interesting to see if both M'Bia and Ebondo are playing.

Stade Rennais F.C. : Nicolas Douchez, Carlos Bocanegra, Rod Fanni, Petter Hansson, Kader Mangane, Jérôme Leroy, Stéphane Mbia, Fabien Lemoine, Mickaël Pagis, Jimmy Briand, Moussa Sow.

Remps : Cheikh Ndiaye, Elderson Echiejile, Lucien Aubey, Bruno Cheyrou, Romain Danzé, Asamoah Gyan, Jires Kembo-Ekoko.

Toulouse : Carrasso, Fofana, Congré, Cetto, Mathieu, Mbengue, Sirieix, Sissoko, Braaten, Capoue, Gignac.

Remps : Hamel, Ebondo, Mansaré, Bergougnoux, Paulo Cesar, Bonnet, Pentecote.

Why are we  pissing around with this 2lose (text speak for the kids) 2nd choice rb, lets check out Daniel Congre instead if he plays more.

We arent, we put our bid on the table, reached what they asked for twice then they doubled the price. We said no and left it at that, balls in their court tbh.

I know we need to focus on experienced 1st team players as a priority, but what's happening with youth recruitment at the moment? I know we've brought in this Vuckic kid, but has anyone heard any more about Fereira, Adjei, that hungarian lad etc? I mean, what the fuck do Wise and Vetere and all them do all day when we're not in a transfer window?! Look at Liverpool's official website and see some of the young kids they have waiting to come through. We've come a long way with our youth recruitment policy over the last year or so, but we've still got lightyears to go. This is supposed to be Ashley's "strategy" to recruit the best young players from all around the world to give us a competitive advantage in the longer term. It's a nice idea in principle, and probably a sensible one given the situation, but i've yet to see any evidence of the policy being successfully implemented. At best, we just about caught up with average.

I know we need to focus on experienced 1st team players as a priority, but what's happening with youth recruitment at the moment? I know we've brought in this Vuckic kid, but has anyone heard any more about Fereira, Adjei, that hungarian lad etc? I mean, what the f*** do Wise and Vetere and all them do all day when we're not in a transfer window?! Look at Liverpool's official website and see some of the young kids they have waiting to come through. We've come a long way with our youth recruitment policy over the last year or so, but we've still got lightyears to go. This is supposed to be Ashley's "strategy" to recruit the best young players from all around the world to give us a competitive advantage in the longer term. It's a nice idea in principle, and probably a sensible one given the situation, but i've yet to see any evidence of the policy being successfully implemented. At best, we just about caught up with average.

To be fair most of them just sneak in under the radar, ala spear, alnwick.

Dont think there is anything to worry about with the youth policy, we seem to be adding 3/4 every window and people are coming in and out on trial all the time.

I know we need to focus on experienced 1st team players as a priority, but what's happening with youth recruitment at the moment? I know we've brought in this Vuckic kid, but has anyone heard any more about Fereira, Adjei, that hungarian lad etc? I mean, what the fuck do Wise and Vetere and all them do all day when we're not in a transfer window?! Look at Liverpool's official website and see some of the young kids they have waiting to come through. We've come a long way with our youth recruitment policy over the last year or so, but we've still got lightyears to go. This is supposed to be Ashley's "strategy" to recruit the best young players from all around the world to give us a competitive advantage in the longer term. It's a nice idea in principle, and probably a sensible one given the situation, but i've yet to see any evidence of the policy being successfully implemented. At best, we just about caught up with average.

It will be hard to tell until a few years time how good a job has been done. As the key is not just bringing in talented players, but also having the right staff and culture at the club to allow them to develop into top quality footballers. For example we need a structure set so all the youth teams play in a way that mirrors the first team, so that when they do make the step up they won't be out of place at all. If they have the talent of course.

It will be hard to tell until a few years time how good a job has been done. As the key is not just bringing in talented players, but also having the right staff and culture at the club to allow them to develop into top quality footballers. For example we need a structure set so all the youth teams play in a way that mirrors the first team, so that when they do make the step up they won't be out of place at all. If they have the talent of course.

Can't disagree with any of that, from either Slugsworth or Tooj.

I do think that we should be signing young players who are 19 or 20 though as well as these 16 year olds, so we can reap the benefits on some of them a bit sooner.

The Under 18s are top of their league, and still in the FA Youth Cup, so we can't ask for more than that. Any impact beyond that level is going to take another 2 or 3 seasons to be apparent.

I know only one of them is a Wise acquisition, but I think we have two very good - and possibly outstanding - young players in Ranger and Lua Lua.

The Under 18s are top of their league, and still in the FA Youth Cup, so we can't ask for more than that. Any impact beyond that level is going to take another 2 or 3 seasons to be apparent.

I know only one of them is a Wise acquisition, but I think we have two very good - and possibly outstanding - young players in Ranger and Lua Lua.

Under 18's are second actually but aye I get your point, we've certainly made some progress since Dicky Dosh came in.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/150299/NEWCASTLE-AND-SUNDERLAND-BATTLE-FOR-NAUGHTON-Sheffield-United-right-back-set-to-clinch-move-to-Premier-League.html

Would be a decent purchase, although a strange one as it says we are still after Ebondo.

four RB's at the club would be a little excessive.

Since when people give any attention to the News of the World? They've not a clue.

Note that absolutely pathetic lead story they're going with there about Michael Phelps using a bong.

Newcastle could reignite bid to sign Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson

Feb 1 2009 By Mark Guidi

NEWCASTLE are ready to launch a £2million deadline day swoop for Rangers captain Barry Ferguson.

The midfielder has been on Joe Kinnear's radar all month and now the Toon boss is set to follow up his interest with a formal bid.

Kinnear doesn't doubt Ferguson's ability although he has reservations about the player's fitness due to a recent ankle injury.

However, MailSport understands he has asked senior Newcastle stars their thoughts on Ferguson - and they urged him to make a move for the Scotland skipper.

Ferguson - who turns 31 tomorrow - doesn't want to leave Ibrox but would not turn down a switch to Newcastle if a bid is accepted.

Gers are desperate for money and need to bring in around £3million this month to ease the pressure being put on them by their bank.

They will reluctantly accept a minimum £2m for Ferguson.

Ibrox chiefs will now wait to see if Kinnear contacts them before the closure of the transfer window at 5pm tomorrow with a bid.