Andy Carroll signs new 3.5 year contract

Guest Heneage

I found it strange him coming on, we needed a player with a bit of pace that could run with the ball, not a big heavy centrre forward. Not going to call the lad for what he did when he came on, a few mins in a tough game after so long out I mean howay get off his back.

I don't know what he's doing off the pitch but on it he's clearly gone backwards. He played as if he was pissed tbh, and you have to ask yourself why he didn't pull up any trees when he went out on loan either.

For those who have ever kicked a ball in your life , or played football you should know that coming on for 5 minutes is always going to be hard , especially when your backs are against the wall.

I agree he looked lazy , and didnt seem to be able to run , however he win pretty much every header ( to no use as he was by himself ) , he held the ball up okayish , and what I liked about him , even though this is probably lack of experience , when it was 2-2 in stoppage time , he was looking to get the ball in the box to pinch another one , he certainly didnt want to just take a point.

I think he will have better days than what he had last night , but to judge him on last night performance in 5 minutes is shocking.

Guest Stephen927

I would have went with Xisco if previous games are anything to go by he would have offered us the closing down that we needed at the time to see out the result.

Difficult situation to come into the game, but none of us know what role he was given by Kinnear. My guess is that he was told to stay up front as an outlet and to avoid closing down too much, just to make sure the opposition back line couldn't push up TOO much.

For those who have ever kicked a ball in your life , or played football you should know that coming on for 5 minutes is always going to be hard , especially when your backs are against the wall.

I agree he looked lazy , and didnt seem to be able to run , however he win pretty much every header ( to no use as he was by himself ) , he held the ball up okayish , and what I liked about him , even though this is probably lack of experience , when it was 2-2 in stoppage time , he was looking to get the ball in the box to pinch another one , he certainly didnt want to just take a point.

I think he will have better days than what he had last night , but to judge him on last night performance in 5 minutes is shocking.

again, you've missed the point. It's not about judging him as a player, it's judging him as a supposed 'fan' of Newcastle United...he simply didn't look interested.

As for you comment of "For those who have ever kicked a ball in your life , or played football you should know that coming on for 5 minutes is always going to be hard , especially when your backs are against the wall." - surely you'd know that it's only hard when you're actually chasing down the ball and trying to put the opposition under pressure.

It's not so hard when your sole concern appears to be staying within a 10 yard radius of the centre spot and allowing opposition defenders to casually walk the ball into our half.

Guest michaelfoster

Like someone said, he was probably unfit as he hadnt played all season so far, he was very sluggish but does nobody think he was told to stay up front? I think JK told him to try and hold the ball up so others could get forward, unfortunatly Duff was f*cked by this point

He was shite and he didn't show much promise during his loan spell. Has done fuck all since he came back. He needs another loan spell somewhere to prove he can do the business in the men's game. If not, ship out.

The one place he shouldn't be is a Newcastle United 1st team.

Sounds like he fits right into the first team

Guest Heneage

Ok Junkhead tell me what Carroll's done but disgrace himself with Englands U19's score one header at Preston and generally been an arse, be it for clouting a women in town or being an arrogant sod.

Its not confidence as confidence is backed up with results. At 6'5 he should be causing centre backs major physical problems, using his weight strength, i've seen lads in Sunday League a lot smaller throw themselves round and be more physical than him. I'm not expecting Jan Koller but dear god show some heart man, you're playing for your hometown club in dire times 2-1 up with 10minutes to go and you're sauntering round like a Pony in the yard, he could have attempted to tackle Kompany or even foul him but no just lets him get his pass off. And that's just what he is, a show pony, average lad who scored in reserves (Mainly consisted of those his own age ) and is given a 5 year deal and elevated to status of "Prospect" because of where he was born and the fact he got 2 against "The Boro " reserves, its an absolute joke. Next comes the big Jeep and not signing lads tops on Match-Days. Its what this club does it gives player a self importance thats not always deserved, Chopra went on-loan and out perforemd him 10 fold both in goals and perfromance yet he wasn't given a 5 year deal, i'd rather have Chopra been given chance at least he had potential and wasn't only where he was "Because he was big". Even Rangers ahead of him now in my eyes, sooner hes gone the better.  

He was crap before his injury and will be crap when hes "Fully Fit".

Ok Junkhead tell me what Carroll's done but disgrace himself with Englands U19's score one header at Preston and generally been an arse, be it for clouting a women in town or being an arrogant sod.

Its not confidence as confidence is backed up with results. At 6'5 he should be causing centre backs major physical problems, using his weight strength, i've seen lads in Sunday League a lot smaller throw themselves round and be more physical than him. I'm not expecting Jan Koller but dear god show some heart man, you're playing for your hometown club in dire times 2-1 up with 10minutes to go and you're sauntering round like a Pony in the yard, he could have attempted to tackle Kompany or even foul him but no just lets him get his pass off. And that's just what he is, a show pony, average lad who scored in reserves (Mainly consisted of those his own age ) and is given a 5 year deal and elevated to status of "Prospect" because of where he was born and the fact he got 2 against "The Boro " reserves, its an absolute joke. Next comes the big Jeep and not signing lads tops on Match-Days. Its what this club does it gives player a self importance thats not always deserved, Chopra went on-loan and out perforemd him 10 fold both in goals and perfromance yet he wasn't given a 5 year deal, i'd rather have Chopra been given chance at least he had potential and wasn't only where he was "Because he was big". Even Rangers ahead of him now in my eyes, sooner hes gone the better.  

He was crap before his injury and will be crap when hes "Fully Fit".

:clap:

Agree 100%. Lacked commitment last night.

Carroll was terrible when he came on. One of the worst cameo's i've ever seen.

However, in his defence i still believe he has some, "beefing up" to do. Despite being a very tall lad, he's very slim. If he does some weights and learns to hold up the ball, then he may have a chance.

Carroll was terrible when he came on. One of the worst cameo's i've ever seen.

However, in his defence i still believe he has some, "beefing up" to do. Despite being a very tall lad, he's very slim. If he does some weights and learns to hold up the ball, then he may have a chance.

Will that give him the ability to actually try though? That's his major problem. He makes Viduka look like Jonas.

Playing with the reserves tonight, impressive line-up:

NUFC: Krul, Edgar, Kadar, Tozer, Morris, Godsmark, Barton, Doninger, Marwood, Ranger, Carroll, Lough, Ferguson,  McCrudden, Inman, Sam Ameobi, McDermott.

He scored a hatrick in the last two games he played vs Boro res.