Man City

Mr. Snrub

When the first goal went in and we went down to 10 men, I thought we were going to get humiliated. Absolutely mullered. They had dominated the game up to then and looked a class above us. But instead of going in for the kill, they slowed the pace right down and started knocking the ball around. They're good, but not actually good enough to win games like that.

At this stage, they're a bit of a poor man's Arsenal. They pass the ball well, but not with Arsenal's pace and power. They also suffer a bit from Arsenal's weakness, in that there will be occasions when the long ball is the right option.

Guest Heneage

Robinho is a class act tbh.

Will never be a great in my eyes, the greats never had to cheat and hes been cheating since his days in La Liga. Shame good player.

As for Ireland good player, but hes like Ashley Cole, good player but my God I hate him, that celebration last night was cringe, Stephen you are not a Ronaldinho you are not samba, I truly wanted to slap his bald little mug.

Will never be a great in my eyes, the greats never had to cheat and hes been cheating since his days in La Liga. Shame good player.

As for Ireland good player, but hes like Ashley Cole, good player but my God I hate him, that celebration last night was cringe, Stephen you are not a Ronaldinho you are not samba, I truly wanted to slap his bald little mug.

Maradona wasn't a great then?  Because he has a drug based ban and the hand of god, plus was a bit of a cheaty little git.  On the other hand he is the most talented player ever.

Don't know why i needed to make that point.  Guess i'm just being overly contrary.

Guest optimistic nit

man city we're a liked club before all this. its not their fault their club has a billionaire, and they are a good club overall, hardly a nothing club, they are no smaller than we are. good bunch of fans overall, every club has its idiots, its just jelousy tbh.

Guest optimistic nit

he'd just scored a premiership goal :lol:

all this bitterness towards other clubs is really getting on my tits, we wouldn't give 2 shits if one of our players did it.

Ireland is a player who benefits greatly from having better players around him.  It elevates his game and also makes him look better.  In our squad, or a squad like say, blackburn, he would be total dogshit.

He looked a very decent player even before the likes of Elano and Petrov came into the team, actually.

Jo reminds me a lot of Adebayor. He could still be one to watch if he adapts quickly enough...

Maradona wasn't a great then?  Because he has a drug based ban and the hand of god, plus was a bit of a cheaty little git.  On the other hand he is the most talented player ever.

Don't know why i needed to make that point.  Guess i'm just being overly contrary.

:thup:

This cheating nonsense is ridiculous. Cristiano's currently one of the best players in the world and wind constantly knocks him over whenever he's in a penalty area. It's a bad part of his game, as is the little tricks that Robinho uses to con refs, but he's still a pretty damn good player and has a lot of potential to improve.

Im starting to dislike Man City. Jealousy? Maybe.

I fucking despise Robinho. Would be great if anyone would find the pic of him winking at the tv camera while lying down after Beye's tackle, pretending to be injured. Shocking footage. I wanted to smash my TV.

Guest palnese

Once they get their team settled, they have a classy lineup. I think they miss a striker who is really settled. Theyve got Jo and Benjani, who is an average player IMO, and a couple of young lads behind in the que. But theyve got 3-4 midfielders who can create somethinh out of nowt behind the lone striker, but they lack formation i reckon. Robinho all over the place, and maybe at his best just off the striker, or in wide roles.

Yesterday, Robinho would have won it for them if he had used his brain and gotten further up the pitch before he collect the ball. In the space between or midfielders and stoppers, hes a real handful for any team. Thank fuck he was collecting the ball too low in the field all the time to be a real treath.

I like this City team. Many exciting offensive midfielders in Ireland, Swp, Petrov, Robinho, and Elano. And behind them youve got the young Michael Johnson and Kompany, with older players like Hamann to add experience in the side. We all know what these players can do individually, but i think Mark Hughes' biggest problem is to get them to work together as a team, not as individuals. Maybe theres to many potential "nr. 10s" in the side at the same time. I think City will be a real treath to the big teams in the years to come really.