Why Barton is so important

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton Butt and Guthrie are only going to look good playing in their natural position of central midfield, so if Barton is going to come back it should mean one of the other two being dropped, which will probably be Guthrie.

I just hope JFK doesn't do an Allardyce and play all three to accomodate his favourite characters. I've had enough of the square pegs in round holes BS.

Agree.

We have four competent wide players in Duff, Zog, Jonas and Geremi. Two of those should fill the wide positions, and the remaining midfield slots should be two from Butt, Guthrie and Barton if we are going 4-4-2.

The other option is to drop Ameobi and go 4-5-1. That would have been a no-brainer normally, but I don't think our midfielders score enough goals to make it work.

Barton Butt and Guthrie are only going to look good playing in their natural position of central midfield, so if Barton is going to come back it should mean one of the other two being dropped, which will probably be Guthrie.

I just hope JFK doesn't do an Allardyce and play all three to accomodate his favourite characters. I've had enough of the square pegs in round holes BS.

Agree.

We have four competent wide players in Duff, Zog, Jonas and Geremi. Two of those should fill the wide positions, and the remaining midfield slots should be two from Butt, Guthrie and Barton if we are going 4-4-2.

The other option is to drop Ameobi and go 4-5-1. That would have been a no-brainer normally, but I don't think our midfielders score enough goals to make it work.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Ameobi is undroppable at the moment. His presence is needed.

Agree.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Ameobi is undroppable at the moment. His presence is needed.

Agreed for the moment at least. It keeps the team balanced and gives us a physical presence to knock some mackem defenders about a bit.

Barton: I'm ready for Toon return

Joey Barton has declared himself ready for action ahead of this weekend's Tyne-Wear derby after featuring for Newcastle's reserves on Tuesday.

Barton was speaking publicly for the first time after serving 74 days in prison and a six-match ban.

He completed 75 minutes of a second string match against Middlesbrough and then said: "I'm ready for action physically.

"I'm fine and I can't wait to get going again and playing for Newcastle United again.

"It's good to blow away the cobwebs sometimes. When you come back you feel a bit sluggish, but I hope I'm back in the frame now."

Boss Joe Kinnear has already hinted that Barton could be involved against Sunderland, but he has already warned him that he must remain on the pitch.

"That's already gone through my head," Kinnear said. "I'm going to sit down with Joey and explain that to him, like you do with all players.

"I've already had a one-to-one with him. I've spoken to him about the importance of staying on the pitch for the Sunderland match."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4369190,00.html

He's right like - when playing football it is extremely important to stay on the pitch.

And also if he doesnt clear his plate he cant leave the table. Go Joe!

It is refreshing to see that we are talking about Bartons use in the team rather than the get rid agenda that the press hysteria would have us discuss.

If the journos are looking at the trend of this thread they will be panicking that we are becoming focussed and rational again and will put out a reminder back page of how evil he is.

I dont think he will be effective yet in such a big game and will need 3 or 4 games under his belt before we see the creative player he is destined at last to become for us.

He's right like - when playing football it is extremely important to stay on the pitch.

Will be a bit lonely for him at HT like, but maybe he can do a bit of groundswork as part of his community service.

Barton was very effective on the left of a midfield 3 last season.

Our best midfield is Barton, Guthrie and Jonas. Owen in the hole with Martins and Fasheobi would be nice to look at too.

Fasheobi is no Viduka, but what he lacks in finesse he might be able to compensate with movement. Worth a go.

Ronnie Gill is on a Barton fest today like..

Joey Barton vows to repay NUFC fans' faith

JOEY BARTON today broke his silence on being released from jail and vowed to repay his transfer fee to Newcastle United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/22/joey-barton-vows-to-repay-nufc-fans-faith-72703-22091511/

Barton will not lose plot again, says United boss

Oct 22 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/22/barton-will-not-lose-plot-again-says-united-boss-72703-22091213/

Keegan put his neck on the line for me: Barton

Oct 22 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/22/keegan-put-his-neck-on-the-line-for-me-barton-72703-22091217/

Agree with Chez,  would love to see:

Given

Beye Taylor Colo Bassong

Jonas Guthrie Barton

Owen

Shola Martins

Won't happen though.

No Zoggy or Duff?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm how about this if Beye cannot play

--------------Given

-----Tayl-----Colo------Bass

Jonas--------Guth----------Zoggy

-------Barton---------Duff

--------Owen-------Oba

I like Joey Barton, I like the fact he is a cunt, I like the fact everyone hates him. Hope he plays, prefer it if he game in for Butt, however Guthrie is still young, and learning the game, so it is likely he will be the one to miss out.

I think he will have a dump if he scores on a part of the pitch that may upset the Leadbitter family but thats Joey for ya.

If he starts the game,it will certainly smell like he`s had a dump on the pitch.

I think he will have a dump if he scores on a part of the pitch that may upset the Leadbitter family but thats Joey for ya.

If he starts the game,it will certainly smell like he`s had a dump on the pitch.

:lol: Was that meant to be intimidating?

Of course it'll smell like someone had a shit on the pitch, as usual the place is full of mackems.

Personally Id drop Butt and replace him with Barton but I cant see that happening as Butt was made captain the other night.

If Jonas isnt fit to start then maybe Barton will play on the right? Hopefully not...hes much more effective through the middle.

Its nice to have selection issues agian iant it, a strong 11 ont he pitch and the start of a decent bench to choose from too. Lack of match fitness will probably see Joey on the bench and Jonas too.

Our bench could look like this.

Harper

Cacapa

Enrique

Barton

Zoggy

Jonas

Owen

Guest Ice__Mag

Personally Id drop Butt and replace him with Barton but I cant see that happening as Butt was made captain the other night.

If Jonas isnt fit to start then maybe Barton will play on the right? Hopefully not...hes much more effective through the middle.

Didnt Barton start on the right wing against the mackems last year?