mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Guest The Libertine

Six months ago we rolled this lot over with ease.

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

Something doesn't make sense.

:icon_king:

Have to say, the tactics from Kinnear were shocking - he showed from the off that he was scared in that game, we have far better ball carriers than them and we did nothin but long balls.

The full backs rarely got past the half way line, let alone make any overlapping runs and zero width was offered by the wingers, ball retention in there half was none existent - we panicked on the ball and didnt spread play like we should be doing. Tired of Butts hollywood balls, games like this when he should beusing his experinecs to try and slow down play and stress the importances of ball retention, not giving away stupid cynical freekicks in dangerous positions. Guthrie was non existent.

Dont blame the strikers too much, although for me Shola is just too poor, technically i dont see one good consitent stregnth to his game, it was oly a few months ago when Stoke were turning up there noses at him, Martins probably should of tried to retain possession better but again the service to both of them was dire. Both players do better with the ball at their feet.

Colo is a good defender but i genuinely feel that his poor aerial ability is going to be a major weakness one that may hinder him too much. He desperately needs to get someone who will dominate the ball besides him, having said that his aerial ability may still get exploited on crosses.

Taylor was very poor - i dont think he's good enough at all.

For me, although the indiviudal performances were poor - i'd have to say that they were a result of JK poor terrible tactics.

Sunderland deserved their win though.

Coloccini won most of the balls in the air today, I don't know what you were watching.

Guest Heneage

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

They strengthened we didn't.

Yeah, the squad is definitely the reason why we lost this game.

Would love to compare the squads. If we're full strength today we get at least a draw. At least.

It is definitely a big part of it. Because if we hadn't had all of the problems with the squad strengthening we'd have still had our manager for a start.

My sarcasm detector might be broken, but the squad is absolutely the reason we lost this game.  We went into the season with poor options in some positions, and injuries were inevitable. 

Guest Stephen927

Missed the second half due to being at the hospital, but I came in, checked out the result on SSN and I can honestly say I am not as bothered as I thought I would be.

Would love to compare the squads. If we're full strength today we get at least a draw. At least.

I'd say atleast six of our starters today were better than the players in the opposite position, on paper.

Nowt wrong with our squad.

My sarcasm detector might be broken, but the squad is absolutely the reason we lost this game.  We went into the season with poor options in some positions, and injuries were inevitable. 

We had eleven players on the pitch today that were good enough to beat the Mackems.

It is definitely a big part of it. Because if we hadn't had all of the problems with the squad strengthening we'd have still had our manager for a start.

Keegan is as much to blame as anybody, it was his decision to go and he couldn't have done it at a worse time.

Guest Heneage

Which was his point...

Seemed like he was implying they had same team. Typical Cisse has a good game.

Everyone but Colo and Given get 5's from me, Given gets a 6 could have easily saved the second mind and Colo gets a 7.5, thought he had Cisse all over today, and was very good against Jones.

seriously?

Cisse was comfortably the best player on the pitch and our central defenders never got to grips with him. also thought diouf, malbranque and chimbonda were dangerous too, capitalising on our ineptness at full-back & central midfield.

Which was his point...

Seemed like he was implying they had same team. Typical Cisse has a good game.

Cisse has been good for them tbh and is a good player just Liverpool's rotation policy screwed him up imo.

Can't argue with thye result; they simply wanted it more. I know Cisse was heading into the area but Taylor was there & I'd question Butt's decision to foul. That's 3 goals we conceded due to Butt giving away penalties/ free kick.

What started all the bother?

Keegan is as much to blame as anybody, it was his decision to go and he couldn't have done it at a worse time.

Why? Because he never got backing by the board. Yes, he has left us in the shit, but howay man, if it all went tits up, who gets the blame? The manager that's who.

I'd say atleast six of our starters today were better than the players in the opposite position, on paper.

Some people will moan at everything, think very carefully when i ask you if keegan would of won that game?

Then, shut the fuck up. ;)

I went to West Ham in April with Rich, Dave and 2J last year and we all agreed - 4-3-3, replace Viduka, replace Taylor, replace Butt and replace Geremi and we've got a good side.

October, back to 4-4-2 and three of them are getting a game - not just as subs but as first choice - not only that but Ameobi and Duff are playing! Fucking disgusting.