mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Cant begrudge the scum that one.

They deserved all three points.

Complete role reversal of years past, one team capable of playing sharp, quick, effective attacking football and another pumping the ball down the opposite and an running around like donkeys with a slapped arse.

Dissapointing effort from the lads, effort might be harsh as they did try working hard but left their brains in the SJP dressing room.

Good to have Jonas and Barton back in the fold on few of the positive points of a gloomy miserable day.

Can i be the first to say;

1. Well done Sunderland, it's been 28 years.

2. Full praise to our boys, no lack of effort or passion from them, it just wasn't our day.

If this was a Sunderland forum and had just lost we would hear moans and groans, i don't expect it from you boys, keep your heads held high!

First half, I'll give you that. Second half, the majority of that team looked like they didn't give a shit.

Guest LucaAltieri

Think Kinnear bottled it by letting the fans decide whether Barton came on or not and once again Nicky Butt costs us a match. Absolutely gutted :(.

Nicky Butt had a good game today.

A quality freekick and shocking defending from Taylor are what cost us the match.

Guest RealGeordie

Honestly JK has a lot to answer for today, i'm not fuming with the performance but his ineptitude at the subs, he let us soak up 10 mins of pressure playing a crocked ginger t*** and Geremi, Roy f***ing Keane got it right, 60 minutes make a change, f***'s sake anyone could've seen that he should have made the changes f***ing 75 minutes in.

The Enrique sub was the worst one I've seen in months

They deserved the win tbf, far better than us.

Can't understand why Shola wasn't taken off as clearly he started to fade in the seconed half, fair play to him for getting that goal.

Enrique for Bassong? what was that all about, imo Enrique is better than Bassong but switching left backs when your 2-1 down with 5 mins to go is pretty odd.

Hope we can bulid on Barton and Jonas returning and manage to get all 3 points next game.

Can't believe what I'm reading in here! "Full of praise to our boys"? "We played well"?

Sunderland enjoyed 60 fucking percent possession in the second half, we couldn't string two passes together before Jonas and Barton came on. We were fucking shite.

Honestly JK has a lot to answer for today, i'm not fuming with the performance but his ineptitude at the subs, he let us soak up 10 mins of pressure playing a crocked ginger t*** and Geremi, Roy f***ing Keane got it right, 60 minutes make a change, f***'s sake anyone could've seen that he should have made the changes f***ing 75 minutes in.

The Enrique sub was the worst one I've seen in months

Agreed.  Either Xisco for Ameobi or Zog for Duff. 

Guest Heneage

Dave is it worth banning new members for today I can see at least one of them coming on to type their usual elequant drivel.

Think Kinnear bottled it by letting the fans decide whether Barton came on or not and once again Nicky Butt costs us a match. Absolutely gutted :(.

Nicky Butt had a good game today.

A quality freekick and shocking defending from Taylor are what cost us the match.

Our goal and best spell came when he was in the dressing room getting treatment. The first goal was a result of him being too crocked to close down Malbranque and the second his stupid tackle.

Immediate thoughts;

- Thank fuck Jonas is back.

- Ditto Barton

- We weren't embarrassed and should've worked our way to getting a point

- Great free kick to win it - no qualms.

- We would've been thanking Butt if Richardson had of spanked it over the bar

- Duff is simply awful

- Martins looks like he's carrying weight to me. He also didn't look like he gave a shit

- Colo looked solid imo

- Bassong did well.

Instead of 3 creditable draws JK's record now will be three games without a win and that's going to be telling I fear.

With a full first 11 out we would have won and that gives me much hope.

Cant begrudge the scum that one.

They deserved all three points.

Complete role reversal of years past, one team capable of playing sharp, quick, effective attacking football and another pumping the ball down the opposite and an running around like donkeys with a slapped arse.

Dissapointing effort from the lads, effort might be harsh as they did try working hard but left their brains in the SJP dressing room.

Good to have Jonas and Barton back in the fold on few of the positive points of a gloomy miserable day.

Spot on, too many unintelligent, wasted, passes, pointless long balls. The "footballing IQ" of this team is very low indeed.

Doesn't help when we are missing "clever" players like Owen.

Can't really fault the effort but you can't polish a turd and we have a few turds.

Guest Matticus

Martins was bloody awful today, Jonas and Barton did well when they came on.

Annoying result but reasonably content with a lot of the performances.   O0

Sunderland played well.

That second half performance was nothing short of shambolic, on all parts Black and White. We fought so hard in the first half, and then we just let Sunderland take over in the second. It was the game we should have went on and won, and we might have had the changes come earlier in the half.

To wait until the 73rd minute to make changes was f***ing shocking.

aye well, thank f***ing christ Geremi and Duff started ahead of N'zogbia and Gutierrez

How many f***ing times in the 2008 does our bench want to look like an assortment of our best players, it's a f***ing disgrace. Cacapa, Barton, N'zogbia, Gutierrez, Enrique got a collective 28 minutes today  :angry: