mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Think Kinnear bottled it by letting the fans decide whether Barton came on or not and once again Nicky Butt costs us a match. Absolutely gutted :(.

Nicky Butt had a good game today.

A quality freekick and shocking defending from Taylor are what cost us the match.

Nicky Butt was s**** today, along with Duff.

I swear people just pick player's names and insert them into this sentence "It was shocking defending from ******* that cost us the match".

Steven Taylor was fucking player of the year in comparison to Butt.

Guest LucaAltieri

Think Kinnear bottled it by letting the fans decide whether Barton came on or not and once again Nicky Butt costs us a match. Absolutely gutted :(.

A quality freekick and shocking defending from Taylor are what cost us the match.

Our goal and best spell came when he was in the dressing room getting treatment. The first goal was a result of him being too crocked to close down Malbranque and the second his stupid tackle.

I dislike Butt as much as anyone... I think he should be nowhere near the first team. However, today he was one of the few winning the ball for us. He stepped up while others flapped.

Implying that we scored because he wasn't on the pitch is moronic.

Implying that Butt was to blame for the second goal when Taylor was 5 yards away from the goal scorer - the man he souldn't have been marking - is just as bad.

He gave away the freekick they scored from... if he hadn't then Cisse had just walked through our defence and was one-on-one with Given.

If you want a scapegoat there are far better candidates today than Nicky Butt.

He's still s***, though.

It's not moronic. We also picked up when he was replaced by Barton. He holds the team back. It's not the first or even the second time he's done it this season either. He may have an excuse today not being fully fit, but then Kinnear should have recognised that and not started him.

Barton is a better player, agree 100%.

Butt shouldn't be in the team, agree 100%.

However the finger pointing shouldn't be in his direction based on that performance today. He didn't set the world alight but Duff, Taylor and Shola (second half) we far worse and more costly.

In spite of the disappointment, the fickleness towards Kinnear is so predictable it's funny. :lol:

Ballsed it up today but he's got us doing alright in general. Any need to jump on his back right away?

Some of our individuals let us down badly today, more so than Kinnear did.

He lost us the game on Monday and he lost us the game today as well. Said it at half time, we shouldn't be that deep, we should be taking the game to them. It's only been ten months or whatever since Allardyce left, yet I feel like he's back already. Negative tactics and just hoofing it up to Ameobi.

Sorry, it's not good enough for me.

We were too deep under Keegan as well. We lose the ball, instead of attacking the man with the ball we drop off about 20 yards and they're free to do what they want with it.

Has nobody else realised that Diouf actually fell over his own feet for the free kick they scored from?

Don't.

Don't what?, don't have eye's?  Don't have Sky Plus?  Rewind and watch it again, especially the angle were you can see Diouf from the front.  Butt sticks out a leg towards Diouf but what actually makes him fall over is his own leg clipping his own heel.

They have built a good, balanced team.  We have some good players, but not a good team. 

Butt, Guthrie & Geremi didn't look right on paper in July, and it has been just as bad this season.  Maybe Barton can step in and fix things.  But as it stands, almost every other team in the league outclasses us in central midfield. 

Given 6 - Did OK

Beye 5 - Still not at his best

Coloccini - 5 - Too shaky, but still has classy moments

Taylor - 6 - Did OK

Bassong - 5 - Gave their right side too much space.

Geremi - 5 - One good freekick otherwise anonymous

Butt - 0 - Useless waste of space. Fuck off.

Guthrie - 5 - Hid in midfield.

Duff - 5 - Better on the right than on the left.

Martins - 6 - Made the right runs and passes but let down by the ineptitude of those behind him.

Shola - 6 - Game of two halves.

Gutierrez - 6 - Good running, and now has to convince me that he is better than Dyer.

Barton - 6 - More drive, determination, and intelligence than seen from Butt.

Enrique - n/a but what is the point of the substitution, shouldhave been Zog.

Guest RealGeordie

In spite of the disappointment, the fickleness towards Kinnear is so predictable it's funny. :lol:

Ballsed it up today but he's got us doing alright in general. Any need to jump on his back right away?

Dito. After the ManShitty game everybody was talking about Kinnear's abilities to give the team some confidence and believe. Of course his subs were shite and too late, but today you just can't blame him. Blame Geremi, blame Duff, blame Taylor, blame Butt or any other cunt.

suprised at some of the comments here i thought we were fucking shite, second to every ball, every other pass awry, delivery crap, challenges feeble. the weather may have played a part but it didnt seem to effect sunderland too much and they fully deserved to win.

colo and taylor - atrocious, cisse was several classes above both of them, ran rings around them and completely dominated. couldve had a hat-trick on another day. rarely seen one striker so bamboozle two defenders. colo at least made a few good challenges but i dont remember taylor doing anything positive.

bassong was also very poor, stood off too much, similar for Beye.

guthrie - seems to alternate between classy and bright or lightweight and anonymous and today was very much the latter, total non-entity.

duff - has worked very hard in the past few games and kept the effort up today, but was no kind of threat at all.

martins and ameobi - were decent in the first half but disappeared in the 2nd just when you thought we'd kick on. created a couple of good chances but ameobi wasted them sadly. very good header for ameobi.

butt - what can you say, he still has a brain but the legs have gone and costs us another goal. however it's not all his fault, guthrie and colo shied away from challenging diouf before butt had to step in, a freekick less centrally and several yards back would be far less threatening with the strong winds, as it was, they virtually had one of those in-the-box freekicks you get for a backpass, yet could hit it direct. he was better than guthrie generally but i wish he'd never re-appeared really, barton by contrast looked a lot better than him.

Butt was left in a position where he had no choice thanks to first Geremi being a lazy cunt, and then Guthrie pussying out of the tackle and letting him run through. I don't like Butt but fair play to him, he stopped a certain goal, even though ironically they scored as a result of his actions. Geremi as a starter absolutely baffles me tbh. I'd rather we went a 4-3-3 than play him as he's absolutely useless. Crushed having to stomach a defeat to the filth like but with performances like that, it's to be expected :(

I still think Kinnear is doing a decent job, but he comes out and says he wants the job full time, well yeah but you've actually got to show you do the job, and today he looked tactically shit tbh, no creativity, just long ball after long ball to a donkey and a 5'7 striker. He made the subs 15 minutes too late, should've taken Butt off at half time too. Yeah he won the ball but he was injured so he didn't track Marlbranque for the first goal and got caught out with his foul for the second, i know he has experience but he's shit and i think Guthrie's performance suffered because of him, practically like playing with 10 men, unbelievable.

Given 6 - Did OK

Taylor - 6 - Did OK

Butt - 0 - Useless waste of space. Fuck off.

Martins - 6 - Made the right runs and passes but let down by the ineptitude of those behind him.

Gutierrez - 6 - Good running, and now has to convince me that he is better than Dyer.

Fuck sake.

I swear people just pick player's names and insert them into this sentence "It was shocking defending from ******* that cost us the match".

Steven Taylor was f***ing player of the year in comparison to Butt.

Butt should have been replaced in the first half and I thought Duff was supposed to be playing on the left, we got pissed all over on that side of the pitch for most of the game.

Guest LucaAltieri

Nicky Butt was s**** today, along with Duff.

Steven Taylor was fucking player of the year in comparison to Butt.

How was their first not Taylor's fault? That was terrible defending. He was in the middle of nowhere.

Taylor's performance today was shoddy all round. His lumping the ball forward cost us a lot of posession, the stupid handball, just generally looking shakey at every opportunity.

Given 6 - Did OK

Taylor - 6 - Did OK

Butt - 0 - Useless waste of space. f*** off.

Taylor better than Coloccini? honestly

He lost us the game on Monday and he lost us the game today as well. Said it at half time, we shouldn't be that deep, we should be taking the game to them. It's only been ten months or whatever since Allardyce left, yet I feel like he's back already. Negative tactics and just hoofing it up to Ameobi.

Sorry, it's not good enough for me.

We were too deep under Keegan as well. We lose the ball, instead of attacking the man with the ball we drop off about 20 yards and they're free to do what they want with it.

With Keegan, we tried to play football whether we were losing or winning. Under Kinnear, we try and defend the draw.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only period of this and the City game that we tried to play football was when were losing. Same applies to Everton game, though Everton were shite enough in the second half to give us a few opportunities to attack.

I thought Butt was alright aside from the free-kick, in comparison to his other performances at least.

To be fair - other than Coloccini who i thought was great again - there wasn't one individual all day that didn't let us down in one way or another, aside from the subs whom it would be unfair to criticise.

Given - 6. Couple of good saves. Martin Fulop has a more accurate goal-kick, though.

Beye - 5. Caught in space. Lost possession. Didn't push up effectively. Pretty poor.

Taylor - 5. Strong in the first half. Bramble in the second half. Constant errors.

Coloccini - 8. Did everything right, really. Dominated the air, stayed close to his markers, rushed out to make tackles yet still didn't lose possession. Quality player.

Bassong - 5. Truly lost out there.

Geremi - 6. Didn't track back and didn't supply the striekrs often enough. Nice assist, though.

Guthrie - 6. Caught in possession a lot but was atleast one outlet of supply.

Butt - 6. Just about a six, as he made some good challenges and had more fight and desire about him than most.

Duff - 5. Where was he ffs? Same as Geremi really, didn't track back and cover and didn't support the strikers.

Ameobi - 5. Nice finish and started well. Bumbled around for 80% of the game though doing very little.

Martins - 5. Gash, no movement, no desire. Begs the question of whether or not he still wants to be here. A bit heartbreaking, that one.

Guest The Libertine

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ywybmp.jpg

"Joey Barton kisses the badge infront of the Sunderland fans during the Barclays Premier League match between Sunderland and Newcastle"

What I fear the most after this game, is that the ownership situation is not sorted out before the transfer window in january. We're desperately short of class in certain areas of the pitch, and we're desperately short of a manager with some semblance of tactical nous. Call it kneejerk if you will, but the performance today tells me we're flirting with relegation.

Given 6 - Did OK

Taylor - 6 - Did OK

f*** sake.

Agreed thought he was our best player today, apart from the wind picking the ball up he was brilliant i thought.

I thought Butt was alright aside from the free-kick, in comparison to his other performances at least.

To be fair - other than Coloccini who i thought was great again - there wasn't one individual all day that didn't let us down in one way or another, aside from the subs whom it would be unfair to criticise.

Given - 6. Couple of good saves. Martin Fulop has a more accurate goal-kick, though.

Beye - 5. Caught in space. Lost possession. Didn't push up effectively. Pretty poor.

Taylor - 5. Strong in the first half. Bramble in the second half. Constant errors.

Coloccini - 8. Did everything right, really. Dominated the air, stayed close to his markers, rushed out to make tackles yet still didn't lose possession. Quality player.

Geremi - 6. Didn't track back and didn't supply the striekrs often enough. Nice assist, though.

Butt - 6. Just about a six, as he made some good challenges and had more fight and desire about him than most.

Duff - 5. Where was he ffs? Same as Geremi really, didn't track back and cover and didn't support the strikers.

Ameobi - 5. Nice finish and started well. Bumbled around for 80% of the game though doing very little.

Martins - 5. Gash, no movement, no desire. Begs the question of whether or not he still wants to be here. A bit heartbreaking, that one.

bang on with the exception of Butt who deserves a 5 at best

Guest LucaAltieri

Given 6 - Did OK

Taylor - 6 - Did OK

f*** sake.

Agreed thought he was our best player today, apart from the wind picking the ball up he was brilliant i thought.

Truth.

...but remember, always consider the source.

Guest thefishman

Spot on mate at least the unwashed women will sleep easy without domestic violence tonight!

Guest Heneage

Given -     6 No chance with either.

Beye  -     6 Still rusty but all we had

Colocinni  7 Too shakey tried to impose class but it just didn't work, really could hae done with a calm head for his first derby.

Taylor -    6  Blergh I don't even know, minutes he looked good, moments he was Pub Standard.

Bassong -6  Tried hard but hes not a Left Back, never will be you can tell in his stance.

Geremi -   4I like him, but fucking hell useless today mate.

Butt-         3 Im not one for scapegoats but him and Guthrie were just hanging on.

Guthrie    3 - Bar the yellow card usless where was the class and craft bout as. Pair of them were about as edgey as a satsuma

Duff -       4 Wear your shirt back to front maybe then you'll attack the bastards, McCartney could have done his tax return the amount of free time you gave him

Martins     5 Still rusty, just didn't look interested, too busy thinking about his Birthday bash no doubt.

Shola      6 First half it was like watching Adebayor or someone 2nd Half he went Old School

Guitierez 5 Lots of running not much else

Barton 7 - Calm class start him

Enrique 5 only on the fact he did little else bar pass.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ywybmp.jpg

"Joey Barton kisses the badge infront of the Sunderland fans during the Barclays Premier League match between Sunderland and Newcastle"

Ultimately made to look like a bit of a dick, then. What's the point in doing that, really? Incenses a little cluster of opposition fans. More of a personal battle than anything, that. I know, he's not done anything atrocious - but just, what's the point? :rolleyes: