Duff vs Dyer

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duff since he signed for us, 2 league goals and 6 assists. :lol:

I dont believe that and is two different teams.  This year Duff has been, believe or not, good.  I dont remember every saying that for Dyer he had the one or two decent games off top of my head Southampton and Leeds away.

6 assists? that can't be right

1 goal and 4 assists in his first season, he got nothing at all last season, not a single goal or assist, this season he's got 1 goal and 2 assists.

6 assists? that can't be right

1 goal and 4 assists in his first season, he got nothing at all last season, not a single goal or assist, this season he's got 1 goal and 2 assists.

Is that just in the league because he scored past Stoke in the cup replay last year.

I dont believe that and is two different teams.  This year Duff has been, believe or not, good.  I dont remember every saying that for Dyer he had the one or two decent games off top of my head Southampton and Leeds away.

Out of interest dcmk, how old are you?

21 why is that relevant?

21 why is that relevant?

Just to get an idea of how much of Dyer's career here you'd be able to remember.

What 2 assists has he got this season so far?

It looks like he was accredited with assisting an assist. :lol:  He's shared one with Martins for Shola against Man City and the other one was against Villa when it was actually Jonas who made the final pass.

21 why is that relevant?

Just to get an idea of how much of Dyer's career here you'd be able to remember.

I remember everything.. he didnt develop at all at Newcastle.

I don't think anyone can argue this, can they?  He was very poor at passing, couldnt spot a pass either, poor at shooting, besides pace and workrate he really didn't bring anything to the team.

I honestly think the SBR team carried him, especially Gary Speed.  When we played JJ and KD start of our collapse.  Both didnt do nothing.

No positional sense, he was great at defending the near post have to admit.  It's irrating that people here actually rate the guy! 

Damien Duff like it or not, has picked his form up .. he can shoot, does have a brain and can pass and cross alot better. 

21 why is that relevant?

I don't think anyone can argue this, can they?  He was very poor at passing, couldnt spot a pass either, poor at shooting, besides pace and workrate he really didn't bring anything to the team.

I honestly think the SBR team carried him, especially Gary Speed.  When we played JJ and KD start of our collapse.  Both didnt do nothing.

No positional sense, he was great at defending the near post have to admit.  It's irrating that people here actually rate the guy! 

Damien Duff like it or not, has picked his form up .. he can shoot, does have a brain and can pass and cross alot better. 

no

21 why is that relevant?

no

What do you disagree with? 

Guest LucaAltieri

When Dyer was fit he was many times the player Duff is.  But that's a big when.

If we're talking past tense then at his peak Duff was better than Dyer, hands down... obviously that will have no baring on the original question posed 6 pages back as he wasn't playing here at the time.

We're crying out for a Kieron Dyer in our team. Duff has offered nothing in his time at the club.

We've got Gutierrez. We need Shearer, Robert, Solano and Speed.

and Woodgate, Bellamy, Batty....

Point stands though, playes like Dyer and Jonas are great to have when there are decent players around them, and the pace and running on the ball of either player would help other quality players do their stuff. We don't have those players, with the exception of Owen, Colo, Barton and Beye.

Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Now? If he was fit, probably Dyer. But he's not been fit for quite a while and we've no idea how well he'd play now. He might well turn out worse than Duff is. I'd rather have Dyer at his NUFC best than Duff as he is... but on the other hand to be fair I'd probably have Duff at his pre-NUFC best than the Dyer we had. It's all about context really.

One of the most disappointing signings we've ever made. Still remember jumping up and down with joy on the 1st of september after we signed him for 5m, oh how I made fun of my Tottenham supporting mate when I heard he chose us over them. Duff was even tipped to be "Bargain Of the Season" by many media outlets...

Now I can't wait to get rid, a disgrace that we are paying  60k a week for a player that contributes so little (at least Dyer isn't on our payroll anymore).

Dyer was generally fantastic from his arrival to about 2003 where injuries and inconsistent performances kicked in. Is it any wonder we finished 3rd and 4th with the pace he, Bellamy and Robert anihilated teams with. The 4-3, and 3-1 wins over Leeds in 2001-02 were real vintage Dyer at his counter attacking best. And can anyone forget his performance at Elland Road the following year.

Duff doesn't come close to any of that man, far from Kieron's biggest fan but there's no comparison. Loved Duff at Chelsea, he's a woeful excuse for a player now. Nice guy and clearly liked by everyone at the club, but he has to go man