Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

He was s**** again yesterday and is our weak link,

Yes he is, well apart from the stikers who cant hold up the ball, or the toothless midfield

And the two centre halfs left their man on both occassions when West Ham scored.  I dont think he was that bad.  There was a lot worse on the pitch. 

Guest battyleespeed

Since we are on lookout for new LB we should bid for WBA's Paul Robinson. Could be available for around 1.5m only.  Looks to be very solid defensively and good passer. Besides those good attributes he has aggressive playing style and has no confidence issues like Enrique.

Since we are on lookout for new LB we should bid for WBA's Paul Robinson. Could be available for around 1.5m only.  Looks to be very solid defensively and good passer. Besides those good attributes he has aggressive playing style and has no confidence issues like Enrique.

A couple of weeks in our team and he would have confidence issues, especially if he misplaced a pass or fluffed a corner. Boos would be ringing out.

I know we shouldn't take these things too seriously, but not only do we have two players in the Eurosport Flops of the Season team, but according to them Enrique is the worst player in the whole of the Premier League.

FLOPS OF THE SEASON (minimum 10 starts)

GK: Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur) - 29.6 average

RB: Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Tottenham) - 28.27

CB: Andre Ooijer (Blackburn) - 28.47

CB: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle) - 28.67

LB: Jose Enrique (Newcastle) - 26.08

RM: Julien Faubert (West Ham United) - 27.67

CM: Keith Andrews (Blackburn Rovers) - 28.23

CM: Amdy Faye (Stoke City) - 27.43

LM: Chris Brunt (West Bromwich Albion) - 27.42

FW: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham Hotspur) - 26.23

FW: Dave Kitson (Stoke) - 27.2

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12012009/58/premier-league-team-week.html

Guest firetotheworks

I know we shouldn't take these things too seriously, but not only do we have two players in the Eurosport Flops of the Season team, but according to them Enrique is the worst player in the whole of the Premier League.

Yewhatandwho!? Thats preposterous! Amdy Faye's still in our League for one.

As you say these things shouldn't be taken too seriously, but Deco and Bentley also spring to mind in the flops category.

They're using some retarded rating system instead of going with logic and just stating their opinions. Kitson (no goals), Andrews (not good enough for this level), Faubert (wants out) and until recently Pavlyuchenko (only 3 in the league) is fair enough mind.

Harsh on Gomes who has improved as of late.

They're using some retarded rating system instead of going with logic and just stating their opinions. Kitson (no goals), Andrews (not good enough for this level), Faubert (wants out) and until recently Pavlyuchenko (only 3 in the league) is fair enough mind.

he's still directly at fault for more goals than any keeper in the premiership though. Despite his impressive shotstopping abilities

It's actually based on player ratings from national newspapers so the law of averages would tell you there's an element of truth in it.

Now that I look at it again I'm in two minds.  I'd find it very hard to argue against the inclusion of the non-Newcastle players in there so maybe ours deserve their place in there too.

It's actually based on player ratings from national newspapers so the law of averages would tell you there's an element of truth in it.

Now that I look at it again I'm in two minds.  I'd find it very hard to argue against the inclusion of the non-Newcastle players in there so maybe ours deserve their place in there too.

No, my point is that it doesn't really represent the "now" to a totally fair degree. Yes some of those players have been "flops" this season but it's not truly accurate as players like Bentley are missing on it.

I know both have had problems but that is far too harsh on Colo and Enrique in my opinion. By some degree.

what a joke list

i agree that jose lacks in the passing department, but A LOT of that is because of our static and crap centre midfield. at times against the hammers he had very few options. having said that, he does need to work on his passing... if he does i still think he could come good.

I see some people are not down with that list, to me the other 9 names seem bang on so I am not sure why people think the Newcastle players on it are wrong.

The problem is that there are players who really deserve to be on that list but aren't.

I see some people are not down with that list, to me the other 9 names seem bang on so I am not sure why people think the Newcastle players on it are wrong.

because we have eyes..

I'm sure Taylor has more than 10 games this season and he certainly hasn't performed better than Colo..

as for Enrique, he's a tougher bastard than he looks.. he's been as solid as Beye and Bassong defensively and that's good enough for me

Yes, it's hard to argue with how the list was put together tbh, unless you think the majority of sports writers have a grudge against Newcastle defenders compared to every other team in the league.

The table is misnamed as it's not really "flops" (ie players who have done worse than expected) but simply the players who have come out with the worst average marks in each position. So as for the players people are mentioning who they think should be on the list, are they the worst in their position in the league? Definitely not.

The problem is that there are players who really deserve to be on that list but aren't.

Aye. Taylor if he played more games. Butt.

And that's just the ones from us.

And that's just the ones from us.

At the same time I don't disagree with players currently from our team on there. Maybe there should be more W.B.A players on it though!

Interestingly, according to the bonus marks in the Fantasy Footy*, Butt has been one of the best 3 players in the game for 6 of our league games this season, and was MotM for 2 (Man City & Spurs).

???

* Player performance is assessed by Press Association analysts, all of whom are ex-professional footballers, who attend each match. This assessment takes into account the quality of a player's overall performance and their contribution to the match result.