Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Enrique: NUFC need to Bag points

Feb 6 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jose Enrique

JOSE ENRIQUE knows that the only way to ease the doom and gloom on Tyneside is to put West Brom to the sword tomorrow.

The Spaniard admits that it’s impossible to escape the feeling of distress in Newcastle at the moment, with the club deep in the mire and heading for the Championship unless the Magpies can revive their fortunes.

But the £6m left-back feels that should United emerge victorious from their crunch clash at The Hawthorns, they can use it as a launchpad for safety.

Enrique told the Chronicle: “I worry like everybody else does – but I am in a position to do something about it.

“Three or four games with some wins, though, can help this team.

“We need to pick up three points in games, not one.

“West Brom is very important because there are some tough games ahead after that.”

Enrique and close pal Jonas Gutierrez were two of the star performers against Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear derby.

However, despite clawing a point out of the game at St James’s Park, Enrique says it was a bitter-sweet experience.

He said: “We should have beaten Sunderland.

“But we took one point in the end.

“We knew we could not lose because of what it means to the fans.”

Yet United must fight on with out former Real Mallorca ace Jonas, who missed the game through suspension.

The ex-Villarreal star went on: “It’s going to be a miss not to have Jonas in the team as he is playing very well.

“But we must battle on without his services.

“Now, though, we must look to somebody else to put in a similar effort against West Brom.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/06/enrique-nufc-need-to-bag-points-72703-22870459/

Guest neesy111

what kinnear said to him at half-time is bang out of order and show's he hasn't got a clue at all

enrique i thought did better first half although his overall performance was more promising across both half's

may it continue

just found the article.  "I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you."

unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. He was our best player in the first half you demented old cunt

:harry:

This guy having a contract on the table is torture.

Guest toonbaz

an article in the chronicle yesterday was suggesting enrique might be the one to make way for taylor, would be typical of this club to play a centre half at right back and our right back at left back.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

What motivation there from Joe.

Think Kinnear is spot on there. Never overlaps and tends to just sit behind Jonas and either give it to him or pass it inside, would like to see him try and drive to the byline with the ball a bit more, even Taylor does that on the right. Nice to see people in this thread cutting out the bit where JK said he thought he was exceptional second half and just chose to highlight the negative bit. Good show lads. :thup:

Think Kinnear is spot on there. Never overlaps and tends to just sit behind Jonas and either give it to him or pass it inside, would like to see him try and drive to the byline with the ball a bit more, even Taylor does that on the right. Nice to see people in this thread cutting out the bit where JK said he thought he was exceptional second half and just chose to highlight the negative bit. Good show lads. :thup:

Why isn't he criticizing the real shit at the club? Or better still just dropping them?

Why isn't he criticizing the real shit at the club? Or better still just dropping them?

Probably cos it's harder to criticize British players who are pretty well established, that's not an excuse I just think those type of players are basically exempt due to what they have done already in their career. Plus there's fuck all to drop them for atm.

he singled out Enrique for criticism yet again despite the fact he was probably our best player after Bassong. The remarks about him improving in the second half are as self-appreciative as owt else tbh

Who can he drop them for?

Why isn't he criticizing the real s*** at the club? Or better still just dropping them?

you cant honestly tell me that Xisco wouldn't have done a better job than Ameobi on Sunday, no matter how off the pace he is.

Over the course the season N'zogbia was generally benched behind Duff and when Barton was fit, Butt kept his place ahead of Guthrie.

Baffling tbh

Why isn't he criticizing the real s*** at the club? Or better still just dropping them?

you cant honestly tell me that Xisco wouldn't have done a better job than Ameobi on Sunday, no matter how off the pace he is.

Over the course the season N'zogbia was generally benched behind Duff and when Barton was fit, Butt kept his place ahead of Guthrie.

Baffling tbh

Kinnear played Ameobi even when he wasn't 100% fit.  I'm beginning to believe the rumour that if Xisco makes another first team appearance we have to pay a sum of money.  Either that or he is an abysmal player in training.  When Smith is back, we won't hear of Xisco ever again tbh.

Duff can go for Lua Lua for a start and Xisco's sat on his arse while Shola's loping around offering nowt.

If Kinnnear had the balls to speak about his favourites the same way he does about the easy targets like Xisco and Enrique I'd have some respect for him. Shay wanted out hasn't been shy to criticise the club, yet JK was kissing his arse even when Given was motoring down the M62 to Manchester, but he had plenty to say about "Insomnia". Kinnear reminds me of Roeder in that respect, tip-toeing around the senior pros and taking it out on the younger guys.

Baffling tbh

Kinnear played Ameobi even when he wasn't 100% fit.  I'm beginning to believe the rumour that if Xisco makes another first team appearance we have to pay a sum of money.  Either that or he is an abysmal player in training.  When Smith is back, we won't hear of Xisco ever again tbh.

Aye well I think Xisco is out of the equation for sure. Maybe Lua Lua could be given a run out instead of Duff but to throw him straight into the derby would be a bit crazy imo.

Baffling tbh

Aye well I think Xisco is out of the equation for sure. Maybe Lua Lua could be given a run out instead of Duff but to throw him straight into the derby would be a bit crazy imo.

He is out of the equation but that doesn't make it right. I'm not on about the derby either, I'm talking about every game. Should have happened months ago.

Baffling tbh

Why has Xisco been out of the equation so much though? In his brief appearances he's genereally had a few attempts on goal, even in the one game Joe was forced to start him he cracked one shot on the half volley that could easily have flew into the net.