Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Ex-pro's and our managers all rave about Butt. Maybe it's just our fans who hate him.

They only seem to see him make decent tackles, when in all probability it was he who gave the ball away in the first place. He seems to get a lot of support from the SJP crowd in the same way.

Ex-pro's and our managers all rave about Butt. Maybe it's just our fans who hate him.

If he's half decent you'd think other managers would be after him, rather than poaching our 'bad' players like Zog. Stats mean fuck all in these situations because Butt doesn't operate in the danger areas where risks have to be taken. It's a lot tougher for wide players or attackers to pass accurately because they are usually trying to make forward passes although Damien Duff is an exception to the rule.

• 3 weeks later...

"Tyne-Wear derby big as Barca-Real' - Jose

JOSE Enrique says Newcastle United's foreign legion know exactly what tomorrow's Tyne-Wear derby means to the club's fans.

And the defender has compared the fixture to El Clasico between Barcelona and Real Madrid in his native Spain.

"It's a huge game for me and for the whole city of Newcastle," said Enrique.

"I didn't need to be told how big it was. I know from last season how big this game is and what it means for the Geordie people.

"Last year is a typical example, because after the game I had to wait in the stadium for nearly two hours when the fans went crazy in the city afterwards.

"So for these people, that shows how important it is. It's exactly like the Real Madrid-Barcelona game in La Liga.

"I would say it is almost an equivalent in England, because the whole city will wait to see what the result is and it affects people's lives."

Enrique was a substitute in Newcastle's defeat at the Stadium of Light earlier in the season, with the game – United's first loss on Wearside since 1980 – being marred by a pitch invasion and fighting between both sets of supporters at the final whistle.

He went on: "We know what happened last time and we weren't happy about it. Now we have to inflict some revenge

"Hopefully, it will be our fans who are celebrating at the end this time.

"You only have to look at our position in the Premier League. We need to win this game to get out of the relegation area.

"There are two reasons to win for local pride and of course to climb away from danger."

I like Enrique, he comes across as a decent lad. He has the ability, he just needs to work on it a bit more.

Spot on, be a shame to sell him. He has bags of potential.

he has to start turning the potential into talent. after a good initial season he's largely diappointed so far this.

I like Enrique, he comes across as a decent lad. He has the ability, he just needs to work on it a bit more.

he has to start turning the potential into talent. after a good initial season he's largely diappointed so far this.

when he signed for us he said that he dosen't think he will need too much time to settle into english football because he believes his game is already suitable for it.

Hmmm....

Its very easy to slag him off but ffs players need time and we dont give players time here .

I think it's the fact that after all the shit he's got with comments from JK etc. he's stuck to it and tried his best to get in the team.

It's this kind of thing that seperates him from the sulkers like Luque and Insomnia.

When he plays well he plays really well. Very accomplished. He has some poor games but people should remember he is young and this is his first season in a new league, a very different league to La Liga. I think he's going to be an excellent left back.

The couple of tricks he did when attacking their corner :lol:

:lol: That was brilliant. He held onto the ball for like a minute, looked like he was going to lose it then turned past two defenders and played in Jonas.