Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Aye, Enrique was great today. Loved it when he did that 'Maradona' walk on the ball trick in the first half to dick two mackem defenders and lay it off to Jonas

Guest JamesyJazz

Enrique was class today.His link up play and obvious understanding that he's developing with Jonas is really starting to come to shine.

He deserves a massive pat on the back for riding out some very undeserved critisism and barracking from our support.

If he had been in a Manure shirt the media would be hailing him as the next best thing since sliced bread.They won't tho 'cos he's ours and the media want us down.

We have the makings of a decent defence here,what we do need though is a more robust midfield and a couple of shit hot injury free strikers.

Anyone got a gif of that spin he did ?

I aint but god damn I want it.

Perhaps Kinnear slating him has given him the kick up the arse he seemed to need?

I have been impressed with his attitude and performances recently.  He seems as if he wants to prove himself and I hope to god we keep him on and develop him.   

Enrique was class today.His link up play and obvious understanding that he's developing with Jonas is really starting to come to shine.

He deserves a massive pat on the back for riding out some very undeserved critisism and barracking from our support.

Not to mention our clueless manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was immense yesterday, a beast. Especially in the first half. In the second half he didn't do too much. Poor delivery and indecision when it comes to going past Jonas to drag markers away or to create an option for a pass lets him down. Best outfield player yesterday alongside Bassong and Taylor I thought.

Not yet that comfortable in forward positions, but maybe being told to be cautious as well... we obviously didn't want to get exposed at the back yesterday.

I can't for the life of me understand anyone saying we need to buy a LB to replace Enrique, the kid is quality and should be allowed to get better.

If :kinnear: is really trying to sell him it's an excellent example of why managers shouldn't always be allowed full control over transfers!

Guest The Libertine

Not to mention our clueless manager.

all 3 managers haven't really rated him for some reason.

I said in another thread :-

"In fact I thought our 3 Spanish speaking players (and a certain Frenchman) played with an attitude yesterday that couldn't have been better if they'd been born and bred on Tyneside"

I think Enrique has shown good character, he's a proper left back and we need a proper left back

Was fantastic yesterday. Defensively he was awesome, not so great going forward but I can live with that if he's so solid at the back. I really don't know what he's done to annoy Kinnear but if one of them has to go then I pray to god it's not Enrique.

fuckin s**** crosses mind, FUCKIN s****...but had an excellent game that aside...hope he's not sold before JFK is ran out the club and the next guy puts some faith in him

except for the great cross in the first half when Carrol hit the crossbar,right? :smug:

fuckin s**** crosses mind, FUCKIN s****...but had an excellent game that aside...hope he's not sold before JFK is ran out the club and the next guy puts some faith in him

except for the great cross in the first half when Carrol hit the crossbar,right? :smug:

yeah, except for that one ;)

yeah, except for that one ;)

His crossing was poor in the second half, thought it was pretty decent first half though.

He did a superb Maradona turn yesterday :smitten:

Does noone have a gif of it or anything?  I missed it.

Was that the one when there were about 5 mackem players trying to get the ball off him and Jonas in the corner and couldn't get anywhere near.

He's played three excellent halves of football consecutively. That is not to say he hasn't played well on other occasions but that he needs to be consistent and imo consistently selected.

Guest firetotheworks

how can people have a go at enrique's crosses when Jonas is 10x worse at them and he is supposed to be a winger

Because two wrongs dont make a right.