Will JFK be away after Chelsea?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought he would be at the club until Christmas, but after the article by Rob Lee(quoted in the Telegraph today), I'm not so sure...

It depends how much Ashley wants to patch up the rift with fans, and whether he CAN sell the club before Christmas - I said a few weeks ago that Shearer coming in as manager, with Rob Lee as No 2 couldn't be ruled out if the club was sold. I now believe that this COULD happen under the existing ownership, because all parties can see how serious the club's situation is becoming - it benefits nobody to have the club relegated and Ashley must know he will lose a packet if that happens.

Shearer's appointment is now probably the club's best hope of escaping the drop, as he WOULD be able to attract any decent players available in the Jan window, although it will still be a huge task for him if we are in the bottom 3 by then. We will find out if Ashley has any chance of selling very soon, because I suspect that he would avoid having to back down over his management structure by appointing a manager who would insist on total control of transfers - as Shearer most certainly will...IF Ashley starts negotiating with Shearer soon, we know he is NOT going to be able to sell.

"Unfortunately" he'll still be here, etc etc.

Which tends to infer there's a more fortunate, a more positive option that is avaliable?

So we're not allowed to be disappointed, just cos there's no alternatives? Don't think it's owt to do with what tou say there, really. He's a f***ing w*** manager and we're gonna struggle constantly whilst he's here. So it's pretty unfortunate that he's gonna be sat in that dugout for a while, in fairness.

To me, "unfortunate" infers there is a better alternative. But we'll agree to disagree.

What I'm getting at is relegation is a very real threat. None of this "oh, we'll get a few wins here and there and we'll be fine" bollocks. Things need to improve.

Not that I wish it upon the club. I sincerely hope Newcastle get out of this situation and move forward.

I can't see how Shearer would want the job under the current set-up.  It would require Ashley to make a complete U-turn on the issue that KK resigned over.  If Ashley can't or won't sell, it seems more likely to me JFK will stay to the end of the season or we'll end up with someone like O'Leary, George Graham or maybe even Terry Venables on a 3 year deal.  I fear for the future  :no:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Duff dosnt want him to go. Suprise su-fukin-prise

Damien Duff has told skysports.com he would 'love' to see Joe Kinnear handed the Newcastle United managerial job on a full-time basis.

Kinnear is currently interim boss at St James' Park after his shock appointment in September following the departure of Kevin Keegan.

Keegan's exit was followed by unrest from the Tyneside faithful and led to pressure on owner Mike Ashley, who is now looking to sell.

Reports on Tuesday have linked Magpies legend Alan Shearer with a permanent role following comments from his former England and Newcastle team-mate Rob Lee.

But Duff is backing Kinnear, who has won two of his seven games in charge, after explaining the ex-Wimbledon chief has steadied the troubled club.

Resolution

Speaking at an adiPure photo shoot, Duff told skysports.com: "From a football point of view I think we have done that [found stability] at the minute with Joe coming in. He has steadied the ship.

"We have got some good results under him. He has done well. But obviously from the top, the owner is trying to sell the club so hopefully we can get that resolved sooner rather than later.

"He has done what he has in a quiet way. He hasn't really come in shouting from the rooftops. He is someone to answer to. You need that in every line of work. I think the results have shown his impact.

"Definitely (the players have taken to him), yes. I would love to see him get the job. We'll see I suppose over the next coming weeks or months."

Guest Darth Toon

"He has done what he has in a quiet way. He hasn't really come in shouting from the rooftops.

Aye course he hasnt

Aye, try telling that to Simon Bird!

I think Kinnear as an interim manager has done a decent job, but the thought of him selling the foreign players and bringing in bargain basement Championship players with the loot terrifies me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are decent players in the lower leagues but JFK's not exactly Arsene Wenger when it comes to spotting talent, or making the most of what he's got already.

Wouldnt be suprised to see him take the watford job if they offer him it, especially if the press keep pushing the shearer rumors (true or not). i doubt anyone upstairs has given him much info, thats if they talk to him at all. could well find ourselves back to hughton and the sale falling through or worse dragging on past january.

In answer to the thread question, it's not looking likely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1088062/Joe-Kinnears-job-hopes-rise-Ashley-talks-called-Newcastle.html

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has postponed his showdown meeting with stand-in manager Joe Kinnear, increasing the chances of the one-time Wimbledon boss being handed the job permanently.

Kinnear has maintained that the billionaire owner would hold talks over his future after tomorrow's clash at Chelsea, but the meeting has now been put on hold.

Kinnear wants the St James' Park job permanently so he can sort the futures of Michael Owen and Nicky Butt and add to the squad.

Kinnear said: 'I always said it would be after the Chelsea game, but the goalposts have moved since then. Every time the club get nearer to being sold a problem pops up.

'It's frustrating but it's the same line, "We've got people buying it but we haven't seen the cash".'

Kinnear has two major loan signings arranged for January and he is making plans to stay beyond the transfer window

But as Ashley's sale of the club drags on, doubts remain about Kinnear's targets compared to those of football director Dennis Wise.

Kinnear said: 'I am one step ahead, I have already drawn up a hit-list but whether I get to implement it I'm not sure. There's no point in being here unless I make an effort to bring new players in.

'When I see Mike I will explain what needs to be done. If it's not a financial thing, we've got to pay decent money for top-of-the-range loans, like a couple of million for someone who is very special, until the end of the season. I have got to get that message across.'

I had a feeling this would happen. I'll be absolutely gutted if this ends up being the case. Proof if ever that Wise has too big a say over transfers. Note the underlined - I can't believe we're now considering extending Butt's contract. I think Kinnear will be here for as long as Ashley is.

Guest Darth Toon

I think Kinnear will be here for as long as Ashley is.

That was always going to be the case though wasn't it? No decent manager will take the job knowing they'll likely be out as soon as new owners come in.

Of more concern to me is this steadily rolling deadline, which leads me to doubt whether we'll be sold at all. The longer this drags on, the more relegation becomes a real possibility.

I think Kinnear will be here for as long as Ashley is.

That was always going to be the case though wasn't it? No decent manager will take the job knowing they'll likely be out as soon as new owners come in.

Of more concern to me is this steadily rolling deadline, which leads me to doubt whether we'll be sold at all. The longer this drags on, the more relegation becomes a real possibility.

If we're not sold before the end of the January transfer window, I don't think we will be at all. No new owner is going to risk shelling out £250 million for a club that could potentially be in the Championship come next season. This has to be something that Ashley realises too. If takeover talks have indeed stalled, he has to take stock, sit down with all concerned and see what the absolute minimum requirement would be in order to make a damned good attempt at avoiding relegation. If that means throwing shitloads of money at a more capable interim manager then so be it.

My own personal feeling is that in order to preserve his investment, Ashley has to ensure that the correct structure is in place to preserve premiership status. This will likely involve taking the club off the market, either backing Kinnear to the hilt in terms of investment, or bringing in someone on a 2 year deal with the promise of a good bit of cash to spend in January, because if he doesn't we'll go down no doubt about it.

Just from listening to him, I don't think even Kinnear would stand for Wises's meddling in transfer dealings, so we may even find ourselves in the position come January where the interim manager walks out for the self same reason as Keegan.

The only other possibility is that Ashley has hated us from the start, and wants us to go down in total ruin so he can have a laugh with his mates, and isn't too arsed at the prospect of losing a few quid. Because if we go down I could quite easily see him refinance the debt within the club, getting his £100m or so back from that and selling us to some twat for a tenner!!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

'Mikes going to have to realise that to get top players on loan you need to a couple of million. I have lined up 2 top class loan players worth £10 million each and they are not in their sides' JFK - Times

'Mikes going to have to realise that to get top players on loan you need to a couple of million. I have lined up 2 top class loan players worth £10 million each and they are not in their sides' JFK - Times

A bigger version of that story in the Mirror - ending with the quote 'It doesn't matter what I do, I end up with a kick in the bollocks'.

Crap with substitutions, great with words

A bigger version of that story in the Mirror - ending with the quote 'It doesn't matter what I do, I end up with a kick in the bollocks'.

Crap with substitutions, great with words

A few weeks ago, JK was talking about selling Spaniards and bringing in replacements from the lower leagues, now he's tying up loan deals for £10m players on loan.  :laugh2: