LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Newcastle v Arsenal (12.30pm, Sun, Sky Sports 1)

This will be a very good game between two bang in-form teams.

I always say if Newcastle can get their best eleven players out on the pitch they will give anybody a football match. They've got players who can get in top six teams and there are not many teams outside the top six who can say that.

Their win at Tottenham was probably their worst performance of the season and they could have been beaten by six or seven, but Tim Krul had one of those games and since then Alan Pardew has got all his players fit and flying along. They've been brilliant and won seven of their last nine.

So, this is a hard, hard game for Arsenal. If they come out of this with a win then that's massive for their title credentials. A draw with Chelsea and win at West Ham means they are back on track after losing to City, though, and I think they will just edge this one, too.

Merson keeps mentioning the Spurs game. Fairly sure it was the last time he saw us :lol:

:lol:  All of our players are getting into a top 6 team.

West Brom v Newcastle

Under caretaker boss Keith Downing, West Brom have drawn with Hull, Tottenham and West Ham

West Brom's search for a new manager goes on. The Baggies say they are taking their time and making sure they appoint the right man but that always suggests to me that, actually, they are not sure who to get.

In the meantime, caretaker boss Keith Downing stays in charge, after drawing all three of his games so far.

It's not a shock that Downing has done ok, though, because this is still Steve Clarke's team and Downing was a part of it when he was Clarke's assistant.

Newcastle have been in great form and were unlucky not to get anything out of their defeat by Arsenal on Sunday.

The Baggies still have not won since they sacked Clarke on 14 December and that winless run goes back nine league games to the start of November, but I have a feeling their long wait for a victory will finally end here.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Steve's prediction: An entertaining romp in store at the Hawthorns with the points shared. 2-2

The man is an embarrassment. He literally mustn't watch any matches, dismiss form, performance, injuries, tactics, and bases everything solely on his deluded opinion. Anyone of us football fans can tell that Fulham, West Brom, and Norwich haven't warranted the wins Lawro has gave them to think they are worthy of a top 12 place. They have had one off good performances, which must be the only games he has bothered watching. I'm sick of people like him getting paid to review a sport they know nothing about.

West Brom v Newcastle

Under caretaker boss Keith Downing, West Brom have drawn with Hull, Tottenham and West Ham

West Brom's search for a new manager goes on. The Baggies say they are taking their time and making sure they appoint the right man but that always suggests to me that, actually, they are not sure who to get.

In the meantime, caretaker boss Keith Downing stays in charge, after drawing all three of his games so far.

It's not a shock that Downing has done ok, though, because this is still Steve Clarke's team and Downing was a part of it when he was Clarke's assistant.

Newcastle have been in great form and were unlucky not to get anything out of their defeat by Arsenal on Sunday.

The Baggies still have not won since they sacked Clarke on 14 December and that winless run goes back nine league games to the start of November, but I have a feeling their long wait for a victory will finally end here.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Steve's prediction: An entertaining romp in store at the Hawthorns with the points shared. 2-2

What a guy. :rose:

The blokes a fraud, how he has still got a job fuck knows.

It's not even as if he's likeable.

I think his thatched cottage haircut means he is classed as a grade 1 listed building, we aren't allowed to tear him down :(

I might have giggsed this before but he done the presentation at Skegness a few years ago when my youngin played a tournament there.  The first words out of his mouth were 'stick in at school boys cos you're not going to be footballers' . Lovely, just what a load of 8 year olds wanna hear.  Turd of a bloke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Norwich v Newcastle

Norwich beat Hull in their last Premier League game but that will not change Chris Hughton's situation as Canaries boss. It is the same as it has been all season in that, every time he loses a game, he is supposedly on the brink of being sacked.

I am backing him to pick up a point here, though, so the next so-called crisis will have to wait.

The other story of Newcastle's week is probably going to be what happens in the remainder of the transfer window before it shuts on Friday.

Paris St Germain reportedly came in with a £14m bid for Magpies midfielder Yohan Cabaye over the weekend and they do not strike me as the sort of club that will walk away from a deal like that with the wealth that they have.

I would be very surprised if PSG do not secure Cabaye by the end of the week. They might end up paying nearer £20m but, if they want Cabaye, I would expect them to get him.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Gail's prediction: My dad is a huge Norwich fan so I will annoy him with a prediction of anything but a home win.

I'll have to avoid him for a few weeks because Alan Pardew is having a brilliant season at Newcastle after being one of the favourites for the sack at the start of the season. 1-2