LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

First came across he arrogant, biased, unenthusiastic punditry on sky in the early days when it was called Sports Saturday. 

Nobody could have predicted a transfer, apparent promotion at the time, to the BBC and a near 30years stay.

Coincidentally soccer Saturday got really good and football focus turned to mush round about then.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Never, ever forgive us for ending his ludicrous payday as defensive coach.  Having to listen to the entitled prick be bored by his own job was horrendous; he sounded like Les Dennis’s Mavis Reilly reading the phone book out loud.  The BBC have a lot to answer for on that one.  Liverpool old boys club. 

• 1 year later...
44 minutes ago, Disco said:

Been crying about minorities being allowed on the TV again. 

I watched that particularly odious and ignorant interview, well as much as I could stomach before I would have thrown my phone at a wall in a Lawro induced rage. In it he blamed his contract not being renewed because he is old and white.  What he can't see is that he had a job as a BBC pundit straight after retiring as a player and held it until almost the retirement age. Him not getting his contract renewed is a natural changing of the guard that happens all the time in TV especially as there are lots of people who want to do the job who resonate with the audience more than an old guy who an increasingly large chunk of the audience never even saw play.  Also what he can't see is that if pundits before him had gone on as long as he did he wouldn't have had a job in the first place and that's not even addressing the fact that he was wilfully ignorant and had a very tiresome one a note "proto-banter" of being a sarcastic misery guts. For years. God I despised him. But yeah it's the Woke agenda Lawro. You matter that much. You fecking bell.

4 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I watched that particularly odious and ignorant interview, well as much as I could stomach before I would have thrown my phone at a wall in a Lawro induced rage. In it he blamed his contract not being renewed because he is old and white.  What he can't see is that he had a job as a BBC pundit straight after retiring as a player and held it until almost the retirement age. Him not getting his contract renewed is a natural changing of the guard that happens all the time in TV especially as there are lots of people who want to do the job who resonate with the audience more than an old guy who an increasingly large chunk of the audience never even saw play.  Also what he can't see is that if pundits before him had gone on as long as he did he wouldn't have had a job in the first place and that's not even addressing the fact that he was wilfully ignorant and had a very tiresome one a note "proto-banter" of being a sarcastic misery guts. For years. God I despised him. But yeah it's the Woke agenda Lawro. You matter that much. You fecking bell.

Someone hoy a pie at the cunt. 

He was a rank pundit in an era in which his competition was Andy fucking Gray and that horrible wanker Keys. Rode the BBC gravy train churning out utter shit in that column of his on a weekly basis for years.

He should be kissing the feet of the BBC for giving him a living for so long.

13 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He was a rank pundit in an era in which his competition was Andy fucking Gray and that horrible wanker Keys. Rode the BBC gravy train churning out utter shit in that column of his on a weekly basis for years.

He should be kissing the feet of the BBC for giving him a living for so long.

Heard him clearly pissed at the South Africa World Cup for five live complaining about the Chardonnay. What an absolute wanker. 

He always had it in for us. Am guessing he had some nasty pranks played on him which was sort of customary in the dressing room at the time, he was a defensive coach circa 95 iirc?

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We really ought to get help for Garth [emoji38]

Agreed, his team of the week column is a weekly cry for help. I certainly want to cry after reading the terrible prose and tiresome paraphrasing of lines even your grandad is sick to fuck of.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

He always had it in for us. Am guessing he had some nasty pranks played on him which was sort of customary in the dressing room at the time, he was a defensive coach circa 95 iirc?

We fired him from the best-paid job he’d ever had in football and never forgave us for it

I’ve always thought he was a creep - and he’d spend his entire time as a commentator with an attitude that he’d rather be anywhere but at the game he was commentating on.  Him coming out as an ‘anti-woke’ bore simply cements his place as a wanker of the first order for me 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

His whinging made even more stupid by the fact that the BBC’s main football presenter, and highest paid employee, is a 63 year old white male.

Edited by SteV