LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

True. Still somewhat amusing though.

Why not just have him make predictions based on the little to no knowledge of football he has? Obviously the BBC aren't hiding the fact he knows nothing or they wouldn't have uploaded this video. It makes you wonder how many of the other 'celebrities' who do predictions actually come up with the predictions themselves.

Newcastle v Stoke

Speaking of form teams, Newcastle have put themselves in a great position at the top end of the table and, the way they are playing, I am going to have to go for another Magpies win here, which would be their sixth in a row.

I was talking to their manager Alan Pardew this week and I asked him if he'd surprised himself. He just said "the players have been great" and he is dead right.

The way Pardew plays, with his 4-3-3 formation, totally suits the players he has got. It's a perfect fit.

I like their attitude too. Papiss Cisse has quite rightly got lots of publicity recently but Demba Ba has been great for them because he has moved out wide to the left to make room for Cisse and he has just got on with it.

Ba could have had a hissy fit and complained that he had been playing in the centre - and scoring goals - until Cisse arrived but he didn't do that and, in general, it seems the spirit in their squad is spot on.

They have got great belief and you have to say that, on their day, their front three of Hatem Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba is as good as most in the top flight.

Stoke's season has petered out a bit, but it has still been a good one for them. They are safe yet again and have had some European experience, which Tony Pulis and his side will build on.

Prediction: 2-0

Think that's the most Lawrenson has ever written about us :laugh:

Newcastle v Stoke

Speaking of form teams, Newcastle have put themselves in a great position at the top end of the table and, the way they are playing, I am going to have to go for another Magpies win here, which would be their sixth in a row.

I was talking to their manager Alan Pardew this week and I asked him if he'd surprised himself. He just said "the players have been great" and he is dead right.

The way Pardew plays, with his 4-3-3 formation, totally suits the players he has got. It's a perfect fit.

I like their attitude too. Papiss Cisse has quite rightly got lots of publicity recently but Demba Ba has been great for them because he has moved out wide to the left to make room for Cisse and he has just got on with it.

Ba could have had a hissy fit and complained that he had been playing in the centre - and scoring goals - until Cisse arrived but he didn't do that and, in general, it seems the spirit in their squad is spot on.

They have got great belief and you have to say that, on their day, their front three of Hatem Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba is as good as most in the top flight.

Stoke's season has petered out a bit, but it has still been a good one for them. They are safe yet again and have had some European experience, which Tony Pulis and his side will build on.

Sounds like Pardew worked the old charm on lolro

Pards :smug:

Anyone else tickled by this comment? It's such a pointless, boring, lazy and utterly empty sentence. Befitting of Lawro. :lol:

Newcastle v Stoke

I like the fact it's all about us, apart from the last bit which reads like an afterthought.. "and umm... something, something stoke." :lol:

Anyone else tickled by this comment? It's such a pointless, boring, lazy and utterly empty sentence. Befitting of Lawro. :lol:

Tickled isn't the word I would use but I know what you mean.

And Ba wasn't that far of having a hissy fit it seems, fortunately it didn't last long. Fingers crossed.

:lol:

Newcastle v Stoke

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0

I expect Newcastle to be sitting in the top four at the end of the weekend. They're on an unbelievable roll, Stoke aren't great away from home and I see them winning this game 2-0 to keep their run going. Champions League football should be in their hands at the end of the weekend and even though they've got some stinking fixtures coming up, that's all you can ask for.

Newcastle v Stoke

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0

I expect Newcastle to be sitting in the top four at the end of the weekend. They're on an unbelievable roll, Stoke aren't great away from home and I see them winning this game 2-0 to keep their run going. Champions League football should be in their hands at the end of the weekend and even though they've got some stinking fixtures coming up, that's all you can ask for.

Paul knows the score..  :pow:

Newcastle v Stoke

Unless you're at home to Bolton

Up against Clive Woodward this week (who reckons 1-1 in our game).

And here's Lawrenson's prediction:

Wigan v Newcastle

This is an interesting game because, with six wins on the bounce, Newcastle are undoubtedly the Premier League's form team.

They look like a Champions League side at the moment, and although their run has to end at some point, they have hit their stride at exactly the right time and they are playing like they think they can beat whoever they are up against.

The Magpies have benefited from being able to play their front three of Papiss Demba Cisse, Demba Ba and Hatem Ben Arfa in all six of those games, and you can see why Alan Pardew's men are playing with a swagger right now because they are creating stacks of chances.

They get goals from everywhere and, even if they are under a bit of pressure at the DW Stadium, they can break so quickly because those front three players are like lightning.

Wigan were on a really good run themselves until their defeat by Fulham last weekend but, because they have struggled for so much of the season, the suspicion with them is that slip-up might be the start of another poor run.

Prediction: 1-2