LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Did anyone pick up on Lawrensons terrible joke during the Germany v Italy game yesterday?

Camera pans in on female German Supporter crying. Commentator 1 says "look at that poor German supporter"  Lawrenson replies "You don't know that, she might be rich! :boomboom:  :facepalm: :tumbleweed:

You are taking the piss!  If a 3 year old child made that joke to me I'd tell him to stop being a fucking moron and grow up.  Jesus!

Hold on a second. I know my Partiridge season 1. What am I forgetting?

Tony Hayers dies, Chris Feather takes over and offers him a 5-year contract and even takes advice from Alan on who to bin etc. before he pops his clogs.

"Let's have a bottle of Bolly!"

"No, sod that, let's get some champagne!"

Guest firetotheworks

Ah yes! 'Oh no, yer dead!' etc.

I really need to reaquaint myself with series 1 like.

Did anyone pick up on Lawrensons terrible joke during the Germany v Italy game yesterday?

Camera pans in on female German Supporter crying. Commentator 1 says "look at that poor German supporter"  Lawrenson replies "You don't know that, she might be rich! :boomboom:  :facepalm: :tumbleweed:

I heard this particular quip a little differently, and interpreted it a bit more sinisterly.

I thought the commentator said 'poor girl' then Lawro said 'she might be rich' - intimating that she certainly wasnt' pretty. I thought it was quite funny :blush:

• 1 month later...

Given the flak Lolro will inevitably take over the season for his wank predictions, just want to sound out if anyone would be interested in taking part in a forum prediction league (similar to the TTTW from days of old)? If so, I'm happy to run a thread and sticky it so no one ever reads it.

Same simple rules: one point for correct result, three for correct score. No bonus crap.

Newcastle United vs Sunderland.  Take that, system!

Nah seriously, it's even worse when you think about it properly.  It's sort of like if they charged newspapers and magazines for talking about the upcoming week's TV schedules.  People referencing and talking about upcoming fixtures can only increase viewing figures if anything.  It's another short-sighted money-making exercise, which probably makes them fuck-all in the grand scheme of things.

a link to a site who can legally show the fixture lists and label the match's 1-10 perhaps? or are you not even allowed to link to fixture sites.

And yes I'd be willing to take part and help in any way I could

:thup:

This would be the way forward. There seems to be enough people up for it too so i'll get sorted a bit later today.