Derek Llambeezy

Willow

There will be people running the club, as that list on NUFC.com shows the structure in place.

All those other people were probably doing far more than Derek was. Something seems awry with Derek, and I think it was largely to do with acquiring players.

Before Llambias came on board we really didn't struggle as much getting players in under Mort, albeit we weren't buying the best ones then.

Llambias isnt a football person whatsoever. Don't think today's developments are that bad (fingers crossed). We almost got relegated last season, and maybe that's shaken Ashley to finally do something about his "mate".

Last week the club seemed relatively stable, perhaps we weren't happy with everything Llambias and Pardew were doing but at least they had been keeping us really stable for a few years,  which is looking more and more impressive given what they had to deal with.

Now it is implosion time. 

I just hope someone is lined up to take over his role soon and is a far better communicator and not as much of a slimy toad. "you don't know how fucking horrible we can be....."

There will be people running the club, as that list on NUFC.com shows the structure in place.

All those other people were probably doing far more than Derek was. Something seems awry with Derek, and I think it was largely to do with acquiring players.

Before Llambias came on board we really didn't struggle as much getting players in under Mort, albeit we weren't buying the best ones then.

Llambias isnt a football person whatsoever. Don't think today's developments are that bad (fingers crossed). We almost got relegated last season, and maybe that's shaken Ashley to finally do something about his "mate".

Ah cheers for this development - should I contact all businesses around the world and tell them Managing Directors are now obsolete?

Guest Roger Kint

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY IS RUNNING THE CLUB FOR f***s SAKE.  WHAT IS SO HARD TO GRASP?!?!?!

:lol: Mental ain't it? Some act like it's Football Manager.

I'd hate to just venture in the corridors of SJP with Kinnear in complete control.  I imagine piss on the carpets, shit on the walls and cans of Ace lager fucking everywhere.

He will feel at home when it starts looking like this

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/article6731092.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/Plough+Lane

Bring back Chris Mort.

You do remember that it was Mort who hired Wise, etc.?  Whilst he was on good terms with the fans, sacked Fat Sam & hired Keegan he also paved the way for all the disastrous events later.

Guest Phil K

"Lesser of two evils" ? Well, Derek hasn't exactly been much cop, has he ?

No, but Kinnear running the club is worse, therefore it's the lesser of two evils. Quite simple really.

IS Kinnear "running the club" ? The place is such a mess, no-one knows what the hell is going on. Or who does what and where and when.

Guest Roger Kint

Meanwhile in the world of proper football clubs Franco Baldini is confirmed as Technical Director at Spurs. I for one am shocked JFK wasnt their number 1 choice  :hmm:

Ah cheers for this development - should I contact all businesses around the world and tell them Managing Directors are now obsolete?

:lol:

My point is the people just under him will be able to cover, and would be aware of what was going on.

Also, what's to say he was doing that much anyway, and not fobbing it off. That guy was a cretin man.

He couldn't even manage the most basic of communication from the club when he first came in. Until people continually complained about it.

Meanwhile in the world of proper football clubs Franco Baldini is confirmed as Technical Director at Spurs. I for one am shocked JFK wasnt their number 1 choice  :hmm:

Absolutely ridiculous they didn't appoint a Spurs legend with over 400 appearances for the best club in the world.

He did ok in January getting plenty through the door. I think the problem has always been how much money Ashley is willing to be allowed to be spent.

Llambias was supposedly Ashley's most trusted man. What the f*** happened to that relationship? Not to mention the message it sends that someone that has overseen so many negative things associated with NUFC feels he can't carry on any more, just a day after he welcomed Kinnear to the club. Something is seriously, seriously wrong for Llambias to walk.

This isn't about saying Llambias was a good guy, he wasn't. But where do we go from here? We're in an absolute tailspin.

I don't think that welcome attributed to Llambias was anything other than standard guff written by some lackey in the clubs PR office. As you say there has been a massive breakdown in the relationship between Ashley and Llambias. Possibilities are that (as Kaka said) Ashley doesn't think DL was getting the job down on the football transfer side of things, and/or tension between them over whether Pardew should be sacked or not, and/or simply that Ashley impulsively decided to give his mate JFK a job without consulting anyone else in the club.   

Llambias was supposedly Ashley's most trusted man. What the f*** happened to that relationship? Not to mention the message it sends that someone that has overseen so many negative things associated with NUFC feels he can't carry on any more, just a day after he welcomed Kinnear to the club. Something is seriously, seriously wrong for Llambias to walk.

This isn't about saying Llambias was a good guy, he wasn't. But where do we go from here? We're in an absolute tailspin.

Strangest thing for me was Kinnear in his sky sports interview said Llambias would control finances at the club...he then said in his Talksport interview that he had resigned 10 days ago and when asked what's his message towards the negative Newcastle fans, his response was 'well what do they want? Ask them if the want Derek Lambazey back?'. I then assumed Llambias had gone all together but then he was in the club statement as Managing Director (which i assumed he always was) welcoming Kinnear to the club. Now it comes out he has in fact resigned all together from the club. It's all very unclear what is actually going and it’s painful to watch it all unfold. I've never wanted to hear Pardew's voice so much to see if we can gauge a feeling of what his thoughts realistically are.

This. This is disasterous. I can't believe I'm saying that... I'm saying that it's a disaster that we've lost Llambias. And it f***ing is. How can any business lose it's 'management structure' (Yeah, I know) in this fashion, and not be scared f***ing shitless? Especially when the appointments made to compensate are so utterly laughable.

It's obvious what's happened now. Llambias and Ashley fell out over last season, Ashley wanted to hand it to Pardew, Llambias defended him, maybe stuck up for Pardew after his 'We've both been s***' bit. This then broke down entirely to the point of Llambias resigning. Ashley refused, met Kinnear in the pub, offered his drunken mate the job, Kinnear takes it, Ashley accepts Llambias' resignation.

Sounds like a f***ing GCSE Business Enterprise project. Hopefully this shambolic mess will persuade him to try and sell up now.

Guest Roger Kint

Absolutely ridiculous they didn't appoint a Spurs legend with over 400 appearances for the best club in the world.

And THREE manager of the year awards. Levy is clueless!