N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

What's the best thing for a hamstring? I've had ice on it but it's still just came out with a massive bruise, I've tried massaging it but that feels worse. :(

Dickie Steadman

The knee surgeon?

What's the best thing for a hamstring? I've had ice on it but it's still just came out with a massive bruise, I've tried massaging it but that feels worse. :(

Dickie Steadman

The knee surgeon?

Your too quick, scoll back up. But to be fair the Steadman - Hawkins clinic does more than just knees ops.

Guest Heneage

Who was the fella I "Shifted off the ball" shall we say in the second half? I must admit outside of Lien, Prophet, Dave and Wullie names were a bit forgotten.  :blush:

Yous should organise a game against another fans forum or something.

Should sort an away day trip to Lincoln or Hull or Sheffield or somewhere like that so I can get involved.

This is actually something we do from time to time back home, the local Toon supporters' club gets together and plays footie against other supporters' clubs.

We mostly just play Man U, but last summer we had a great day out playing a mini-league against Man U/Inter/Juventus.

Well done lads - sounds like you did what football should be about and have a good laugh with no comebacks (apart from Optimistcs hamsting).  Was hopeful for the blues though (there's something about red that gets me and I don't know what it is (Manure, Liverpoo (Everton though (shudder))).

Guest LucaAltieri

One against Glory-Glory :D

Oh Jesus.... imagine..  :lol: :lol:

Imagine the amount of threads (on their board) if you challenged RTG  :yikes:

Fuck yes. Do it!

Guest Heneage

One against Glory-Glory :D

Oh Jesus.... imagine..  :lol: :lol:

Imagine the amount of threads (on their board) if you challenged RTG  :yikes:

f*** yes. Do it!

I can be double agent, I have played for an RTG XI so know the full low-down.  :shifty:

Who did the geremi corner?  mackems.gif

Oh and gregs freekick  mackems.gif mackems.gif

If it had worked it would have been an amazing goal.

Given the state of my ankle it was a stupid idea to try and bend it with the outside of my foot. Used to be able to hit them like that when I was younger.

Who did the geremi corner?  mackems.gif

Oh and gregs freekick  mackems.gif mackems.gif

If it had worked it would have been an amazing goal.

Given the state of my ankle it was a stupid idea to try and bend it with the outside of my foot. Used to be able to hit them like that when I was younger.

Wish I'd piped up and hit it with my left. I was pleased I managed to put a couple of proper corners in, often they're fucking hopeless.

btw stupeedo, please tell me you got that shirt specially lettered up for tonight?

aye, got it before the match KO yesterday. my mate's bought me the maroon&blue one with Stupeedo - 21 (for my 21st funnily enough) but I realised it would probably clash with the red team

btw stupeedo, please tell me you got that shirt specially lettered up for tonight?

aye, got it before the match KO yesterday. my mate's bought me the maroon&blue one with Stupeedo - 21 (for my 21st funnily enough) but I realised it would probably clash with the red team

legend

You were my MOTM Stupeedo,although the quality of the stream wasn't much Kop,had to rely on James "Tyldsely" really

Enjoyed that (mostly) like, although the wind and the shitty lighting did it's best to ruin things - along with the shortness of players. Credit to whoever brought the match ball, it was fucking brilliant. Have to say, that was the first time I've played centre-half since primary school and it's a fucking nightmare position, although our 3-4-2 formation (2-4-3 most of the time) meant I had plenty to do early doors. Thanks to Lee for sticking with me while everyone else galloped forward and putting in a blinding performance as we faced wave-after-wave of four attackers and to NSG as well for making important saves/interceptions (sweeper keeper) while being increasingly eccentric. Delighted we played on the 3G like, thought it was class.

Not impressed with those who cried off/just didn't bother :angry:

Have to say it was lucky (mainly for my team) that I brought my two mates with me (had seen we were 2 players down by this afternoon) as it meant we had 10-on-10 and one scored a hat-trick (was mainly playing left wing, blonde hair, blue Brazil top) while the other was the now famous "dark haired lad in the Napoli shirt"... I wasn't keen on bringing mates as it was a "forum" thing but wish I'd brought another few (plenty interested) so that we could have had 11-a-side with proper 'keepers for each. Still, thought it was fun enough and would have been much more competitive had you lot had a proper 'keeper.

Have to agree with Stupeedo as MOTM despite his dislike of the simple ball (O0), the goal he scored was insane and he was up and down the pitch all the time and was one of the (very) few to cover me at the back. The overall standard was much, much better than I was expecting and the pace of the game was much quicker as well. Didn't think anyone embarrassed themselves at all, especially considering a few hadn't played for ages.

To join in with the injury brigade, I have a smashed left big toenail (looks lovely) and a heavily swollen/bruised/cut right knee from a collision with one of the Red Team strikers in our box about halfway through the first half.

Cheers to Pilko/Stephen/Venks for thinking of it/getting it all sorted and bringing the referee (very good, although he had little to do, called offsides brilliantly until he started dishing out the sympathy at 4-1) and everything  :thup:

PS: I'm delighted that jaffa cake uptake was so high at half-time, but must apologise to Midds for being a pro-active endorser of their magic. Think I ate too many mind as I was struggling much more than usual in the second half! :lol:

Fill in as appropriate:

Kick off delayed due to numerous failures of floodlights, and last minute change of venue.

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41 Alex (Rich's mate)

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

Blue 4 - 1 Red

'61 Lee [Cp 40]  after an indiffrent performance at CB, Rich sends cp40 up front,.. 'go and have some fun' within a few mins,sells a dummy, side steps defender, 24 yds, top right corner....

Blue 4 - 2 Red

'68 Pilko?

Blue 5 - 2 Red

'73 Alex (Rich's mate)

Blue 5 - 3 Red

'79 Stu [?]

Blue 6 - 3 Red

'82 Alex (Rich's mate)

Blue 6 - 4 Red

'86 Dave (markys555)

Blue 7 - 4 Red

'90 Stu [stupeedo] : Reina-esque kick from the keeper intercepted by Stupeedo who would have had a clear run in on goal had it not been for a great piece of last-ditch defending by Venkman(? or Marky555? someone). Stupeedo, with his route to goal blocked, rolled the defender and laid the ball off to an unmarked Wullie, whose touch was...generous enough to allow the reds to get another man back, Wullie unselfishley played the ball back to a clearly onside Stupeedo (despite the desperate pleas from the red defence), who controlled the ball, composed himself and found the bottom corner away from the helpless keeper.

Ah man I feel for you mate.I torn both my hamstrings in one season 2 years ago.Massaging it hurts like hell but it has to be done,thats what the physio will be doing.Plenty of ice and take some neurofen after your massage.You should get yourself to a gym,plenty of cycling and leg weights have to be done to build it back up.If you came out with a massive bruise thats a good sign means its already healing