KK begins legal action against NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just stumbled into this thread now. Yet again some of the so-called fans of this club are absolutely embarrassing themselves. We need to wait till everything comes out I agree, but until then we have to go by our better judgment, and at the end of the day what has Mike Ashley done to prove he's more worthy of being trusted with regards to Newcastle United rather than Kevin Keegan?

Just stumbled into this thread now. Yet again some of the so-called fans of this club are absolutely embarrassing themselves. We need to wait till everything comes out I agree, but until then we have to go by our better judgment, and at the end of the day what has Mike Ashley done to prove he's more worthy of being trusted with regards to Newcastle United rather than Kevin Keegan?

Precisely. That's been my thoughts since this all happened.

What difference does that make? If the club wins the case the money stays with Newcastle United. If Keegan wins it ends up in Glasgow to be spent on god knows what. A new set of clown outfits maybe.

What difference does that make? If the club wins the case the money stays with Newcastle United. If Keegan wins it ends up in Glasgow to be spent on god knows what. A new set of clown outfits maybe.

Howay TRon man. What value do those last two sentences have.

^ "You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain,"

:sadnod:  Very disappointing.  Regardless of who said what this provides another off the field distraction at a crucial time in the season.  He's made the apparent Glasgow circus debts his first priority, you don't sue the club out of principle.  This is just indefensible.  If he has a case for wrongful dismissal, if he was really being undermined by Wise & Ashley, let's hear about in the tell all biography in a few years time.  Don't take the club to court when the team is fighting to survive. 

Guest Sniffer

What a load of bollocks.

People on here would be tripping over themselves if they thought they had a case for wrongful dismissal. KK is no different just because it's Newcastle.

It really does beg belief how some people hope Keegan wins this case. The club is far more important.

that sounds a bit like 'my country right or wrong'.

id rather the club do not lose out on £8m but if Keegan wins his case the blame for losing £8m doesnt lie with him but with those whose actions gave him a case to begin with.

It really does beg belief how some people hope Keegan wins this case. The club is far more important.

id rather the club do not lose out on £8m but if Keegan wins his case the blame for losing £8m doesnt lie with him but with those whose actions gave him a case to begin with.

O-N isn't talking about apportioning blame though, he's on about £8m of the club's money.

The club is far more important than Keegan.  Keegan not winning is ultimately better for the club.

O-N isn't talking about apportioning blame though, he's on about £8m of the club's money.

The club is far more important than Keegan.  Keegan not winning is ultimately better for the club.

as i said, i'd rather to club do not lose out on £8m. in my opinion the best that can happen is a behind closed doors agreement between the two sides. But if they do lose it will be because people at the club have fucked up and won't get sympathy from me. in fact, it would be yet another thing to add to the list of errors. if it goes to court i'm not going to back the club even if they're wrong, that's mindless and just as bad as any 'cheesy' HTT post.

The club comes first, but if Keegan's been fucked over then he's got every right to take the club to court.

Agreed. I don't want to see money taken out of the club, but I don't hold it against Keegan if he feels he has been hard done by. We'll see what the case brings to light.

^ "You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain,"

:sadnod:  Very disappointing.  Regardless of who said what this provides another off the field distraction at a crucial time in the season.  He's made the apparent Glasgow circus debts his first priority, you don't sue the club out of principle.  This is just indefensible.  If he has a case for wrongful dismissal, if he was really being undermined by Wise & Ashley, let's hear about in the tell all biography in a few years time.  Don't take the club to court when the team is fighting to survive. 

Bobby Robson took legal action against the club when it was struggling under Souness. the matter was settled out of court for £2.1m.

omg SBR hates the club!

Bobby Robson took legal action against the club when it was struggling under Souness. the matter was settled out of court for £2.1m.

omg SBR hates the club!

Bobby was sacked, Keegan probably walked, the cases are different and I doubt a single Newcastle fan thinks Keegan hates the club.

omg SBR hates the club!

Bobby was sacked, Keegan probably walked, the cases are different and I doubt a single Newcastle fan thinks Keegan hates the club.

Keegan is going for constructive dismissal. the only difference is that Robson's case was more clear cut so there wasn't this much vaunted but vague and ultimately naive idea of the 'facts coming out' with him.

Keegan is going for constructive dismissal. the only difference is that Robson's case was more clear cut so there wasn't this much vaunted but vague and ultimately naive idea of the 'facts coming out' with him.

Robson's case being clear cut is the reason why some people have a different opinion about it, the blame was obvious which can't be said about when Keegan walked out.

omg SBR hates the club!

The only difference is that Bobby was sacked, Keegan wasn't. I haven't seen the slightest suggestion anywhere that Ashley actually wanted him to go.

Except for the other differences, of course, like the difference between five years at the helm taking us from mid-table mediocrity to the Champions League and less than a season at the helm (this time around) before disappearing at the worst possible time for the club, and the difference between £2 million and £8 million.

omg SBR hates the club!

The only difference is that Bobby was sacked, Keegan wasn't. I haven't seen the slightest suggestion anywhere that Ashley actually wanted him to go.

But there are other differences, of course, like the difference between five years at the helm taking us from mid-table mediocrity to the Champions League and less than a season at the helm (this time around) before disappearing at the worst possible time for the club, and the difference between £2 million and £8 million.