Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

If I were one of the teams progressing in the UEFA Cup I would be doing my damnedest to get him in and registered for the 2nd half of the competition.  League goals and form aside, amazing as it is, having him available in the later stages of that competition would be phenomenal. 

I hope we're offering enough to at least make choosing a hard decision for him.

Just pay the Owen whatever he wants and let him score the goals to get us back up the table and into Europe.  We can always sell him in a couple of years after he is signed up on another 4 year contract so we then get a decent fee.  However, above all else he owes us the fans for supporting him while he was out injured!  Perhaps he needs a gentle reminder of that!

We really should offer him a contract the length of his own choosing with an improved salary. We need to keep him.

I would like to see him stay but you guys really need to get a grip!

So according to the both of you if Owen comes in demanding £200,000 a week for the next 5 years that's okay?

Great negotiating skills.

Just stop it.

At the weekend, Kinnear said that he was due to sit down with Michael tomorrow yet in a TV interview yesterday, I swear I heard Owen making reference to the fact that it was the papers who were claiming that discussions were about to start.

Its suggested to me that the club hadnt actually agreed a meeting date with him. Seemed a bit conflicting.

At the weekend, Kinnear said that he was due to sit down with Michael tomorrow yet in a TV interview yesterday, I swear I heard Owen making reference to the fact that it was the papers who were claiming that discussions were about to start.

Its suggested to me that the club hadnt actually agreed a meeting date with him. Seemed a bit conflicting.

Conflicting stories from Kinnear? No way.

Resigning Owen isn't just about resigning one of our top players, our captain, and our top goal scorer, it's also a signal of intent that we're serious about moving beyond our current problems and that Ashley is willing to put some of his money up for improved wages and still supports the club. So, I think it's pretty vital that we do what we can to keep Owen, in that respect.

Unless we're planning to sign Kaka in January, that is.  O0

Resigning Owen isn't just about resigning one of our top players, our captain, and our top goal scorer, it's also a signal of intent that we're serious about moving beyond our current problems and that Ashley is willing to put some of his money up for improved wages and still supports the club. So, I think it's pretty vital that we do what we can to keep Owen, in that respect.

Unless we're planning to sign Kaka in January, that is.   O0

Probably the poster off here knowing the tight budget we operate under.

So what are we expecting? Accepted or rejected in the near future or sat over until the end of January while he looks at other offers?

He can only be offered contracts from clubs abroad, which i reckon he'll not want to take again after Madrid and of course his England future.

Its the delay in the offer I cannot understand, we really do need to keep him but also the fact we will lose him on a free if he does not sign a new deal.

Were they just delaying incase the club was sold or was it a case of wait and see if Owen stays fit before offering a new deal.