Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I don't know why anybody puts any faith in what Joe Kinnear says, he seems to just open his mouth and tell people what he thinks they want to hear rather than anything to do with reality.

Never saw this before I posted, but couldn't agree more Mick.

Aye, it worked for Keegan though.

Very good article.

80k is more than most earn in a year, he earns that 52 times a year, which is more years than anyone works. More than enough money for life. I still get a bit annoyed thinking about how much he has invested in his stables since he moved back from Madrid.

I think he will sign the offer but if he doesnt, he's been poorly advised as his reputation will fall dramatically unless he goes to one of the big 4.

Very good article.

80k is more than most earn in a year, he earns that 52 times a year, which is more years than anyone works. More than enough money for life. I still get a bit annoyed thinking about how much he has invested in his stables since he moved back from Madrid.

I think he will sign the offer but if he doesnt, he's been poorly advised as his reputation will fall dramatically unless he goes to one of the big 4.

he'll wait and assess his options,both financially and career wise and choose which he thinks is best for him...........as would most of us if it wasn't "our club"

I think it's the opposite.  If he signs the contract now he is valuing "safety" and "money" higher than his career.  It is plain obvious that his career has went downhill in the last few years he needs to play in a top team in Europe to regain his status.  Whether he can find such a club is a question but at least he should have a try and, if he fails, he can sign with us at June.

he'll wait and assess his options,both financially and career wise and choose which he thinks is best for him...........as would most of us if it wasn't "our club"

That's why I don't think he would/should be blamed for not signing the contract now.

I think it's the opposite.  If he signs the contract now he is valuing "safety" and "money" higher than his career.  It is plain obvious that his career has went downhill in the last few years he needs to play in a top team in Europe to regain his status.

Like he said "unless he goes to one of the big 4", he'd be well advised to sign the contract.  Going to the likes of Man City or Everton isn't going to help his reputation.

Guest sicko2ndbest

News on SSN in 5 mins about his contract stay tuned

David Craig

This better not be a false alert  :knuppel2:

Definately reported

Guest sicko2ndbest

Definately mentioned

Said they were crossing to David Craig in the next few moments

They have said nothing since the restart, so dont think it will be anything major

Kinnear did reveal that Michael Owen, thought to be willing to wait until the summer before deciding his future, is pencilled in for further contract talks this week. Owen has been asked to take a pay cut at St James’ Park.

“Michael’s agent has a meeting in three or four days with the chairman, Derek Llambias,”

said Kinnear. “I’m confident that if we can agree on terms nothing else matters.

“The length of contract is perfect, it just boils down to terms. We have to sit down with them and strike a deal with them. We just have to agree on numbers.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/3995075.Credit_crunch_has_done_me_a_favour__says_Joe/