The Newcastle-Online Logo - Design the best, win a T-shirt. Become a Legend.

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

here are those other 2 again with the changes you guys mentioned! more blue + less balls (haha)

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2161/picture6yw6.pnghttp://img372.imageshack.us/img372/281/picture7tm8.png

Excellent but too American for my liking, if you could somehow carry on with the same theme but make them less American it would be spot on. Thus far Andy's stands out a mile for me.

here are those other 2 again with the changes you guys mentioned! more blue + less balls (haha

Excellent but too American for my liking, if you could somehow carry on with the same theme but make them less American it would be spot on. Thus far Andy's stands out a mile for me.

Less American!? your constructive criticism is to make it less American!? Right, lets all open Photoshop and find the 'Less American' filter.

sweet mother fucking jesus.

here are those other 2 again with the changes you guys mentioned! more blue + less balls (haha

Less American!? your constructive criticism is to make it less American!? Right, lets all open Photoshop and find the 'Less American' filter.

Less American is without a football in it, since all American "soccer" logos have a football in it so they can understand it's "soccer". </stereotyping>

I like it as it is though. Football or no football.

Guest Howaythetoon

I meant the first logo, the second is class but there is too much going on. I prefer minimalistic. The second one would make for a very good logo though, alas logos can look great against a white background but not so great against a backdrop or over a banner. Whoever designed the original obviously knew what he was doing, as it works great...

I meant the first logo, the second is class but there is too much going on. I prefer minimalistic. The second one would make for a very good logo though, alas logos can look great against a white background but not so great against a backdrop or over a banner. Whoever designed the original obviously knew what he was doing, as it works great...

The original is very good. Rather than a complete overhaul, there's a lot to be said for just modifying that design a little.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

The original is very good. Rather than a complete overhaul, there's a lot to be said for just modifying that design a little.

I like what Andy has done with his banner, although the font used is shite.

I like what Andy has done with his banner, although the font used is shite.

Aye, that one is my favourite so far. Easy enough to change the font on it as well.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8327/nologo1vs2.jpg

This one, for me.

Same, I like how its kind of a speech mark aswell (which suits a messageboard pretty well)

I know it says no copyright infringement etc. but can't we at least use or two elements of the badge/crest?

Bit like redandwhitekop have done here?

http://static.redandwhitekop.com/images/rawk.gif

Interestingly enough, Liverpool FC recently attempted to copyright that image of the Liver Bird but were forced to back down.

Not sure where we stand on the seahorse issue (which originally appear on the city's coat of arms).