Fat Ash - "Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe"

David Icke - Son of God

It would surprise me greatly if those quotes were real. Unfortunately this board is full of 16 year old idiots (decky) who will take everything put before them as vertabim.

Funny that, given the way you behave on here, you would swear you were the 16 year old idiot. Call me some more names though, make yourself feel good.

surely you could open a thread on general chat for taht.

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the f***ing irony. :lol:

Some seriously f***ed up logic on here.

The logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol:

if there is a difference it is that NUSC is a small, newly formed amatuer supporters group which is still finding its feet, while ashley is a professional businessman who owns our club. so you have to hold him to higher standards. are you suggesting that it is the opposite and we're supposed to cut ashley slack for the same faults? if there's anyone out there who pans NUSC for being unprofessional and making jokes and doesnt do the same for ashley (if these quotes are real), then they have an agenda.

if there is anyone out there who never believes Sun's football related news but suddenly believes that it is a Gospel of Truth when the news can be used to hit Ashley, then they have an agenda

Ashley's remark was a light-hearted throw away comment. If NUSC comments are also light-hearted and not meant to be taken seriously then you have a point. Is it all a big joke then?

Alpal, i said if true. these are direct and extended quotes so i would imagine they are for real.

Come on, how many times have we seen the Sun coming out with rubbish 'direct and extended quotes'....there's a reason why people call the Sun a cheap tabloid. My point remains, that you seem willing to give more credibility to this particular news compared to previously because it can be used to attack Ashley. In my view your justification is post conclusion. You decided the conclusion first (to accept the news) before justifying it by saying that they are "direct and extended quotes". I honestly can't remember ever using news from the Sun to attack anybody, not even Freddie.

Of course with the "if it's true" disclaimer (which I missed), then I agree with your point to a large extent. 

im not sure i can ever remember the sun having fake extended quotes tbh. usually when we see articles the first thing people ask after or look for are quotes and there's loads of them in there. maybe if it was a line or two from an obscure source, like dirk kuyt saying we were his dream club, then i'd be skeptical, but this seems like a genuine interview.

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

The logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol:

if there is a difference it is that NUSC is a small, newly formed amatuer supporters group which is still finding its feet, while ashley is a professional businessman who owns our club. so you have to hold him to higher standards. are you suggesting that it is the opposite and we're supposed to cut ashley slack for the same faults? if there's anyone out there who pans NUSC for being unprofessional and making jokes and doesnt do the same for ashley (if these quotes are real), then they have an agenda.

if there is anyone out there who never believes Sun's football related news but suddenly believes that it is a Gospel of Truth when the news can be used to hit Ashley, then they have an agenda

Ashley's remark was a light-hearted throw away comment. If NUSC comments are also light-hearted and not meant to be taken seriously then you have a point. Is it all a big joke then?

Alpal, i said if true. these are direct and extended quotes so i would imagine they are for real.

Come on, how many times have we seen the Sun coming out with rubbish 'direct and extended quotes'....there's a reason why people call the Sun a cheap tabloid. My point remains, that you seem willing to give more credibility to this particular news compared to previously because it can be used to attack Ashley. In my view your justification is post conclusion. You decided the conclusion first (to accept the news) before justifying it by saying that they are "direct and extended quotes". I honestly can't remember ever using news from the Sun to attack anybody, not even Freddie.

Of course with the "if it's true" disclaimer (which I missed), then I agree with your point to a large extent. 

im not sure i can ever remember the sun having fake extended quotes tbh. usually when we see articles the first thing people ask after or look for are quotes and there's loads of them in there. maybe if it was a line or two from an obscure source, like dirk kuyt saying we were his dream club, then i'd be skeptical, but this seems like a genuine interview.

It doesn't to me, although I suppose it might be. In what context did Ashley supposedly say these things? He just rang some tosser at The Sun out of the blue? He took a call from The Sun? Neither seems very likely.

I wonder whether Shepherd pulled the pint and Sir John Hall drank it, or the other way round?

Oh dear.  You honestly you think a minority shareholder pulled a pint without telling someone first?  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

I wonder whether Shepherd pulled the pint and Sir John Hall drank it, or the other way round?

Oh dear.  You honestly you think a minority shareholder pulled a pint without telling someone first?  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

We know he was chairman, but only an idiot like thick Mick would think he pulled all of the pints on his own. mackems.gif

It doesn't to me, although I suppose it might be. In what context did Ashley supposedly say these things? He just rang some tosser at The Sun out of the blue? He took a call from The Sun? Neither seems very likely.

Tbf to The Sun & NOTW it is where these fuckers earn there corn by getting quotes from people you want to hear from.

Guest The Libertine

the reporting/mocking of this on .com is a pathetic. arent they supposed to be neutral? every time they mention ashley its increasingly obvious that they've paid their £10.

We know he was chairman, but only an idiot like thick Mick would think he pulled all of the pints on his own. mackems.gif

You'll not find that in any bartenders manual

You'll find it in REPETITION FOR DUMMIES - By a Mr N.E. Five, which details how to encur the wrath of an entire forum in just five easy steps. With foreword from Freddy Shepherd.

Guest The Libertine

the reporting/mocking of this on .com is a pathetic. arent they supposed to be neutral?

Is it pathetic because you dont agree with them or find it funny?

Bit silly of you to think they are neutral.

they're still doing the "omg cockneyz out!" routine and generally twist his words the same way some people do on here.

i dont read it all that often so i dont really know the vibe of it. i though it was primarily a news source.

Without having the energy to read this thread.... surely no-one thinks that Ashley believes this? I've said similar things in jest, reasonably funny if not particularly professional of him.... can't believe anything has been made of it.

He was obviously asked if he thought Joe was better than Capello and why shouldn't he say yes then?

I also have a feeling that the reason the question was asked in the first place had something to do with the fact Capello isn't making use of Owen, while Owen is obviously performing for Kinnear.

I don't think these quotes are anything to be overly worried or concerned about.

What I found interesting was what he had to say about £30 million players and Newcastle not being a bottomless pit. Wonder if that was a bit of insight (or maybe even a slight dig?) concerning the previous managers targets.

Yup. Players like Stephen Warnock are really going to break the bank.

these sort of posts are like the ones who built up praise for Ameobi saying he was the natural replacement for Shearer and then those who said we would be better off without Bellamy because he was a "cancer" which were alongside those who said Souness would turn into the new Alex Ferguson simply because he took a hard line with the "cancer" like Ferguson did at manu.

Where do people get these stupid ideas ?

If it wasn't so sad, it would make you cry.

Simple fact is that - as Johnny insinuates - Ashley is a knacker who has took the club back to the days where the club is aiming to be successful - lets face it every club wants to be successfu - without competing seriously with the successful clubs.

And incredibly, after all this time, some people STILL can't see it or reject it point blank.

Mentioning no names like  :nope: