The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

I've always questioned the hype AVB gets on this board but sacking him would be very harsh.

Mind, i've seen plenty of them this season. Twice in the flesh and they've been pretty boring.

Watch out lads, he gans to all the games.

They play with a lot of flair, but for some reason they're not putting the ball in the net.

I've not seen enough of them to judge for myself, but the opinion of Messrs Carragher and Neville was that Soldado was the wrong striker for their system - a finisher rather than someone who could lead the line.

Which is a problem if you're just blown £26 million.

They play with a lot of flair, but for some reason they're not putting the ball in the net.

I've not seen enough of them to judge for myself, but the opinion of Messrs Carragher and Neville was that Soldado was the wrong striker for their system - a finisher rather than someone who could lead the line.

I think that's a big problem for them as Soldado will thrive on service from the wings, yet Spurs don't really play with any real width.

Negerdo certainly looks the better striker. I don't why VI doesn't rate him, tbh.

Still expect these to finish 5th, they aren't play as bad as everyone is making out. Actually fancy them to beat Man Utd at the weekend.

As people are rightly pointing out however, would help their cause if AVB had more of clue what his best 11 is, seems very stange how long he's took to introduce lamela to his first league start. I do think they will continue to improve and get stronger as the season progresses. A quick dive out of the Europa League would help their cause.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

They are a really good passing side but on the other hand they are really poor in the final third. On top of that when you consider that they play a high line which is very vulnerable especially when they make mistakes, they are going to be in a lot of trouble . We scored easily against them during a counter and could've had an earlier one. City also scored most of their goals on the counter.

They had a minor problem with not being fluent enough before Man City, since then it's a crisis. Overreaction to one result in a classic way.

:thup:

Same thing happened with Arsenal after their opening day defeat to Villa. I remember watching the reaction on Monday Night Football and you'd think they were going to get relegated the way some pundits were going on.

9 goals scored in 12 games (2 of which being extremely suspect penalties) with that amount spent on attacking players suggests far more than a minor problem.

The fact they're still only 2 points off the champions league spots says that it isn't affecting them in a major way.  I think they'll be very strong in the second half of the season as they have really good depth and the new signings will get used to each other more and more.

Absolutely batshit crazy decision if they get rid this early. This noton is a total overreaction to their below-par performance vs Man City being exploited by the best side in the league on their day playing like the best side in the league and more.

They're still looking to click. You don't give a manager £100m to spend then when they haven't clicked in November decide to get rid. Give him some fucking time ffs. I've no doubt at all they'll improve - plus, they're only 2 points behind the CL spots while playing "badly". Lunacy to even be discussing this, but I guess that's the world we're in now. Lack of instant success makes you vulnerable for the sack.

It's not the City result in isolation like some are claiming. Nobody who watches Spurs play regularly have been impressed by their attacking. They've looked solid and strong but they've grinded out wins. That's great but that's the best it's got.

7 goals from open play in 12 games is bad work by any standard. They'll be fine in the end no doubt.

No penetration from their central midfield nor from their wingers, no CM capable of turning up in or around the box with Dembele/Paulinho/Sandro etc. I think dropping Lennon from RW is too much change at once. Need to stick to part of last season's formula.

They should blood Lamela down the left as he was their "like for like" replacement for Bale, give Eriksen license to float and create behind a nr 9 - which honestly could be Adebayor rather than Soldado - offers nothing if there aren't balls played into the box with pace. They won't get that. Don't think he'd have been successfull in last season's Spurs team either. Really strange signing without any real purpose and a luxury striker who'd do well in Dortmund, Arsenal or perhaps Bayern, feeding of unorganised defences and smart movement with lots of offensive players surrounding him. Nothing other than that.

No penetration from their central midfield nor from their wingers, no CM capable of turning up in or around the box with Dembele/Paulinho/Sandro etc. I think dropping Lennon from RW is too much change at once. Need to stick to part of last season's formula.

They should blood Lamela down the left as he was their "like for like" replacement for Bale, give Eriksen license to float and create behind a nr 9 - which honestly could be Adebayor rather than Soldado - offers nothing if there aren't balls played into the box with pace. They won't get that. Don't think he'd have been successfull in last season's Spurs team either. Really strange signing without any real purpose and a luxury striker who'd do well in Dortmund, Arsenal or perhaps Bayern, feeding of unorganised defences and smart movement with lots of offensive players surrounding him. Nothing other than that.

Paulinho is perfect for that and will show so over time IMO.

Crazy tbh, as much as I hated the welsh wanker, Bale is a world class player and they were never gonna replace him like for like at any cost.

Everyone wants to see their team improve year on year but there's been too many changes to create instant success. They'll come good if given time, but supporters demand results, just as any bunch would get frustrated at a lack of improvement.

It is however worrying for them that their penetration, final ball and finishing this season has been so suspect. AVB needs to get that sorted ASAP. One or two wins and everyone will shut up again. Sacking in November when you're 4 points off second place is beyond kneejerk like!

Crazy tbh, as much as I hated the welsh wanker, Bale is a world class player and they were never gonna replace him like for like at any cost.

Everyone wants to see their team improve year on year but there's been too many changes to create instant success. They'll come good if given time, but supporters demand results, just as any bunch would get frustrated at a lack of improvement.

It is however worrying for them that their penetration, final ball and finishing this season has been so suspect. AVB needs to get that sorted ASAP. One or two wins and everyone will shut up again. Sacking in November when you're 4 points off second place is beyond kneejerk like!

They already have.