The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

A Moyes or a Martinez? :lol: Moyes succeeded at the same club where Martinez appears to be doing so. Honestly, such a load of bullshit.

If you weren't so defensive you would realise that's not the point they are making.... Only that Martinez stepped up and succeeded while Moyes stepped up and failed.

Nothing to do with their overall careers as managers or how good or bad each other are.

Any manager is lucky to get that long these days, especially working for someone like Levy.

He's a good manager and I think he will do well.. depending on what the expectations are. Can he really get into the champions league? City and Chelsea are probably locks. ManU will spend loads. Liverpool will try to build on this year and Arsenal always find a way. There's isn't a ton he can do realistically with out a couple of other clubs fucking up.

Can Pochettino get them in the CM spots though, or will he just do what Redknapp and AVB did before him and finish top 6? If the latter then its a sackable offence under Levy. (unless the style of football is that good)

He needs to show patience otherwise he's gunna look like an utter fool.

He'll be massively lucky to see 2 full seasons at Tottenham.

Why?

First sign of trouble he will be binned like every other manager Tottenham have had in the last decade. Sherwood sacked after finishing 6th...man city, Chelsea, Liverpool, manure & arsenal will all finish ahead of Tottenham next year and should do for years to come.

Cups might keep him in a job, but are never certain, couple of poor performances in them and they've got nothing to fight for, heads dip and levy will sack him. Poor start, levy will sack him. Poor end, levy will sack him. Can't accommodate levys recent big money signing, he'll be sacked. Not get the right results against capital opponents, levy can't go dine in his favourite restaurants through embarrassment, taxi for poch.

Levy is an absolute cretin who tries to cover up his mistakes by sacking any one he can. It'll only be time before his next victim lands on his sword of ego.

It's looked like being a toss-up between Poch & De Boer for a while. I'd be happy with either. Someone found an ace article on why Poch would be a good choice somewhere...but of course, I'm buggered if I can find it right now.

It seems Liverpool will be happy if it's not De Boer:

Liverpool Union ‏@LiverpoolUnion 31s

Spuds are finished, can see us Re-uniting Vertonghen and Eriksen with Suarez at Liverpool within the next 2 years. #LFC #Transfers

Liverpool Union ‏@LiverpoolUnion 20s

Spuds just signed Pochettino, I know that they are a tiny club, but wow he's won absolutely nothing. #LFC #Spuds

Unlike Brendan Rodgers, of course. Hang on...

:lol: Christ imagine if they had the chip.

Spurs have only been trigger happy recently really, and one of those was Sherwood.

10 managers in 13 years I think I remember reading, Levy is fairly quick on the trigger.

Sounds bad but look at the squad now in comparison to where they were 10 years ago.

Sacking a manager who hasn't met targets which were agreed to by all parties is no bad thing IMO.

Displays an ambition to not rest until success has been achieved.

Spurs have only been trigger happy recently really, and one of those was Sherwood.

10 managers in 13 years I think I remember reading, Levy is fairly quick on the trigger.

Sounds bad but look at the squad now in comparison to where they were 10 years ago.

Sacking a manager who hasn't met targets which were agreed to by all parties is no bad thing IMO.

Displays an ambition to not rest until success has been achieved.

around 10 years ago they were trying to get into the champions league on a consistent basis, now they're still trying to get into the champions league on a consistent basis. What has sacking all these managers actually achieved other than a large amount of money given away in compensation?

AVB shouldn't have been sacked.

AVB, for all his tactical talent, doesn't seem to be a people person. Not a good man-manager. Hence the appointment of Sherwood. From one extreme to the other.

Has an ego bigger than Mourinho with very little to back it up. People tend to dislike cunts like that.

Levy is a like shrewder in the transfer market version of Fat Fred.

He's more ken bates than fat Fred, just with enough sense to keep his real feelings to himself.