Owen's replacement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fred is good enough.

Off this season form or previous years? Remember we thought Cacapa was the Lyon captain when we signed him, when the reality was he was out the picture & played about 5 games in his last season at Lyon.

Any of you Champion League boffs or Romania League experts know who has been getting the goals for CFR Cluj

Gheorghe Hagi?

He retired ages ago, mate.

Fred is good enough.

Off this season form or previous years? Remember we thought Cacapa was the Lyon captain when we signed him, when the reality was he was out the picture & played about 5 games in his last season at Lyon.

Any of you Champion League boffs or Romania League experts know who has been getting the goals for CFR Cluj

Gheorghe Hagi?

He retired ages ago, mate.

:lol:

Fred is good enough.

The brilliantly named Juan Culio's been a name I've heard quite a bit on the highlights. Don't know if it's because he's any good, or if it's because his name makes me giggle like a girl.

Cant be easy finding strikers who are good enough and doesn't cost a fortune, i guess that's the way it's always been. I wonder how the financial crisis we're living in will affect future signings? Will players values go down significantly or will there just be less numbers of transfers. Time will tell...

is Podolski still a bit out of favour with Bayern Munich?

Just a suggestion, ideally on a season loan with option to sign, bit like the mackems with Cisse.

I read an article where it was mentioned in an interview with Uli Hoeness (spelling? fuck cares) and he said that they wont be signing anyone, and that they wont let go of anyone. But as far as i know Podolski doesn't seem to get much time there with Klose and Toni and wants a transfer.

Good suggestion i must say. At least try for a loan with the option of a transfer for next season. Nothing to loose really..

Fred is good enough.

The brilliantly named Juan Culio's been a name I've heard quite a bit on the highlights. Don't know if it's because he's any good, or if it's because his name makes me giggle like a girl.

Aye he's the one i meant,.

If Owen leaves we'll need a few strikers in the summer as Viduka will be off too, Xisco may not last and Shola is Shola and even he might leave. first choice has to be a partner for Martins, i think Pogrebnyak fits the bill here - very strong, tall, good movement and touch. Maybe Guerrero from Hamburg as Olic and Petric are first choice, tho i'd take either of them too. i'd like us to take a look at daniel strurridge too.

and after that we should look for a pacy goalscorer as back up striker who can fill in when Martins is injured or even compete with him.

Guest The German

Marc Janko from Austria. Scored 30 goals in 18 matches so far this season...

Ibisevic scored 18 goals in 17 with  7 assists in the German Bundesliga tbh. Sign him! Fact!

Ibisevic scored 18 goals in 17 with  7 assists in the German Bundesliga tbh. Sign him! Fact!

Fact is he won't sign for us.

Better than that guy from Stuttgart? Gomez? Cause he really sucked in the euros...

Guest The German

Better than that guy from Stuttgart? Gomez? Cause he really sucked in the euros...

Gomez would cost much more like. He sucked at euros but he is still world class. Stuttgart rejected and 40 million euros bid for him last summer from Barcelona so we don't have to think about signing him!

Gomez would cost much more like. He sucked at euros but he is still world class. Stuttgart rejected and 40 million euros bid for him last summer from Barcelona so we don't have to think about signing him!

Tbh i wouldn't want him even if we could get him, no offense but there are about 10 strikers i would rather have...

Guest The German

Tbh i wouldn't want him even if we could get him, no offense but there are about 10 strikers i would rather have...

Gomez: In 105 Bundesliga and DFB Pokal Matches he scored 56 Times with 18 assists (31 times he was a substitute)

He's worth his money!!!

Gomez: In 105 Bundesliga and DFB Pokal Matches he scored 56 Times with 18 assists (31 times he was a substitute)

He's worth his money!!!

Markus Rosenberg has scored something like 25 goals in 50 matches for Werder Bremen (if the stats on wikipedia are correct)

Not saying that he's as good as Gomez or even near. But i dont think you can compare goals/game ratio in Bundesliga with the EPL to name one...

40 million euros?? Is that official?? Sounds way too much for him imo..