Owen's replacement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Xisco did have the best goal per minute ratio in la liga last season supposedly.

Stats can lie in theory though.

Nugent and Jeffers have 100% international goalscoring record

Rob Earnshaw used to be the most prolific goalscorer in the Prem

Na you can understand why Xisco's not selected now.  He needs at least half a season to adjust to EPL's tempo and it would be silly to play him while we are in relegation battle before.

However from his play I am pretty sure that he's got what it needs to be a good striker - strength, technique, and scoring instinct.  The question is whether we are willing to develop him and, if we aren't that patient enough, we better sell him in January.

Wasn't a bad buy imo but bad timing.

Xisco did have the best goal per minute ratio in la liga last season supposedly.

Can't hit a barn door according to JFK.

Really?

Hence his complete exclusion from every squad. Tragic tbh, he's probably quality.

Really?

Hence his complete exclusion from every squad. Tragic tbh, he's probably quality.

I think his height is probably working against him in this situation. JFK probably sees him as an ineffective battering ram, but I have a feeling Xisco probably has better striking instincts than the likes of Shola, hence his decent goals ratio in Spain.

It really is a load of cock that we've managed to snap up one of the hottest striking prospects, in arguably the best league in Europe, and we've got him sixth choice behind the likes of Ameobi and Carroll. The fact that he's Spanish is irrelevant btw, as are the 'similarities' to Luque and Marcelino. The guy was quite clearly an excellent prospect and we've fucked up what could have been a quality signing. Aye i know, he could be shit n'all for all we know, but we've got no clue either way.

Considering Wise and his team got us the quality of Colo and Jonas from La Liga, then i have faith in them where Xisco is concerned. They're quite clearly not mugs and they felt he was worth £6m.

Desperate to see the guy get some ruddy game time. The only time he's played was under Hughton ffs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Kinnear needs goals, Premier League know how and physical strength which out of the 4 forwards he has at his disposal, Xisco can't be relied on to produce the necessary results in those 3 main areas so it is of no surprise or shouldn't be that the Spanish man doesn't get a look in. Kinnear would be mad to select him at any stage unless we have no choice due to injuries and or suspensions. Ideally he needs farmed out on loan if not to a Championship side then back home to give him games, experience and confidence or to retain some sort of value to sell on at the end of the season. From the little I've seen of him in our colors I have seen nothing whatsoever in his game to suggest he might have something to offer other than a willingness to run around.

Really?

I think his height is probably working against him in this situation. JFK probably sees him as an ineffective battering ram, but I have a feeling Xisco probably has better striking instincts than the likes of Shola, hence his decent goals ratio in Spain.

What is his goals record like in his La Liga?

Really?

Don't know it off the top of my head, it's been mentioned a few times here though.

Really?

Don't know it off the top of my head, it's been mentioned a few times here though.

If it is the one on Wiki it does not look good, well the numbers for his time in lower leagues look canny.

Really?

Nothing groundbreaking; think he got something like 9 in 22 for Deportivo last year.

Guest The German

Players we've been linked with:

Deriydok

Saviola

Gomez

Gomis

Fabiano

Fred(?)

Zaki

Baptista

Diane

Id take any of them, I'd also consider Podolski and Heskey. If Eto'o was considering a move to Spurs, i cant see why he wouldnt consider Nufc.

Deluded, moi?

Last 4 Years:

Derdiyok: 49 Matches (Axpo Super League) - 12 Goals, 11 Assists

Saviola: 62 Matches (Liga BBVA) - 18 Goals, 1 Assist

Gomez: 96 Matches (1. Bundesliga) - 46 Goals, 17 Assists

Gomis: 117 Matches (Ligue 1) - 33 Goals, 11 Assists

Fabiano: 88 Matches (Liga BBVA) - 41 Goals, 2 Assists

Fred: 81 Matches (Ligue 1) - 34 Goals, 8 Assists

Zaki: 14 Matches (Premier League) - 8 Goals, 1 Assist

Baptista: 94 Matches (Liga BBVA, Premier League, Serie A) - 16 Goals, 6 Assists

Diane: Who?

Where do you find stats for players?

www.transfermarkt.de

---

Last 4 Years:

Xisco: 41 Matches (Liga BBVA, Premier League) 11 Goals, 1 Assist

Viduka: 85 Matches (Premier League) 28 Goals, 6 Assists

Owen: 57 Matches (Premier League) 25 Goals, 1 Assist

Ameobi: 67 Matches (Championship, Premier League) 15 Goals, 3 Assists

Martins: 104 Matches (Premier League, Serie A) 35 Goals, 7 Assists

*Smith: 63 Matches (Premier League) 1 Goals, 3 Assist

http://z.about.com/d/worldsoccer/1/0/C/3/-/-/craig-bellamy.jpg

[dream]

Although this man would be great if we could get him fit up top with oba...

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/dean-ashton.jpg

Or someone a bit different

Guest The German

Last 4 Years:

Ashton: 74 Matches (Championship, Premier League) 25 Goals, 0 Assists

Bellamy: 76 Matches (Premier League) 24 Goals, 5 Assists

---

Last 4 Years:

Xisco: 41 Matches (Liga BBVA, Premier League) 11 Goals, 1 Assist

Viduka: 85 Matches (Premier League) 28 Goals, 6 Assists

Owen: 57 Matches (Premier League) 25 Goals, 1 Assist

Ameobi: 67 Matches (Championship, Premier League) 15 Goals, 3 Assists