Newcastle United vs Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Thinking about it, I can foresee us holding on to a draw till the last few minutes.

And then my nightmare scenario returns once again and Stevie G dives in the box and scores a jammy penalty to take the 3 points.

Or a deflected 30-yarder.

Liverpool will have better players all over the park tomorrow. We shouldplay 4-3-3, fill the side with big lads and lump it towards them. We'll probably still lose but with the loss of key players in every dept we aren't going to win a match playing good football. Carroll and Xisco to fight for the high balls iwth Owen playing as a moocher.

I reckon we should actually go at them in this game. Play 3-5-2 like the following:

Given

Taylor Coloccini Edgar

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt N'zogbia Duff

Owen Viduka/Carroll

Have Colo' playing the spare man at the back to sweep and the other two could mark man for man. Butt to be the holding player providing cover for the back 3 and then you have Guthrie and Charlie who can link up with the front two hen the big man holds the ball up. I reckon with 2 of our full backs knackered and being at home we should just make a go of it and try to beat them instead of trying to settle for less. Anyone can beat anyone in this league....