West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

God, it's just going to get worse in the papers though, isn't it?  "Wahhh, why is a good player at a club outside the top six, how is he going to single handedly win us the World Cup in four years unless he's playing for Man U or Chelsea, Liverpool need a striker and are interested in the 6 foot 6 centre forward, Drogba's getting old, Man City have money, why haven't they bought the 6 foot 8 target man yet yet, I've heard he's going to Barcelona, Real Madrid have had their head turned by the 8 foot superstar"

Hope he can keep his feet on the ground and not believe his own hype too much.

Just seems like a very simple guy really, so I doubt it. I honestly think part of the reason he's doing so well is due to him revelling in being the number 9 at Newcastle rather than aspirations to play in the top four etc etc etc. Think he'll be at Newcastle for a very long time still and will only ever leave if he is forced to. So just enjoy the hype because it means he's doing really well for Newcastle.

if he scores anywhere near 20 this season he's gone man, first decent looking bid that comes in ashley will accept guaranteed

:)

He was and I've said somewhere else in the last few days that he's made a massive improvement since Christmas.  He’s also much better at the beginning of this season than he was at the end of last season.

As recently as last season I had major doubts about Carroll, and whether he would just be another Shola who had potential to be decent but never improved.

But he looks a lot more mobile and hungry this season, and (fingers crossed) he looks a proper player.

The fact he's a fellow Gatesheadite is just a bonus.

Just don't get injured Andy, please.

Guest firetotheworks

Not to piss on my own, and every one else's bonfire, but it's only been three games that he's played to this standard. He needs to do it at least until November to be considered imo. There's a possibility that it could just be form. Hopefully it's not though, he's been fucking class.

Not to piss on my own, and every one else's bonfire, but it's only been three games that he's played to this standard. He needs to do it at least until November to be considered imo. There's a possibility that it could just be form. Hopefully it's not though, he's been f***ing class.

TBF this isn't really knee-jerk. He's been class since January, having Routledge in the team to add width and to add more dimensions to our play has given him more space to work with and he's reaped the rewards and improved no end. In 10 years time and if he's our record goalscorer, I'd say the reason was Wayne Routledge.

Not to piss on my own, and every one else's bonfire, but it's only been three games that he's played to this standard. He needs to do it at least until November to be considered imo. There's a possibility that it could just be form. Hopefully it's not though, he's been f***ing class.

TBF this isn't really knee-jerk. He's been class since January, having Routledge in the team to add width and to add more dimensions to our play has given him more space to work with and he's reaped the rewards and improved no end. In 10 years time and if he's our record goalscorer, I'd say the reason was Wayne Routledge.

:lol: imagine that