West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But getting freekicks and pens just means you're good at freekicks and pens, don't see why it should detract from someone's total goals. If Carroll was great at them, he would be taking them.

I could possibly see an arguement for discounting penalties, but free kicks? If anything, free kick goals should held in a higher regard, much harder than your average tap in or header past the keeper from 8 yards away.

His argument wasn't discounting either, quite the opposite actualy :lol:

176 behind Shearer...

18 goals a season until he's 32, realistic? Granted we need to at least start getting back into the Europa League regularly in the next 3-4 years because that could add a fair few on.

Not really.

If he does, it won't be for us.

whooa those ads are ubber annoying!

"I don't think Newcastle have really helped things by sticking him alone up front with Nolan (who has regressed into a fat lump) behind him, with the "creativity" coming from Smith and Barton, and wingers with no end-product whatsoever. It will get you results against other relegation candidates but will struggle to win you any points against anyone else. Newcastle really need someone better in midfield and a striker alongside Carroll whose name isn't Ameobi. "

cant really disagree with that!

bloody hell that forum is horrible, how can anyone honestly visit it withought muting the fucking computer?

And I lover it when I read stuff like "Yet another in a long line of overated English strikers imo."

Yeah, the bloke has scored 8 goals so far this season and been one the genuine stand out players, atleast wait till he shows some sort of dip in form before labeling him over-rated :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shearer will have words with him.

"Andy, about Man U..."

"Yeah, I know, Wor Al, turn them down."

"Ho'way, are y'kidding! ITS THE BIGGEST REGRET IN MY CAREER... THREE TIMES!"

I hate the way they are talking about getting him without any problems whatsoever should they want to. Cunts.

They would though.  We might get a very good fee out of it, but if they wanted him he'd be gone.

Aye, they probably would, but the arrogance still bothers me.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/andy-carroll-306115/index4.html

If they want to give us Berbatov and a cool £10m, then no problem...

sounds like a bad deal to me! 10m into ashley's pocket and we're left with a striker who only has a few seasons left at the top. (he's late twenties now, isn't he?) Plus, I don't see how Berbatov would contribute more to the side than Carroll. Not in our current NUFC team anyway.

Ashley hasn't sold anyone decent since our relegation so I don't know where this notion that he'd accept silly money for our players has come from.

Despite being an utter utter twat, the guy is a shrewd businessman and i'm pretty sure he'd rinse every penny out of the sale of one of our top players.

Ashley hasn't sold anyone decent since our relegation so I don't know where this notion that he'd accept silly money for our players has come from.

Despite being an utter utter twat, the guy is a shrewd businessman and i'm pretty sure he'd rinse every penny out of the sale of one of our top players.

we haven't had any players worthy of a "silly money" bid since ashley came in really, carroll is about the first imo

think people are assuming he'd take the first decent looking offer due to his previous in being a fucking dickhead in everything football related

If Carroll becomes half as good as Shearer was at his best, he'll be out the door.

If Carroll can maintain this level of form, he'll surpass the league totals Shearer achieved in his last 5 seasons, even without penalties.

I think he's on the verge of being as good as Shearer post-injury.