West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is written that fat Mike's next loathsome act will be to sell Carroll. No doubt about it.

If he does it in this transfer window, relegation will be almost a certainty - nobody else will get goals and I cannot see Ashley allowing much of the fee to be spent.

It is written that fat Mike's next loathsome act will be to sell Carroll. No doubt about it.

If he does it in this transfer window, relegation will be almost a certainty - nobody else will get goals and I cannot see Ashley allowing much of the fee to be spent.

True. But I doubt he'll go in January.

Random fact but apparently he has scored in more premier league games than any player this season.

Would rather have that than a Berbatov scoring 5 in one match and then none in the next 5.

Absolutely brilliant the way he goes up for those crosses. Even though I think he should've scored one more, shortly after the 0-2. Massive opportunity.

No point in selling him - even for Fat Ashley. If he wants a buyer for this club, he needs the potential buyer to see some potential in the club. Right now - this clubs future and potential IS Carroll - so if he let him go. He won't have anything to sell to a buyer in the future...

...and IF he did. On a 5½ year contract, very young, always scoring and harrassing the defence - and with the shitload of cash City has, we could, and should, get at least £30-40 millions. But I don't think so. He's here to stay and to make sure Newcastle that rise up back to where we belong!

He is our team at the minute.  Sell him and I think it all fall to pieces very quickly.  He is our only striker of note - the rest are not up to much.  Ranger is promising and is good at being a nuisance and causing panic but heaven help us if we have to reply on him for goals.

I hope Ashley will see the value of building a team around him as the club is more valuable with Carroll here.  The club are getting a lot of publicity on the back of Carroll being a Newcastle player and that means (although I hate to say it) more publicity for his other business.  Also, a higher profile Newcastle United on the back of an exciting young player is surely more likely to attract a buyer rather than a nondescript average to poor club with average and dull players.

As always it depends what Ashley wants out of Newcastle and none of us have a clue about that.

He is our team at the minute.  Sell him and I think it all fall to pieces very quickly.  He is our only striker of note - the rest are not up to much.  Ranger is promising and is good at being a nuisance and causing panic but heaven help us if we have to reply on him for goals.

I hope Ashley will see the value of building a team around him as the club is more valuable with Carroll here.  The club are getting a lot of publicity on the back of Carroll being a Newcastle player and that means (although I hate to say it) more publicity for his other business.  Also, a higher profile Newcastle United on the back of an exciting young player is surely more likely to attract a buyer rather than a nondescript average to poor club with average and dull players.

As always it depends what Ashley wants out of Newcastle and none of us have a clue about that.

I'd say him and Barton are our two most important players.

I'd say him and Barton are our two most important players.

True but without Carroll, who would take advantage of Barton's crosses.  Nolan occasionally but that is it.

I'm starting to get worried about him leaving now.

I'm not, can't see him kicking off and there is no evidence of this "Ashley flogs all our best players" myth that comes out pretty much every window.

He sells when they want to leave, I don't like him one bit but there is enough to hate the bloke for without making stuff up.