West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Liverpool's a big club with history showing ambition by making bids like this, and will no doubt be offering mega wages. we're a club still in limbo to an extent, constantly fucking things up with a shit unambitious owner. so i can totally understand why he'd want to take the chance at moving.

had it been the likes of Spurs i don't think he'd have gone - this is probably his one big move in his career and he'll be in their first team for the next decade much like Gerrard and it will cement his role in the england first XI. of course real madrid could come along in a couple of years offering £70m in which case we'll have been taken for mugs.

Definitely siding with the Carroll-wanted-out view. Why are Spurs and Liverpool even making such serious bids unless they knew that the player is interested in joining them? No doubt his agent has been in cahoots with a number of clubs for some time now.

Don't really buy the Ashley PR arguement either. It's pretty clear now that he doesn't care one bit what we think, after everything he's done and the numerous times he's had us up in arms. Why bother forcing a player to submit a transfer request if merely selling him isn't going to have the Newcastle fans do anything other than repeat "damn that Mike Ashley", which he's used to by now?

Why hand in a transfer request now? He could easily move any time. Surely he'd stay at his boyhood club as the new #9 for a few more years? I can't see what is in it for him.

Especially when handing in a trasfer request would effectively bar him ever returning.

Unfuckingbelievable. :no:

It would bar him from partying in Newcastle. Boo fucking hoo. As if that's a big fucking deal. His family will still love him, his mates will still be mates with him, and I bet you that's going to be the case. And no one will give him shit when he's shopping for groceries in Tescos.

Maybe Liverpool said to Chelsea- we will sell you Torres if you loan Newcastle Sturridge so we can buy Carroll.

I could live with that.

Me too. Someone said he has already been loaned out to Bolton though :*(

Sturridge has been shit every single time I've seen him play, why would we want him at all? I'd genuinely prefer Shola.

People blaming Carroll are just stupid and ignorant there are no other words to describe them. Well actually there are.......

If Ashley didn't want to sell him he wouldn't have. Atletico Madrid didn't want to sell Aguero so they didn't despite the Spuds rumoured 38M offer. If NUFC weren't prepared to sell Carroll I don't believe for one minute he would have left or wanted to leave.

Carroll didn't have to put in a transfer request when we'd rejected two offers which I'm sure Ashley would have snapped Liverpool's hands off for if this was all about cash if he didn't want to go.

Ive no idea why you would trust the words of men who were proven in court to have previously lied to fans specifically to protect their image.

They now come out mid silence all day & state that theyve declined a 2nd offer, whilst david craig reports that the deal still isnt over & how we'd spend the money & you can see no motive behind releasing that statement no ?

Carroll isnt free from blame. He obviously wanted a pay increase. The reality is that im pretty sure we could have kept him if we'd increased his contract & i see no reason why Ashley would have attempted to try over taking the money.

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

Oh f*** off.

How many people is that you've directly insulted over the last couple of days? :lol:

... Still as long as the cuntish magic word isn't typed.

He's talking bollocks man.

I'm sick of the "I'm sat up here on my high horse. Oh you naive little fools, how wrong you are and right I am" attitude. There's no proof that it was a PR exercise, other than sayso and rumour.

As far as the official line goes, we rejected a bid, Carroll handed in a transfer request and so we had to go back and accept the Liverpool bid.

Liverpool will become a long ball team.

Both NE clubs were doing well - who would have thought they would BOTH lose their star strikers this window?!

That'll teach me to gloat at Bent's move!

Christ, I can just imagine the gloating over there.  Fucking hell.  At least we got more for ours! ;)

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

You are Ashley's favourite fan. He must wish every Geordie was as naive as you are.

Aye, and I bet your one the people that believe ashley has made money while at NUFC.

Fact is Ashley showed some ambition by signing Ben Arfa this month when he didn't have to.

How much?

I'll transfer £100 to the server account right away if you can find proof. If you can't, you do it.

Well he bought the club for £125M.

Has take on £100M worth of debt and Loans.

Has put in £20M for each for the last 3 seasons.

What the fuck are you on about? Are you drunk?

£100 for you to find proof that I'm 'one of those people who believe that Ashley has made money at NUFC'.

Yes or no? If you can't, transfer £100 into the server account.

I could cry now. Seriously

Do take a pic and post it here.  I need a laugh.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UzyNJj4OUDU/Sp-yvyFg5II/AAAAAAAAAXE/TESEaMKZxl8/s400/dawsons-ugly-cry.jpg

Sorry my hair's out of business :lol: