West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

you're not going to criticise carroll for being part of the plot to mislead nufc fans, then??

He's not the mastermind.

But you a gree with the theory, so that means you believe carroll sold out NUFC fans for a bit of money.

No s***. And it's not a 'bit of money'. It's a huge sum. And it doesn't jeopardise his relationship with the people that he actually cares about. You think Carroll gives a f*** about the average football fan? Come on, this is not a movie.

The shit you're spouting certainly sounds like one.  Just get over the fact the best thing to come out of Newcastle football wise is getting the fuck out for good. 

Guest bluegeordie

I think it's pure (and therefore pointless) speculation as to what exact roles Ashley, Carroll, Pardew etc have played in the unfolding and public presentation of this deal. In my opinion, I think the crucial point is that, for a club in our position, 35 million quid is simply too much money to turn down for a volatile personality like Carroll, whose potential may or may not ever be realised (personally, I still have my doubts, although I realise that these doubts are not shared by many).

Providing we can survive in the PL this season, and then invest (even half of) this money astutely - in Enriques, Tiote, Ben Arfe, and Bassong type deals - then I don't believe this will prove to have been a bad piece of business. We should end up with a much deeper squad, which could hopefully push for a top six place, without relying on freakish good luck with injuries. Once we've consolidated a top six spot over two or three seasons, then we might begin to think about having 40 million quid players in our squad, or in our sights, but in my opinion we're nowhere near that stage right now.  

Will the current regime follow the path that I've outlined above? Possibly not, perhaps even probably not, but then if they're irretrievably fucked then whether we kept Carroll or not in this transfer window was never going to be decisive.    

apropos of nothing

And he faces a two-day FA hearing in London on February 16 and 17 to settle a row with agent Peter Harrison.

Tyneside-based Harrison says he has Carroll under contract until March and is owed a fee from the five-year deal signed in October.

But the star insists he told Harrison he was switching to rival agent Mark Curtis more than a year ago.

After all this club has done for him, after what Nolan and his family went through for him.... bet the squad are furious.

Should deffos be interesting to hear what the likes of Nolan and Barton have to say about it. Nolan really stuck his neck out for nothing.

Why hand in a transfer request now? He could easily move any time. Surely he'd stay at his boyhood club as the new #9 for a few more years? I can't see what is in it for him.

Especially when handing in a trasfer request would effectively bar him ever returning.

Unfuckingbelievable. :no:

It would bar him from partying in Newcastle. Boo fucking hoo. As if that's a big fucking deal. His family will still love him, his mates will still be mates with him, and I bet you that's going to be the case. And no one will give him shit when he's shopping for groceries in Tescos.

Look if I ever felt uncomfortable returning to Newcastle it would be absolutely devastating to me, but I did not say that.

I was talking about returning to the club he says he loves. Why would he choose to rule that out?

He's not. Some of our fans are quite fickle. You think if we start challenging and Liverpool hang around the top 6, their new owners leave and now all of a sudden we make a bid for him, he's going to say no because he's afraid to come back? Or that this scenario is ruled out? He'll be the white knight, coming back to help us go to the CL and win some trophies.

And him returning is such an unlikely scenario. The probability of it happening is so miniscule that he'd be an idiot if he took it into consideration during this whole business.

Handing in a transfer request when the club he loves has done nowt but stand by him through a lot of bad shit is beyond disgusting imo. Thought he was one of us, he isn't. If we were holding him back i'd understand it, but were not, were both developing nicely together and could have for the next couple of years.

What a time to go, what a disastrous way to do it only hours after saying you want to stay put. The club has handled this is probably the best way possible, Carroll however looks like a prized twat, but we all know how stupid he is and how easily led, agents rule football and the wages Liverpool will offer now are something we hoped to offer him in 2 or 3 years time. Money talks and bullshit (Carroll) walks.

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

Oh f*** off.

How many people is that you've directly insulted over the last couple of days? :lol:

... Still as long as the cuntish magic word isn't typed.

He's talking bollocks man.

I'm sick of the "I'm sat up here on my high horse. Oh you naive little fools, how wrong you are and right I am" attitude. There's no proof that it was a PR exercise, other than sayso and rumour.

As far as the official line goes, we rejected a bid, Carroll handed in a transfer request and so we had to go back and accept the Liverpool bid.

How many times has the 'official line' been proven to be absolutely false, though? Ask yourself that, and then ask yourself how everyone involved in this whole transfer saga comes out smelling like roses to the people they want to smell like roses to, and surely you have to be somewhat suspicious. If you're not, like I said, you're incredibly naive.

Guest neesy111

Handing in a transfer request when the club he loves has done nowt but stand by him through a lot of bad shit is beyond disgusting imo. Thought he was one of us, he isn't. If we were holding him back i'd understand it, but were not, were both developing nicely together and could have for the next couple of years.

What a time to go, what a disastrous way to do it only hours after saying you want to stay put. The club has handled this is probably the best way possible, Carroll however looks like a prized twat, but we all know how stupid he is and how easily led, agents rule football and the wages Liverpool will offer now are something we hoped to offer him in 2 or 3 years time. Money talks and bullshit (Carroll) walks.

Very well put. :clap:

It wouldn't be so bad if we had decent players lined up, but it's quite plain to see Lambsarse is tralling around trying to buy shite like carlton cole or the likes.

This i'd imagine is why Hughton went and Alan "Yes Sir" Pardew was brought in so he wouldn't kick up a massive fuss when this happened. The Carroll transfer has been on the cards because Ashley knew with his form that he'd attract top doller in Jan and he'd be able to make some of his money back.

Hope people just don't turn up and drain the club of all it's resources because that's the only way to get rid of the fat twat from taking the piss out of everyone.

Why hand in a transfer request now? He could easily move any time. Surely he'd stay at his boyhood club as the new #9 for a few more years? I can't see what is in it for him.

Especially when handing in a trasfer request would effectively bar him ever returning.

Unfuckingbelievable. :no:

It would bar him from partying in Newcastle. Boo fucking hoo. As if that's a big fucking deal. His family will still love him, his mates will still be mates with him, and I bet you that's going to be the case. And no one will give him shit when he's shopping for groceries in Tescos.

Look if I ever felt uncomfortable returning to Newcastle it would be absolutely devastating to me, but I did not say that.

I was talking about returning to the club he says he loves. Why would he choose to rule that out?

He's not. Some of our fans are quite fickle. You think if we start challenging and Liverpool hang around the top 6, their new owners leave and now all of a sudden we make a bid for him, he's going to say no because he's afraid to come back? Or that this scenario is ruled out? He'll be the white knight, coming back to help us go to the CL and win some trophies.

And him returning is such an unlikely scenario. The probability of it happening is so miniscule that he'd be an idiot if he took it into consideration during this whole business.

Nah, you're right. Fuck the sentiment, fuck the town and anyone who invested faith in him, hand in the trasfer request, and grab the cash.

Joy.