West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest VegasToon

Maybe Liverpool said to Chelsea- we will sell you Torres if you loan Newcastle Sturridge so we can buy Carroll.

I could live with that.

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

Oh fuck off.

How many people is that you've directly insulted over the last couple of days? :lol:

... Still as long as the cuntish magic word isn't typed.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

People blaming Carroll are just stupid and ignorant there are no other words to describe them. Well actually there are.......

If Ashley didn't want to sell him he wouldn't have. Atletico Madrid didn't want to sell Aguero so they didn't despite the Spuds rumoured 38M offer. If NUFC weren't prepared to sell Carroll I don't believe for one minute he would have left or wanted to leave.

No player shouldn't be kept here against their will! It's a huge fee indeed and it's way much more than any player is really worth in our current squad

Who cares about money?

Macdonald on the legends now saying its time for Ranger to get himself together and step up

hopefully he will step up. he need to feel the confidence from Pardew.

He's a striker who can't finish. He's as much a genuine replacement for Andy Carroll as Michael Owen was for Ronaldo.

Why hand in a transfer request now? He could easily move any time. Surely he'd stay at his boyhood club as the new #9 for a few more years? I can't see what is in it for him.

Especially when handing in a trasfer request would effectively bar him ever returning.

Unfuckingbelievable. :no:

Guest neesy111

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

You are Ashley's favourite fan. He must wish every Geordie was as naive as you are.

Aye, and I bet your one the people that believe ashley has made money while at NUFC.

Fact is Ashley showed some ambition by signing Ben Arfa this month when he didn't have to.

How much?

I'll transfer £100 to the server account right away if you can find proof. If you can't, you do it.

Well he bought the club for £125M.

Has take on £100M worth of debt and Loans.

Has put in £20M for each for the last 3 seasons.

Guest guinness_fiend

People blaming Carroll are just stupid and ignorant there are no other words to describe them. Well actually there are.......

If Ashley didn't want to sell him he wouldn't have. Atletico Madrid didn't want to sell Aguero so they didn't despite the Spuds rumoured 38M offer. If NUFC weren't prepared to sell Carroll I don't believe for one minute he would have left or wanted to leave.

No player shouldn't be kept here against their will! It's a huge fee indeed and it's way much more than any player is really worth in our current squad

Who cares about money?

Carroll?  I'm sure he'll look fetching in his new Porsche.

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

you're not going to criticise carroll for being part of the plot to mislead nufc fans, then??

He's not the mastermind.

But you a gree with the theory, so that means you believe carroll sold out NUFC fans for a bit of money.

Guest Loven11

I'm gutted about this but we'll have to move on from this, I just hope we can get a striker in tonight.

A lot of money though and hopefully it will be spent on new players ( not holding my breath though ).