West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK I'm tried of arguing with all the delusional people who are making up conspiracy theories as they go, they are not even consistent with each trying to outdo the other to see who is more delusional. At least band together in a room and come out with a consistent believable story line.  :lol:

My only concern now is how much of that money are we gonna spend this transfer window and who are we gonna get to replace Carroll with such limited time left. I'll be fucking livid if all we get in is Ireland  :angry:

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

If that is true then it will come out, for now all we know is that Carroll handed in a transfer request.  He's probably seen mega £ signs and gone for it.

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Meant to say Carroll transfer request has 'conveniently' taken heat off #nufc hierarchy...

Meant to say Carroll transfer request has 'conveniently' taken heat off #nufc hierarchy...

And yes. Time for a new hero. Ranger.

Guest neesy111

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

Explain why we didnt make a definitive statement saying Carroll wasnt for sale today if he was not on offer.

Liverpool didn't with Fernando Torres and he's joining Chelsea isn't he.

People blaming Carroll are just stupid and ignorant there are no other words to describe them. Well actually there are.......

If Ashley didn't want to sell him he wouldn't have. Atletico Madrid didn't want to sell Aguero so they didn't despite the Spuds rumoured 38M offer. If NUFC weren't prepared to sell Carroll I don't believe for one minute he would have left or wanted to leave.

Carroll didn't have to put in a transfer request when we'd rejected two offers which I'm sure Ashley would have snapped Liverpool's hands off for if this was all about cash if he didn't want to go.

Guest guinness_fiend

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

I look forward to you showing me evidence in support of this.  All we know up to now is that Carroll has submitted a transfer request.

There's no point acting all holier than thou when you have as

People blaming Carroll are just stupid and ignorant there are no other words to describe them. Well actually there are.......

If Ashley didn't want to sell him he wouldn't have. Atletico Madrid didn't want to sell Aguero so they didn't despite the Spuds rumoured 38M offer. If NUFC weren't prepared to sell Carroll I don't believe for one minute he would have left or wanted to leave.

:lol:

Carroll didn't have to put in a transfer request when we'd rejected two offers which I'm sure Ashley would have snapped Liverpool's hands off for if this was all about cash if he didn't want to go.

this

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did.

How ?

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

Explain why we didnt make a definitive statement saying Carroll wasnt for sale today if he was not on offer.

Liverpool didn't with Fernando Torres and he's joining Chelsea isn't he.

Yes..... the side not ruling out a transfer are selling their player

and this helps you how

Gutted. But high high risk for Liverpool - like someone said there are similarities to the Anelka to Real Madrid deal. Liverpool havent got any decent wingers (Kuyt, lol) so hardly will play to his strengths - whereas we have changed our whole system to play around him. I do think 35m really could have gotten them so much better, but smacks of severe desperation. 2 new strikers doesnt cover the fact their defence bar Agger is crap, and midfield bar Gerrard and Meireles is crap. If they were to offer pick of any players in exchange except Gerrard, there really wouldn't be anyone I would want to take.

RE Carroll I'm very disappointed in him, personally. I was impressed the club knocked back two HUGE fees (more than he's worth to be fair) but if he said he didnt want to go - he wouldnt be going simple as that. Liverpool is not exactly the quietest city in the world, lots of potential for trouble arising for him - would Liverpool back him in the same way as us?

Potentially 40M in the coffers though - not bad. Should we stay up, it could be an exciting summer - I refuse to believe they won't spend a vast chunk of the cash on the first team.

No player shouldn't be kept here against their will! It's a huge fee indeed and it's way much more than any player is really worth in our current squad

Guest neesy111

Fact is, those blaming Ashley for whole thing most likely still have had an hidden agenda against him still and are twisting this situation as a way to discredit him.

this.

Not this.

They did.

How ?

You are Ashley's favourite fan. He must wish every Geordie was as naive as you are.

Aye, and I bet your one the people that believe ashley has made money while at NUFC.

Fact is Ashley showed some ambition by signing Ben Arfa this month when he didn't have to.

How much?

I'll transfer £100 to the server account right away if you can find proof. If you can't, you do it.

Carroll when he signed his new deal: “It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price."

So when he finds out they are prepared to sell him, even for stupid money, it changes his feeling.  Simple as that.

What, by rejecting a record fee for him?

Then accepting a bigger one, yes.

They accepted the same deal, only after Carroll asked to leave.  But of course Ashley used his mind control to make him put in the request.  I'm honestly astounded at the stupidity of this conspiracy bullshit, and thats saying something considering this is the internet.

Guest rosstoon

When the dust settles we will all realise that £35m for a player with 6months experience who thrives on wing play and long balls will be a good deal for us. Liverpool do not put much in the box - He will flop there i am sure of that - We have to move on although its not what we all wanted