West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brazilianbob

So thats 3 players out in this transfer window, Carroll, Xisco and Routledge, and only one in, Ben Arfa, who possibly wont play any part this season.    Now .com are saying Ireland has failed his medical.  So no meaningfull transfers in and if our squad was threadbare before its ridiculous now.

I could cry now. Seriously

Do take a pic and post it here.  I need a laugh.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UzyNJj4OUDU/Sp-yvyFg5II/AAAAAAAAAXE/TESEaMKZxl8/s400/dawsons-ugly-cry.jpg

Sorry my hair's out of business :lol:

Hahahahahaha....  well played, mate!

He's talking bollocks man.

I'm sick of the "I'm sat up here on my high horse. Oh you naive little fools, how wrong you are and right I am" attitude. There's no proof that it was a PR exercise, other than sayso and rumour.

As far as the official line goes, we rejected a bid, Carroll handed in a transfer request and so we had to go back and accept the Liverpool bid.

Because it makes complete sense to trust what they feed you regardless of their dodgy history of feeding people pigshit

Aslong as we can call it the official line, who cares who writes it. Genius.

Guest neesy111

I don't care who's 'to blame' TBH, Ashley should have knocked back the bid and Carroll should have said he was desperate to stay at the club he loves. Either could have stopped this happening

If we get relegated now we can have no complaints at all.

No point at all in having a player who said he loved the club and fans staying after submitting a transfer request.  I'm sure his team mates would have loved that.

He could have been a legend here. No doubt imo that he will become a great and will be the future of the England team, winning medals, trophies and playing for the top top teams. But he really could have been a legend here. Something i honestly think he'll look back on at the end of his career and regret.

what like Shearer? scoring loads and winning fuck all? If anything the Shearer phenomenon should tell Carroll to get a move to a club with a genuine chance of silverware.

Why hand in a transfer request now? He could easily move any time. Surely he'd stay at his boyhood club as the new #9 for a few more years? I can't see what is in it for him.

Especially when handing in a trasfer request would effectively bar him ever returning.

Unfuckingbelievable. :no:

It would bar him from partying in Newcastle. Boo fucking hoo. As if that's a big fucking deal. His family will still love him, his mates will still be mates with him, and I bet you that's going to be the case. And no one will give him shit when he's shopping for groceries in Tescos.

Look if I ever felt uncomfortable returning to Newcastle it would be absolutely devastating to me, but I did not say that.

I was talking about returning to the club he says he loves. Why would he choose to rule that out?

I don't care who's 'to blame' TBH, Ashley should have knocked back the bid and Carroll should have said he was desperate to stay at the club he loves. Either could have stopped this happening

If we get relegated now we can have no complaints at all.

I thought that Ashley did knock back the bid.

He's talking bollocks man.

I'm sick of the "I'm sat up here on my high horse. Oh you naive little fools, how wrong you are and right I am" attitude. There's no proof that it was a PR exercise, other than sayso and rumour.

As far as the official line goes, we rejected a bid, Carroll handed in a transfer request and so we had to go back and accept the Liverpool bid.

Because it makes complete sense to trust what they feed you regardless of their dodgy history of feeding people pigshit

Aslong as we can call it the official line, who cares who writes it. Genius.

What? Because it makes more sense to completely make up the suggestion that Ashley forced Carroll to hand in a transfer request? Aye whatever :rolleyes:

We'd have to be mental to reject £35m for any of our players, none of them are worth that.

If Carroll's handed in a transfer request, which is what everyone's saying, then even if you're mental enough to think he's worth that kind of money, you still can't seriously be blaming the club, can you!?!

SSN are saying that we initially rejected the £35m and it was only when he handed in the transfer request that we accepted it.

You've got to be unbelievably one-eyed to not think this is not in the club's best interests and surely what's in the club's best interests is ultimately what we all want as NUFC fans, isn't it?

Agree with most of your post, I really don't think going into the last months of the season with a strikeforce of Ameobi, Best, Lövenkrands and Ranger is in the best interest of the club. It would have been far better to keep Carroll the rest of the season and sell him for £25m in the summer.

It's not, however that's a related, but separate issue. I really hope we managed to get someone decent in, even if it's on loan, but we do have some time to sort that out and because of that I think they had to go with it. If it had been literally a last minute thing then you'd probably be right to say that it would have been better to wait 'til the summer, but as it is I think it's a risk they had to take, hopefully they'll manage to get someone in.

At least 57% of the people on this board (who voted) have fallen for a classic PR exercise.

you're not going to criticise carroll for being part of the plot to mislead nufc fans, then??

He's not the mastermind.

But you a gree with the theory, so that means you believe carroll sold out NUFC fans for a bit of money.

No shit. And it's not a 'bit of money'. It's a huge sum. And it doesn't jeopardise his relationship with the people that he actually cares about. You think Carroll gives a fuck about the average football fan? Come on, this is not a movie.

He could have been a legend here. No doubt imo that he will become a great and will be the future of the England team, winning medals, trophies and playing for the top top teams. But he really could have been a legend here. Something i honestly think he'll look back on at the end of his career and regret.

what like Shearer? scoring loads and winning f*** all? If anything the Shearer phenomenon should tell Carroll to get a move to a club with a genuine chance of silverware.

That isn't Liverpool.

Guest neesy111

what like Shearer? scoring loads and winning fuck all? If anything the Shearer phenomenon should tell Carroll to get a move to a club with a genuine chance of silverware.

Most footballers end up with fuck all in their careers.  Only a select few do.  Also liverpool will not win a trophy for a long time imo.