West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

You are Ashley's favourite fan. He must wish every Geordie was as naive as you are.

I'm absolutely gutted that this is going through, but I don't think you can blame any club of our stature accepting this sort of money for a player. I also can't see Carroll wanting to leave to the extent that he's put a transfer request in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's something along the lines of deliberate forfeiture of a loyalty bonus (if he's due one).

It's one of those things unfortunately. If (and it's a big if), the money is reinvested, it could make the team better. Don't get me wrong, the passionate football fan in me would rather keep Carroll than reinvest the whole lot on other players, but Spurs did it for a few years with Berbatov and Carrick and look where they are now.

Thats the one positive, the hope that we'll now improve as a team.

As a football fan though its so gutting when its one of your own. Suppose its what Everton did with Rooney.

Guest neesy111

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did.

How ?

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

You are Ashley's favourite fan. He must wish every Geordie was as naive as you are.

Aye, and I bet your one the people that believe ashley has made money while at NUFC.

Fact is Ashley showed some ambition by signing Ben Arfa this month when he didn't have to.

Carroll when he signed his new deal: It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price."

So when he finds out they are prepared to sell him, even for stupid money, it changes his feeling.  Simple as that.

Aye dead simple that like...

this.

Not this.

They did.

How ?

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

Explain why we didnt make a definitive statement saying Carroll wasnt for sale today if he was not on offer.

Official site confirming written transfer was requested. Blame lies with player if thats the case, a player can still reject a contract even though a bid has been accepted. Ashley rubbing his fucking hands with this as well.. this is exactly what i knew we would become under Ashley - Feeder club  :kinnear: :weep:

Right. Will we buy before midnight?

David Craig'll be on SSN as the door slams shut.

"Mike and derek have done everything possible to get someone in at such a late stage but haven't been able to do any business. But they promise me they'll spend big in  the summer"..................probably.

Maybe the Pardster will walk.

Unlike King Kev the fromer glazier does not have mega bucks in the bank to do so.

Nor Morals. He took the job before Chris Hughton was fired ffs.

He was absolutely desperate and signed on to take it in whichever way Ashley wanted him to.

A yes man if ever I've seen one ffs.

Guest Brazilianbob

We should try and hijack Charlie Adam from Blackpool, then go for Van Wolfswinkel.    Some were joking about seeing Heskey in Newcastle, perhaps it wasn't a joke!  Whats the odds that Carroll has never been injured and he has been kept in mothballs pending his anticipated sale in Jan

Guest TrueToon

We have been doing OK without Carroll,Forget it,No player is bigger than this club..We will move on just like we did with Hughton..

People blaming Carroll are just stupid and ignorant there are no other words to describe them. Well actually there are.......

If Ashley didn't want to sell him he wouldn't have. Atletico Madrid didn't want to sell Aguero so they didn't despite the Spuds rumoured 38M offer. If NUFC weren't prepared to sell Carroll I don't believe for one minute he would have left or wanted to leave.