West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We received 35M for a local lad who'd started to show signs of being a player.  I don't believe he really wanted to leave but his agent will have seen £ signs and the club were being offered a huge unexpected cash windfall.

I'll applaud him, he's a knacker but he did great for us and his sale which was seen as a disaster has proven a bit of a god send. He certainly doesn't deserve to be booed.

The agent was employed by Liverpool to do the deal, apparently.

We received 35M for a local lad who'd started to show signs of being a player.  I don't believe he really wanted to leave but his agent will have seen £ signs and the club were being offered a huge unexpected cash windfall.

I'll applaud him, he's a knacker but he did great for us and his sale which was seen as a disaster has proven a bit of a god send. He certainly doesn't deserve to be booed.

The agent was employed by Liverpool to do the deal, apparently.

Wasn't it said at the time that when the bids started coming in that Carroll's agent was telling him to ask us to increase his salary? Carroll doesn't come across as the type with a burning desire to play for the big clubs. He seemed happy enough doing his thing up here and being a tit around town.

If that's actually an agent he's a complete and utter idiot who's just destroyed his credibility and his business.

What are you banging on about?

not that hard to figure out really is it

Clearly. :lol:  :thup:

Carroll signed a new improved contract and only a couple of months later turned round and demanded another improved one otherwise he'd leave. I cant see how anyone can say he dosent deserve to be booed for that.

For me I'd probably say Enrique dosent deserve to be booed after his services, or at least applause initially, coming through such a nightmare time for the club and coming out the other end with the club in a better place, regardless of his discontent in the last 6 months. Most fans thought selling Nolan & Barton we're mistakes and thought the club were going down the route of selling anyone on a decent wage.

what irked me more than anything when Carroll was sold was the sob stories on how didn't want to leave blah blah blah, once just once I'd like to see a player be honest and just say "yes I did want to leave because they offered to double my pay"

the whole Jose leaving was clear for 6 months even if I went into a state of denial over it, while his reasoning for leaving (in particular I believe he thought he'd be more likely to get into the spain squad at Liverpool) I can better understand, after all he hasn't got ties to the club anywhere near the level of Carroll but the way he went about getting his move left a bad taste in the mouth

Andy Carroll is a sacrificial victim, the local boy made good who we cast out in exchange for building a s***-hot exciting team. Unfortunately it is a matter of basic cosmology that he is going to get booed - that's his position in life now, the role he has had assigned to him (pawn that he is, in the bigger picture).

Symbolically, he's the anti-Shearer: Shearer arrived for a lot of money, and hung around for a long time (maybe too long, hard as it can be to say). Conversely, Carroll arrived for nothing, hardly stuck around, and was unwitting cause to a gigantic f***ing windfall. There's no way he could ever be a hero of Newcastle United, but he could, literally speaking, be a legendary one - the Gateshead lad who allowed himself to be stripped of everything (career, dignity) for the better of the collective (and a pocketful of dough).

Funnily enough one can also approach his travails at Liverpool through the trope of the sacrificial victim. Think about The Wicker Man: in hope of a brighter tomorrow, the lumbering, immobile testament to waste is brought to ruin before the eyes of a miserable Scottish wretch, as the realization visibly dawns on him that he's in over his head, and definitely too old for this kind of s****.

Nice.  :lol:

This is amazing :lol:

Funnily enough one can also approach his travails at Liverpool through the trope of the sacrificial victim. Think about The Wicker Man: in hope of a brighter tomorrow, the lumbering, immobile testament to waste is brought to ruin before the eyes of a miserable Scottish wretch, as the realization visibly dawns on him that he's in over his head, and definitely too old for this kind of s****.

:memelol:

I'm sure he'll get booed, but the bloke hasn't done anything wrong. We were willing to sell at that price and he was offered a lot more money. It wasn't like he threatened to go on strike or anything.

It's a very unhappy situation for him at Liverpool, because even if he hits his best form, it's probably dawned on the club that he isn't even the type of player that they should have been looking for. His best use with them is as an impact sub, but I don't know if they've admitted that to themselves yet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4230649/Andy-Carroll-begs-Newcastle-fans-Please-dont-hate-me.html

Christ, the kids desperate! I think a bad reception here would kill him

He would then realise he has no love anywhere

Part of me thinks fuck it give him both barrells, but im starting to feel genuinely sorry for him

Will never feel sorry for him, it's like you forgetting to buy your lass some flowers so she goes and fucks someone else then realises that bloke is a complete cunt and wants you back.

Fuck her, the fucking slag bitch whore!

Guest reefatoon

Booing is s**** if you ask me.

Much better to hurl verbal abuse at players and possibly sing offensive songs about how they like to shag grannies or their brothers lass etc etc

Booing is for pantomimes, not football.

Hhmm, seemed to work great when done to Owen last season.  It was fantastic.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4230649/Andy-Carroll-begs-Newcastle-fans-Please-dont-hate-me.html

Part of me thinks fuck it give him both barrells, but im starting to feel genuinely sorry for him

Will never feel sorry for him, it's like you forgetting to buy your lass some flowers so she goes and fucks someone else then realises that bloke is a complete cunt and wants you back.

not the first 21 year old to make a bad decision like

not the first 21 year old to make a bad decision like

No, no she wasn't  :no:

Guest Stephen927

"I've always had a good relationship with the Newcastle fans and it stems back to playing for them."

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/210/116/youdontsay.jpg

Guest neesy111

We always seem to boo Charles Nzogbia who usually scores..

He scored twice in 1 game.  Hasn't scored in the last 3 games against us.

i'm all for booing, whistling and jeering the opposition whenever they have the ball and i have no problem with applauding opposition teams/players after the game if they have been particularly good.

I'm sure he'll get booed, but the bloke hasn't done anything wrong. We were willing to sell at that price and he was offered a lot more money. It wasn't like he threatened to go on strike or anything.

It's a very unhappy situation for him at Liverpool, because even if he hits his best form, it's probably dawned on the club that he isn't even the type of player that they should have been looking for. His best use with them is as an impact sub, but I don't know if they've admitted that to themselves yet.

I think asking for an improved contract months after singing a new one is wrong, and implies he was thinking of the money first. Canny disgraceful if you ask me. I understand we were probably wanting the money, but why go and ask for more money? If you wanted to stay why not just say 'I want to stay' and wait to see if any bid is accepted? Why hand in a transfer request? He'd been given the number 9 and was talking about what a dream it was as a young Geordie to be wearing it, banging them in, and he does that a few months later?

Guest Chubby Jason

How much do you reckon you'd get for selling his ponytail on eBay? If I ever see him sleeping in a club in one of his stupors the first thing 'll be doing is asking for a pair of scissors and lopping that thing off.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0909/dive-dive-dive-september-challenge-military-calling-mr-limpe-demotivational-poster-1254143251.jpg