West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shevchenko, like Torres did not fit Chelsea's style at all, imo. He also joined at a time where there was no incentive to change the style for him as Drogba was one of the world's best strikers and Chelsea were probably one of the top 3-4 teams on the planet.

Actually, Drogba wasn't one of the world's best strikers when Sheva joined. He was expected to be completely marginalised by Sheva's arrival, but he scored a superb goal away to Blackburn after coming off the bench early in the season and basically went on to have the season of his life when Jose rewarded him with a start in the next game, emerging as the great player everyone knows and loves - at the one-paced Sheva's expense.

Enjoyed the match last night? :facepalm:

Shevchenko, like Torres did not fit Chelsea's style at all, imo. He also joined at a time where there was no incentive to change the style for him as Drogba was one of the world's best strikers and Chelsea were probably one of the top 3-4 teams on the planet.

Actually, Drogba wasn't one of the world's best strikers when Sheva joined. He was expected to be completely marginalised by Sheva's arrival, but he scored a superb goal away to Blackburn after coming off the bench early in the season and basically went on to have the season of his life when Jose rewarded him with a start in the next game, emerging as the great player everyone knows and loves - at the one-paced Sheva's expense.

To be fair, he's right. Drogba completely outclassed Shevchenko during his time at Chelsea, like it or not.

To be fair, he's right. Drogba completely outclassed Shevchenko during his time at Chelsea, like it or not.

Errr... I never even implied otherwise.

Knew drogba was class the moment we got ripped apart by him in Europe.

yes remember it well and we went in for him but was always going to Chelski if memory serves me right .

When you spend 35 million on a player after watching his performances and knowing what type of service he was getting from us it would be logical to play wingers on a regular basis to feed him ,Dogleish should be sacked for his shameful waste of a talent that has been neglected .

We won't have him back, the fans won't have him back, no deal. If he's available for a cut price then I can see Stoke gaining an interest in him, also Fulham who will surely lose Dempsey, then theirs Norwich who will lose Holt. The big question for those clubs though is can they afford to pay his wages?

If West Ham get promoted (hope not btw), then I can see them going in for Carroll. He would fit Allardyce's style of play/tactics plus Carroll would be reunited with Nolan.

If West Ham get promoted (hope not btw), then I can see them going in for Carroll. He would fit Allardyce's style of play/tactics plus Carroll would be reunited with Nolan.

and quite possibly barton.

Yeah I was thinking that, or QPR.

We've got defensive signings to make first, expect a LB and a cb in before any talk of an expensive third striker.

I do think it's inevitable he'll end up back here, it's the only place for him.

As been said by Carroll's old agent, Carroll, Nolan and Allardyce have the same dodgy agent.

Knew drogba was class the moment we got ripped apart by him in Europe.

yes remember it well and we went in for him but was always going to Chelski if memory serves me right .

Indeed it does =)

We've got defensive signings to make first, expect a LB and a cb in before any talk of an expensive third striker.

I do think it's inevitable he'll end up back here, it's the only place for him.

Why?

The club has moved on, we no longer play the way needed for Carroll to be provided with the type of balls Carroll plays off. We have 2 very good forwards. His wages will be a problem for us, he hasn't played well for 18 months and no doubt we have a hungry young cheap unknown striker/forward on the radar from some small European town.