West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brendan_Rice

The point is our best spell of football all season long was when we finally STOPPED punting it forward. I was hopeful we'd see more progress this season, signing Carroll just about guarentees that we won't see any progress in the style of play.

Totally agree with you Sewelly.

I don't see why our style of play would change. I don't see why Carroll can't fit into our current system. I remember he was good on the deck before he went to Liverpool.

Seems some people forgotten how well he played for us when he earned that 35 million pound move.

We've moved on as a team since then and have also bought two better centre forwards than him.

None of that will have changed. We would essentially have upgraded Best with Carroll. Getting Andy back in gives us plenty of options to play different formations or even change our style of play if the situation in a match requires it. I'm all for it.

I don't get where this idea that we're going to keep Carroll, Ba and Cisse content for a season is coming from. We're not at a level of being able to tell players like that 'you're in a rotation, like it or lump it'. And I'd rather keep the current two and risk disharmony for Carroll.

I see where you are coming from but we are in 4 competitions, and if want to stay in 4 for years to come we simply cant do that with just 2 top strikers (and other positions), we need 4 just like the Man City and Man Utd's of the world.

Rotation is part of football now, i cant see a reason why we cant do the same in the next few years (if we are in europe of course). Whether Carroll is one of the extra players we need is another matter.

this, plus Pardews a pragmatic manager not committed to any one style of football, when it suits him we'll play good stuff however there are times when you need to be a bit more direct and Carrolls one of the best around for that sort of thing plus he's a menace at set pieces

Guest bimpy474

Bye bye Demba Ba

I reckon not, i think its all 3 and rotate like windmill, we are after all one of the big hitters now...europe and all.

Not quite the bite I was hoping for tbh :lol: poor bait in fairness.

I was semi serious :D

fucking get in! hahaha

I have no doubt that Andy will be back to his best for us.. It was all a plot to destroy Liverpool.

The style of play, though. I don't mind playing long ball here and ther but with Carroll back, long ball'll be back.

The point is our best spell of football all season long was when we finally STOPPED punting it forward. I was hopeful we'd see more progress this season, signing Carroll just about guarentees that we won't see any progress in the style of play.

Totally agree with you Sewelly.

I don't see why our style of play would change. I don't see why Carroll can't fit into our current system. I remember he was good on the deck before he went to Liverpool.

Yep, it's not like our 433 had us playing Barcelona style carpet football FFS.. :lol:

He wouldn't make our first XI, but it is very funny. Wouldn't mind him as an option provided we get an upgrade on Simpson. Otherwise, the temptation to boot it long to him will be irresistible. If we get Debuchy, then he'll have some proper crosses. :smug:

I can't stop laughing at this ;D It's probably the same sense of humour that led to Dezza streaking across the pitch but this is a good 'un.

They'll probably accept and we'll go "Nah it's ok. You keep him" whilst legging it back to SJP.

Is it wrong to think this is an awesome idea?

No, I agree ;D Although it's mostly for the idea of humiliating Liverplol.

The main reason i'm fully behind it :lol:

He's a fan, man. He's a rich man's Shola.

Wouldn't mind bringing him back in on a season long loan if we were only going to be paying 50% off his wages. No way can I see Liverpool agreeing to that though, definitely wouldn't want him back if we were going to be paying the full 80k.

Would be a decent third choice striking option though.

Not sure it will cripple us tactically, we'll have to be a bit more direct with him on the field, but that's not a huge problem as long as it's not relied on frequently. It would just be too awesome to think we sold Carroll, bought a good squad with the money, then got him back. Plus, wouldn't mind seeing him back in the shirt, still have good memories of him.

Everyone hating this has to remember hopefully we will be playing 50+ games next year & Carroll as a 3rd choice striker isn't a bad idea.

That's a beautiful notion. But can you really see him coming back on the wages and expectations of being third choice?

I'm sure he'd rather choose that over being 1st choice at someone like Stoke. I don't think he's gonna be inundated with offers tbh..

I can't stop laughing at this ;D It's probably the same sense of humour that led to Dezza streaking across the pitch but this is a good 'un.

They'll probably accept and we'll go "Nah it's ok. You keep him" whilst legging it back to SJP.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really don't want him back, man. Fuck's sake. We could buy anyone with the money it'd cost to get him back.

Bridges burned, man. He isn't worth it.

Undeniably funny from a trolling perspective, sure.

Guest bimpy474

Whether people are happy with Carroll coming back or not, surely nobody can deny that it's funny as fuck trolling of Liverpool. :lol:

Its brilliant isn't it :D

Personally i'd like to thank them for paying for our current first team, also very nice of them to return the giraffe as well......proper trolled the thick scouse racists.