West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everyone hating this has to remember hopefully we will be playing 50+ games next year & Carroll as a 3rd choice striker isn't a bad idea.

That's a beautiful notion. But can you really see him coming back on the wages and expectations of being third choice?

Seems some people forgotten how well he played for us when he earned that 35 million pound move.

We've moved on as a team since then and have also bought two better centre forwards than him.

None of that will have changed. We would essentially have upgraded Best with Carroll. Getting Andy back in gives us plenty of options to play different formations or even change our style of play if the situation in a match requires it. I'm all for it.

Not surprised at all by this. The club know that Carroll would favour a loan back to us rather than another club and that Rodgers has very publicly cast Carroll aside and can once again completely dictate the terms of the transfer.

Or we bring back somebody that could quite easily upset squad harmony, who is also not as good as what we've got and I highly doubt he would be happy to be third choice either. As that is what he would be.

Can't believe the amount of people that are dripping like a fridge at the prospect of this t*** coming back.

He went for personal gain ahead of the club he claimed to support, let him rot.

I'd take him, it was just the other week people were frothing at the gashes at the thought of Luuk de Jong . Well I'd rather have Carroll. Gives us depth and an option to play a different way in a horses for courses type option.

Can't really see this massive change in style of play everyone else is. Most of the season we spent punting it upfront in hope someone got a head on it. Wasn't until the end we saw any real change.

Part of the problem with Carroll is that he isn't playing for our shirt and that has taken a major part of his game away.

Everyone hating this has to remember hopefully we will be playing 50+ games next year & Carroll as a 3rd choice striker isn't a bad idea.

That's a beautiful notion. But can you really see him coming back on the wages and expectations of being third choice?

it will be loan, i cant see him coming on a full transfer , the whole reason he left was because he wanted a pay rise, and only liverpool were willing to pay him the rise, will /Carroll take a paycut to come back?  no! 

dont want him on loan either.

Seems some people forgotten how well he played for us when he earned that 35 million pound move.

We've moved on as a team since then and have also bought two better centre forwards than him.

None of that will have changed. We would essentially have upgraded Best with Carroll. Getting Andy back in gives us plenty of options to play different formations or even change our style of play if the situation in a match requires it. I'm all for it.

I don't get where this idea that we're going to keep Carroll, Ba and Cisse content for a season is coming from. We're not at a level of being able to tell players like that 'you're in a rotation, like it or lump it'. And I'd rather keep the current two and risk disharmony for Carroll.

Or we bring back somebody that could quite easily upset squad harmony, who is also not as good as what we've got and I highly doubt he would be happy to be third choice either. As that is what he would be.

Can't believe the amount of people that are dripping like a fridge at the prospect of this t*** coming back.

:thup:

A young , badly advised man. Everyone makes mistakes in life. I think he'd deserve a 2nd chance.

Aye, 'cause everyone's reasons for not wanting him back are purely from a footballing ability perspective. :thup:

I'm not saying or suggesting they are. There's no doubt in my mind though that a fit and focused Andy Carroll could give our team something that we currently don't have, which is a viable plan B, and that should really be more important than people's petty frustrations in my opinion.

Can't really see this massive change in style of play everyone else is. Most of the season we spent punting it upfront in hope someone got a head on it. Wasn't until the end we saw any real change.

Definitely agree with that, there were plenty of games where we knocked it long too much. Sometimes we won anyway, sometimes we got nothing. Goes back to what we were discussing earlier about the intended style of play and formation going forward.