West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope he gets a decent reception. I think his reception last season was as much to do with him being in a Liverpool shirt as it was the transfer saga

Would love to see him back

Why does he deserve a decent reception?

Guest bimpy474

I hope he gets a decent reception. I think his reception last season was as much to do with him being in a Liverpool shirt as it was the transfer saga

He doesn't, his first game back and he tried to cheat a club he is supposed to love.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on his transfer, was it for money, ambition or to play for the tramp. He deserves to be slated for the pathetic dive that it was.

Guest bimpy474

Are we really that petty to harangue a player for one dive?

Of course, we are football fans aren't we ? :lol:

Tbh i would hang any cheating diver, when i played (still do but its not the same in veterans) it was the one thing i hated above all else.

Just my own pet hate like.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was obvious in the summer he wanted to come back. A decent reception would go a long way to securing him when he becomes availible

Guest bimpy474

It was obvious in the summer he wanted to come back. A decent reception would go a long way to securing him in January

If he's definitely coming back then fuck my morals and lets cheer him.....woop.

Looked nothing more than an average player to me. I'm not even fussed about the lad anymore............he had it all here playing in front of the Gallowgate in the number 9 shirt but for £££ and other reasons he's lost that and he may live to regret it for the rest of his playing career.

Him diving last season and then missing that 1 on 1 today summed him up perfectly since he left. We should be well shot of him with the 2 strikers we've got.

Incidentally, it was a very good ball by Nolan to set Carroll away. Shame he's not good enough for us though.

Given our tactic of choice of knocking long, he would have probably done well for us today.

he'd have done what he done for them, won lots but didn't have a clue where it was going. pretty pointless really.

But a vast improvement, nonetheless.

Given our tactic of choice of knocking long, he would have probably done well for us today.

he'd have done what he done for them, won lots but didn't have a clue where it was going. pretty pointless really.

But a vast improvement, nonetheless.

An improvement to fit into Pardew's long ball game isn't really an improvement.

Honestly while he would fit Pardew's vision better we shouldn't be looking to play like that.....

How many top teams play like Stoke and successful?

We have plenty of technically gifted footballers who would bring success and we should be looking to build a team around them and add to them.

Not going backwards to mid table standards of football, i'm afraid if this is Pardew's vision for the club then we will never improve on last season.