West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was in a shoes shop with wor lass in Eldon Square about 5ish tonight and Carroll and some bint walked in, he stood pretty much next to me, he looks taller than his stats but isn't as big in terms of frame as you'd think. Looked a reet tramp mind, was pleased no-one was bothering him, though he was getting some starry eyed looks, seemed quite shy, wouldn't look people in the face etc.

A mate has just said on Facebook that he saw Andy Carroll in Eldon Square, and when passing he muttered, to his latest, "I'm not going to f***ing Dorothy Perkins I hate it". So he'll definitely not be in there!

Guest Howaythetoon

Was the one across from that stationary shop, him and the bird did look then walked away only to come back in. She clearly did the leading.

Its stupid how people Nasri's age can be Young Player. In that case, it probably will be him. Carroll should be above Bale tbh, but we'll see how the press campaign for Bale. He's been a CL player more than anything.

The problem is if Nasri wins the Overall POTY because then if he doesn't win Young POTY it doesn't make sense. Daft FA.

What's the problem with that though? If he's the best player he's the best player, it's a bit harsh to just assume anyone under a certain age isn't capable of it.

It could perhaps be changed to 'breakthrough player' or something, and limit it by experience instead. The vast majority of the time that will mean it's a young player anyway.

Nasri will win the young player I'd of thought. Possibly even the proper one as well. They'd never give it to AC, it'd be too controversial in their eyes.

Should win both. He's been the PLs best player this season.

Nasri will win the young player I'd of thought. Possibly even the proper one as well. They'd never give it to AC, it'd be too controversial in their eyes.

Except when playing against Newcastle.

Krul had no rights to stop that shot man, it was one of the best saves I've ever seen.

Its stupid how people Nasri's age can be Young Player. In that case, it probably will be him. Carroll should be above Bale tbh, but we'll see how the press campaign for Bale. He's been a CL player more than anything.

The problem is if Nasri wins the Overall POTY because then if he doesn't win Young POTY it doesn't make sense. Daft FA.

See Ronaldo, 2007.

Krul had no rights to stop that shot man, it was one of the best saves I've ever seen.

Did next to nowt else though, and it was a lucky strike.

And that's not including his contribution in goals like Nolan's first vs Villa (+ maybe others that I can't think of right now).

Massive part in Barton's yesterday.

So that's 10 goals and 6 assists in 17 games and he isn't the penalty taker.

Not too shabby.

Just seen that that, in fact, puts him top of the Premier League combined goals/assists table. http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Combined_2010-11.html

What a hero  :)

Guest palnese

He had horrible technique in the shoot out against Deportivo. If that's how he normally takes a penalty I'm not surprised he's low down in the pecking order.

He just smashed it. If you hit the target it will most likely go in.

Penalties is all about confidence and mentality. Technique isn´t that important as long as you have the right mentality. Ex. I would say Michael Owen was a very good finisher, but he was horrible at taking penalties. With the fantastic form and confidence Carroll is carrying, I would not be very anxious about him taking the penalties.

Penalties is all about confidence and mentality. Technique isn´t that important as long as you have the right mentality. Ex. I would say Michael Owen was a very good finisher, but he was horrible at taking penalties. With the fantastic form and confidence Carroll is carrying, I would not be very anxious about him taking the penalties.

I'd disagree about Owen being a good finisher. OBviously he's decent, but his success was always about his ability to get into the positions so often, even at his best his finishing wasn't great. He scored loads against us, but I saw him miss loads of one on ones v us too.

I'd disagree about Owen being a good finisher. OBviously he's decent, but his success was always about his ability to get into the positions so often, even at his best his finishing wasn't great. He scored loads against us, but I saw him miss loads of one on ones v us too.

Really?? I think he was one of the best during his peak.

I agree about that his positioning probably was his main strength, but I would say his finishing was great as well. He didn´t score from outside the box, but he always seemed to get his shots on goal when he was inside the penalty area, and he could score from every angle.

It was tragic during his last season here. Owen only knew how to finish one way: shift his body to the left, side foot to the keeper's left. Any time he went through on goal, was like every one in the stadium knew what he was going to do. If it didn't work that was it, he had no plan B.

Guest Stephen927

If you don't have power in your shots then you need great precision to be a good spot kick taker. Owen has neither. Good finisher in his prime but theres a big difference between stepping up for a pen and sprinting towards goal one on one with the keeper.