West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surely the whole issue with Redknapp is he does it to unsettle players who clubs want to keep.

If he did it over Alan smith, i doubt we'd all have been having a go. Pool have been acting like they dont want Carroll, theyve unsettled the situation in the first place.

Precisely, anything else Rodgers comes out with now is just tough titty i'm afraid. Shouldn't have put him in the shop window if you didn't want to sell him.

If Pardew was actively unsettling a player who was comfortable at his club and the club were comfortable with him (like Redknapp does), i'd have an issue with it. That's not what has happened.

So fuck.

And when speaking to the media in the US ahead of Liverpool's friendly with Roma, Rodgers said: "Andy is a terrific young player. "I had a brief chat with all the lads and over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to speak to them with more confidence and on a one-to-one basis. "There is no doubt he is a terrific talent. "There has been a lot of unfair criticism aimed towards Andy. "He is a player who can play in a number of styles and it was a wee bit unfair on him (for people) to say he couldn't fit into the way I would want to play. "For me, your game is based on your players, the players you have. I am here to win games. "We've got a number of very, very talented players in the group, of which Andy is one."

Said the same thing about him being out of line a few pages back, not his normal style and lacks his usual class as regards Pards.

The Wee line there is far too much like Dalglish

In two minds about this. On the one hand Rodgers did indeed open the door to speculation, but I would still prefer Pardew to keep schtum about other clubs' players as a principle and keep our cards close to our chest with regards to transfer business. Normally you would expect this sort of chat to be designed to unsettle a player or make your interest clear, but I fail to see why that would even be necessary in this case.

N.B. Still frustrates me to see why 'arry spilled the beans on wor Demba's contract situation, i.e. with the sole aim to destabilise a rival club. If he was interested in him he wouldn't have make his knowledge of the clause public. Wish the FA would have done something about it under the flag of unsportsmanship behaviour.

Guest bimpy474

Anything that undermines them cunts and make them look silly is brilliant in my book. I will drop all morals and just plough hypocritcally on just so i can laugh at that hideous club.

Interesting to hear that Pardew doesn't think Carroll can play in a passing oriented side.

We may be buying him so we hoof the ball high and long to him so half the stadium will look up and see those Sports Direct adverts that are often unseen when we pass it about. Yeah?

Would you rather we played like Swansea?

:lol: What kind of question is that? Of course I would., I'd rather play like swansea than a Sam Allardyce era bolton, fo sheezy. We've got infinitely better players than Swansea or the old Bolton, which do you think would suit our current side more?

Of course we should keep it on the ground.

Both forms of football are utter shite to watch, I would much sooner have several big men who promote long ball football in the side than play like fucking Swansea though.

:lol: Why? We're far better than Swansea, chances are we'd be class if we played like that. Cabaye's passing, Ben Arfa's direct approach, Cisse's clinical finishing. If we kept the ball as well as Swansea did last season we'd have scored more goals than we did, IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Living by the sword and dying by the sword and all that with regards to Pardews comments. Personally I'd rather he didn't play that game at all.

He's not a Newcastle player, keep  comments like that to yourself. Fair enough, saying you're interested, but starting to talk about another team's way of playing and how a certain player will or won't fit into that doesn't have anything to do with him.

Posted this in the Remy thread too...

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

No concrete transfer progress to report, #nufc-wise. Remy too expensive I think; plus board REALLY fancy bringing Carroll back. Could happen

:jesuswept:

Guest firetotheworks

Giggs!!!!

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol: :memelol:........... :tiote: