West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we'd get the same Carroll that Liverpool paid for almost instantly. A big part of him playing for us is he is a fan he'll always have that extra amount of effort playing for us because we're his. If he leaves Liverpool it'll only be back here IMO

Who else? Roy Carroll?

Haha :lol:

fuck me, Rodgers is an awful man manager :lol:

Carroll will go in this next two days. He can't stay at Liverpool after the way this has played out in public - hope he chins Rodgers on the way out of the door.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/29/liverpool-offer-andy-carroll-to-west-ham-and-newcastle-united-72703-31725673/

Seems a strange time to publish this. Probably just trying to keep up with the morning quotes.

Isn't he just picking bits of that Rodgers interview and taking it out of context there though? In typical Ryder fashion.

How desperate must you be to throw so much money at a player who does not want to play for you.  If Carroll doesn't want to move to West Ham, they should just leave it.  Just as Liverpool fans believe that he underperformed for them because he really wanted to stay with us, surely it would be the same with West Ham?  They already said they couldn't afford him any more because of the transfer deals they have done in the last couple of weeks and before that they said they would be spending all of their transfer budget on him and couldn't afford any other players for the forseeable future if they got him.  If that is true, then they are idiots for even attempting to sign him.

I really want him back here so I hope he refuses to go anywhere else so Liverpool have no choice but to accept our offer.  And I really think Allardyce will stunt his development as it will be all long ball stuff and AC is a better player than that.

I think the way Rodgers is treating him is appalling though.

No doubt we've been offered Carroll, just not for the price we're willing to pay.

I'd be fairly confident that the situation is as follows.

We've made our final offer, and it's sitting on the table and will be there until the window closes. If Liverpool come to us on deadline day and say "Fine, we'll take it" then we'll sign him. If not we'll roll with what we have.

There's a chance that all of this that we're reading in the press from Pardew is our attempt to convince Liverpool that we won't be going back with a new bid. Maybe we're willing to go back with a million or two more on deadline day if we feel Liverpool aren't going to cave. I doubt it personally, but it's a possibility.

Liverpool meanwhile are hoping that either

- We'll up our bid on deadline day and they'll squeeze a bit more cash out of us.

- Another club becomes interested on deadline day and Carroll can be convinced to go there.

I doubt either of those things happen, so ultimately it'll all come down to whether or not Liverpool are prepared to cut their losses and sell him for the amount that we have on the table.

It's clear enough that Rogers doesn't rate him and from his perspective I don't see why he'd keep Carroll. They should still get a pretty decent fee for him even if they are making a massive loss, and I'd imagine for the 12m or so we're probably offering Rogers could bring in a player he really likes.

Reckon it'll go right down to the last few hours anyway and much will depend on whether Liverpool can get their own targets in.

My feeling when we first went after him on loan was that we'd sign him on deadline day, and right now I'm sticking with that.

If they really need to sell to buy. They'll be trying to work a deal for someone (Walcott?) around the offer they have from us before reluctantly accepting in order to pull the trigger on their own deal. We'll probably end up with AC on our terms, purely because Rodgers wants his own man in and our money is all he'll have to work with.

No doubt we've been offered Carroll, just not for the price we're willing to pay.

We've made our final offer, and it's sitting on the table and will be there until the window closes. If Liverpool come to us on deadline day and say "Fine, we'll take it" then we'll sign him. If not we'll roll with what we have.

There's a chance that all of this that we're reading in the press from Pardew is our attempt to convince Liverpool that we won't be going back with a new bid. Maybe we're willing to go back with a million or two more on deadline day if we feel Liverpool aren't going to cave. I doubt it personally, but it's a possibility.

- We'll up our bid on deadline day and they'll squeeze a bit more cash out of us.

- Another club becomes interested on deadline day and Carroll can be convinced to go there.

I doubt either of those things happen, so ultimately it'll all come down to whether or not Liverpool are prepared to cut their losses and sell him for the amount that we have on the table.

It's clear enough that Rogers doesn't rate him and from his perspective I don't see why he'd keep Carroll. They should still get a pretty decent fee for him even if they are making a massive loss, and I'd imagine for the 12m or so we're probably offering Rogers could bring in a player he really likes.

Reckon it'll go right down to the last few hours anyway and much will depend on whether Liverpool can get their own targets in.

My feeling when we first went after him on loan was that we'd sign him on deadline day, and right now I'm sticking with that.

Think this is probably the nearest to the truth when adding up all the facts and filling in the blanks with guesses.

My personal opinion is Liverpool will blink first due to Rodgers needing cash freed up for his own targets, no point selling Carroll and leaving it too late to bring anyone in, we did that with him but we got a premium for the trouble, a premium we won't go anywhere near.

I'm pretty indifferent. I dont really understand those ho are desperate to have him back? I know there are degrees of 'want' that people will display regarding this proposed transfer but given what happened in the manner it happened I dont see it ending well. If he does I hope he finds the form he has been evidently capable of.

I get the feeling that Liverpool will accept West Ham's offer again, and tell Andy it's there or nowhere.

Haven't West Ham admitted they can't do that deal anymore since they've done other business now? Think we're their only hope. How ironic :lol:

I get the feeling that Liverpool will accept West Ham's offer again, and tell Andy it's there or nowhere.

Haven't West Ham admitted they can't do that deal anymore since they've done other business now? Think we're their only hope. How ironic :lol:

Especially since they already admitted that if they done that deal they would have blown there economy for years to come :lol:

Especially since they already admitted that if they done that deal they would have blown there economy for years to come :lol:

Wouldn't be the first time an egotistical owner pays over the odds and beyond what his original club wanted to pay for a striker and scuppering their finances for several years, would it?

:thup:

Sounds plausible.