West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Excellent News. The Big Man is really starting to come good. Excited about the football on Wednesday now just no injuries please.

Cannot believe how quickly he has progressed tbh, After we lost Oba and MO and Viduka I was concerned but they have gone now. If he carries on like he is imagine what he will be  like when he hits his peak!!!!!

I think his biggest improvement has to be his technique. Although he's still not the best with the ball at his feet he has shown progress and does some dribbles sometimes and if he can develop that he'll become a deadly player.

I was at the Wst Ham game a couple of Seasons ago when he scored his first Premier League Goal, a trademark header, Back then he wasn't holding the ball up as much or laying it off but now it just seems like he always wants the ball and that to me is  sign of confidence.

I think the agression he plays with is spot on at the moment, There is no denying he hasn't had his fair share of off-the-pitch incidents and for many players this sort of thing can be used against them in a match but AC doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Professional behaviour and all that......

Aye, I was at that WHU game too. It was a fucking beaut - similar to the Stoke goal he scored weeks later too iirc. He managed to loop the ball and get it to dip into the top corner. Dipping a ball with his head! I thought I was seeing things :lol:

Very pleased for him theres no one out there that can say he has not earned his place

As horrible as relegation was Andy Carroll getting a season in that league under his belt has turned out as a huge blessing, that could also be said for quite a few of our other players.

He certainly deserves his chance. Especially when we keep on hearing Crouch is the option that gives us something different. Even though Crouch is much better with the ball at his feet.

If England are looking for that type of player, Carroll is probably the one to fill that void. Even if he's just coming off the bench, as he'll certainly unsettle defenders.

It will be interesting how officials on the continent react to this style though, as he's never came up against this before, and he won't get away with as much as he does in the Premier League.

I still can't believe his progress - I will fully admit I thought he would never be good enough and his performance against Man City at home, the year we got relegated was one of the worst I've seen from a Newcastle United striker.

Bang. Right on cue, they probably have had this saved up until his England appearance was confirmed:

Andy Carroll paid compo to woman he attacked outside club

EXCLUSIVE by Nick Owens

http://i54.tinypic.com/izsrxw.jpg

Football star Andy Carroll has paid thousands in compensation to a blonde he viciously attacked outside a nightclub

The bad-boy Newcastle United striker left Samantha Morrison with permanent facial injuries after he hit her across the face as she celebrated her birthday.

Moments before the attack Carroll, 21, rolled up his sleeves and approached Samantha with another girl and screamed: “I bet you wish you had t**s like her.”

He then hit the 19-year-old so hard she needed eight stitches.

The £10m-rated striker, who was last night named in the England squad, ran off leaving his victim screaming and covered in blood.

Carroll, who earns £30,000 a week, was later arrested and cautioned by police.

But Samantha was so outraged he had got off lightly she launched a civil action against Carroll, who paid £11,000 in fees and compensation in an out-of-court settlement.

“The money means nothing,” said Samantha “He should have been jailed. I’ve been left a wreck I get scared when people get too close to me now. I fear they will hit me. My life has changed.”

Carroll struck out as Samantha, an optical assistant from Kingston Park, Newcastle, sat with friends outside the city’s Blu Bambu nightclub.

He approached Samantha with his ex-fiancee Faye Johnstone, 24, screaming obscenties.

Samantha, who had been in the club celebrating her 19th birthday in September 2008 with three pals, including one in a wheelchair, said she tried to ignore Carroll as he ranted on for 10 minutes.

But then witnesses saw him lift up his arms as if to stretch... then slap her.

“I’ve no idea why he was so abusive and I ignored him as best I could. Then I felt an almighty whack across my face.

"He knew what he was doing. I was covered in blood, I was crying and very shaken.”

The attack left her with no feeling in her bottom lip and doctors say she will have permanent nerve damage.

Samantha, now 21, said she would be sickened if Carroll played for England. “Letting him play for the national team would send out all the wrong messages. It would say that it’s OK for him to behave anyway he wants.”

Carroll settled out of court when his solicitor wrote to Samantha’s lawyer admitting the player carried out the attack, but claimed it was sparked by her being abusive.

The letter said: “The defendant accepts responsibility for his actions and understands that - even after severe provocation - he had no right to raise his hand in retaliation. As a Newcastle player, he has to project a clean image.”

Last month Carroll pleaded guilty to common assault after he gashed a nightclubber’s face and he is also on bail accused of attacking his ex-girlfriend Laurie Henderson, 18.

Source

???

He certainly deserves his chance. Especially when we keep on hearing Crouch is the option that gives us something different. Even though Crouch is much better with the ball at his feet.

If England are looking for that type of player, Carroll is probably the one to fill that void. Even if he's just coming off the bench, as he'll certainly unsettle defenders.

It will be interesting how officials on the continent react to this style though, as he's never came up against this before, and he won't get away with as much as he does in the Premier League.

I still can't believe his progress - I will fully admit I thought he would never be good enough and his performance against Man City at home, the year we got relegated was one of the worst I've seen from a Newcastle United striker.

It's all in the hair.

It's all in the hair.

We should get Smith growing his hair. He might become like a white Tiote.

Andy Carroll is out of his England debut against France in a devastating personal blow - and a major setback for Fabio Capello.

The Newcastle United giant is ready to withdraw from his first full appearance with a groin injury that could also rule him out of Chris Hughton's plans for a couple of weeks.

Carroll was due to get a run-out against the French as Capello goes experimental, but his international injury jinx has returned and dogged him - like it did for the under-21s recently.

The Geordie hero's absence means Capello will struggle to have a close look at him before he names his squads for the European Championship qualifiers next year and it is a major opportunity lost.

The late call-off also makes a nonsense of Capello's selection as Carroll was a key figure and his fitness was not fully factored into the final group.

Capello may now have to rely on Peter Crouch, left out by Tottenham last midweek because he needed a rest, give Gabriel Agbonlahor a chance or promote the uncapped Jay Bothroyd.

The Italian's choice was also a major snub for Bolton skipper Kevin Davies, who is in the best form of all of the candidates but has been discarded after one substitute appearance.

Capello may call up Davies as an after-thought again, but the Wanderers hit man has also been feeling injuries after playing in every game of his club's storming run and could be unavailable.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Andy-Carroll-out-of-England-debut-v-France-with-groin-injury-article628995.html#ixzz15G4k3H4h

Gutted... but if this a Fergie type player international call up injury ?

Chris: Here Andy, just gonna let Joey give you a little knock, we don't want you to be playing midweek

Andy: But...

Joey: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

*cuts to Carroll on the floor in agony*

Joey: Whoops!

Andy: AAAARRRGHHH!

Chris: D'oh!